You are not connected. Please login or register

Templar: Skills vs ICD

Azall

Azall

Templar: Skills vs ICD EmptyPosts : 140
Azall

I play mostly templar, and i am FD in sta, but i was thinking playing with offensive side.

Which one would serve be better -> "Skills" STR or 1vs1 ICD

It's kind a pricey to donate or buy dp gear from other players, so i would appriciate any oppinions about the matter, it would be cool if someone who has played Templar and has some realistic knowlenge about it.

My original idea was to buy new SOPA for my sword and make it to SOPA "STR", and buy 2h axe, make it to SOPA "STA", then buy another Aurum with SOPA "STR" and re-blessing my another donor cs with 3x STR.
End-note if needed i have another Dark Soul "ATK" shield, for more damage if needed.

##1 - Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Templar: Skills vs ICD EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

Templar original created to be a "Tank" Therefore, Knight's powers came from Sta Builds and Sta Awakes. But due to certain changes, Knights started to be come more of a 1v1.

My experience of a Knight for 5 yrs of another private server.
Sword was about strength and str cards
Shield was about sta and sta cards
I took my helmet into Str, while keeping my suit as Sta. Gloves would be Str, since this server doesnt have atk. Boots would be either ICD or Spd or both Combination, since this server does not have def/hp

If you really want to go on a point of carrying Mantis and Rev Scrolls.
Put Str in weapons, sheilds, helmet, suit. But if you want to buy Sopa, then put str awakes in all of items.

I even turn my knight to be like a blade. Since Blades are more 1v1 damage dealing Class.

There is so much possibilities that you need to think "what is this class build' is going to do for me.

##2 - Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:16 pm
freedert1

freedert1

Advanced Contributor
Templar: Skills vs ICD EmptyPosts : 1291
freedert1

Templar Str:
-For Skills Spammers of Shield Bash, Sky Splitter. (Attack base so if we increased Templar STR also increasing the Attack)

Templar ICD%:
-For critic hitters they not solely using Skills like Shield Bash, Sky Splitter.
-But problem is the luck of accuracy well they can hits% cloak to confiscate of their luck of accuracy.

This my hypothesis about Templar Str and ICD% type.

##3 - Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:55 pm

Compulse

Templar: Skills vs ICD EmptyPosts : 9
Compulse

why not try switching STA(axe)/ICD(sword)? you also need to have crit chance % to have better hit rate if you go ICD switch.

##4 - Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:20 am
Azall

Azall

Templar: Skills vs ICD EmptyPosts : 140
Azall

LEgionDark i appriciate ur oppinions, but this is more towards seige and end game pvp, it's not about what suit u best, more like which on would give better outcome.

Freedert1 As much as i like ur reply, it's more like how do they work, and i know it already, ICD build contains both giving benefith from skills like stun etc, while dashing some extra damage top of that.

Compulse
I know the crit rate think, + "Why not try switching STA(axe)/(sword)?" To put it very simply, buying items and sopa's are very expensive, of course i could test it with lesser gear, nevertheless it would take a lot of effort and play hours.

I want to clarify something here, i know how both of them work, i know how the block and game mechanics work, my point in this topic is to someone who has already played templar in pvp or siege in this server to give their thoughts about templars offensive abilities on both styles.

To put it simple terms, i know how they both work and how to play them, my point is to ask which one would serve me better in my investment.

##5 - Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:36 am
abskie05

abskie05

Templar: Skills vs ICD EmptyPosts : 1
abskie05

They should put shields with block rate. That is one of the advancement of a ICD temp.

##6 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 7:39 am
Amnesty

Amnesty

Game Master
Game Master
Templar: Skills vs ICD EmptyPosts : 188
Amnesty

If this were pre-wipe, I would go ADOCH hands down.

Now however, my experience as a Knight has led me toward more skill-based tactics. In the current meta, I believe a skill knight will fare much better than an ADOCH Knight, especially with the damage nerf when having over 500m HP. When buffed, I did about 120m Shield Bashes, enough to stun and kill a majority of players.

Experience from pre-wipe
Experience from now

##7 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Sponsored content

Templar: Skills vs ICD Empty
Sponsored content

##8 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum