You are not connected. Please login or register

Mazey Flyff » General » General Discussion » asasRe-balancing Team

Re-balancing Team

avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2960
Points : 2144
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
As the title says, I think we need some re-balancing team. No offense to the staff and admins, I do credit your gaming skills, it's just that you are busy doing your job as a GM and doing your personal lives and that's why you are rarely active in-game. And even if you are, you don't get to play siege or try other jobs. I do know that some GMs have experience about the game itself but it maybe pales in comparison to other active PRO players and especially the PRO siegers. The re-balancing team should be composed of players or even GMs to be fair, that proved their credibility in the game. I mean they should be well-known in game and had some reputation. They will work under Mazey only. Other GMs or staffs can't dispatch or disrespect them as long as they are both on the re-balancing team. At the re-balancing team, all players are equal, regardless if you are a GM or not. Mazey will still the upper force and the law. And the non-staff members of the re-balancing team will report directly to Mazey. I won't name names but I know some players, PRO players here that's not a member of the staff. I mean, I've been in-game for like 6 months before I quit. And I know that until now, there are still PRO players out there that I don't recognize.

We do know for a fact that MazeyFlyff is not yet balanced. Harles and FMs still dominates the siege. I don't suggest for another weapons, awakes, and stuff. Just the gameplay. Maybe we should change some useless skills to be more useful. Buff skills to be more useful too. I don't know if who helps Mazey about the balancing, but listening to some PRO players will not be a harm. Two heads are better than one, as the saying goes.

I know this will lead to rants. "Why is he/she there?", "I'm way more better than him/her", or stuff like that. And before the re-balancing or changes to be implemented, Mazey will still consider the changes before he will implement it in game, if he will. At the end of the day, he still have the final word. It's just that he will have more things to consider because of the help of the re-balancing team. We have to consider that it is for the common good. And accept to yourself that he/she is better than you. I, myself, is not a PRO player. I sieged. I know some classes. BUT i don't know everything. As some of you will know, I still ask dumb questions at forums. Hell, I don't even apply for a GM nor an ambassador. I won't even apply for this re-balancing team. At the end of the day, i'm just a simple, mundane player who wants to enjoy the game and try other class that would be a candidate for siege and not just the common ones.

I humbly accept negative or positive criticisms as long as it's on the topic. Don't rant against my personality or else I will shove it down to your throat. Lol. Just kidding. If you want to be more vulgar then so be it. It's your choice and you have every right to do so. Just don't violate the rules. As long as you know what you are saying and it stays on the topic. Happy debate everyone! Give some +1/-1 before you comment so we can scan the number of players that are against or not.

##1 - Posted on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:01 pm
View user profile
avatar

Amnesty

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 188
Points : 295
Likes Received : 19
Join date : 2013-07-02
Amnesty
  
I'll quote what I've said before:

Amnesty wrote:Almost every class has a purpose in siege.

Force Master and Harlequin aside, we have Arcanists, who do extremely well in large sieges, and Templars, who also do extremely well in large sieges.

In contrast, there are Mentalists, who, contrary to popular belief, actually can do quite well in small sieges with some skill. Their burst/time delayed attacks due to run speed can actually be quite deadly.

While I admit that Crackshooters and Slayers do lack the capabilities of the aforementioned classes, they are undoubtedly the best PvE classes in game. If they were skilled at both PvP and PvE then there would be no need for other classes.

Seraphs can serve as both a support and an attacker, though they suffer from hit rate issues like the classes above. Still, 300m+ melee hits is nothing to laugh about.

I've played most of these classes and know that every class has the possibility to MVP given the right circumstances. Even so, Guild Siege is meant to be a team effort; some classes are meant to do well individually while others are better suited to assist these classes. With communication, a team of diverse jobs will do better than one with solely any one job.

The threat of a Force Master's all-powerful Asal, an invisible Harlequin's HOP, a Mentalists' delayed damage, an Arcanist's deadly EVA, or a Templar's ability to stun and reflect can come together to make endless possibilities when working together. Sometimes players must sacrifice an individual high score by playing these classes in order to better the team's chance of winning.

I stand by my belief that every class has the chance to do well in siege. I also acknowledge the fact that some excel in more areas than others.

I agree that changes could be made, however even the smallest of changes can cause an uproar in the community. PvP patches aren't something to be dealt with lightly.

##2 - Posted on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:38 pm
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2960
Points : 2144
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
Let's admit it, sir. I know you said and your reputation exceeds you that every class has the possibility, and I see that you state your own opinion. But that are just theories. Maybe some would be true. But how does mentalist, seraphs, cracks, can be MvP? I mean mentalist does not have enough hp to tank even in full STA mode, I guess. And if it switches to INT gears, i think Spirit Bomb wouldn't deal much damage so they will again refer to Aether Grasp which is a melee attack or at least a short range attack. All that's useful for mentalist is their Satanolgy or the little reflect I think. Well, I could be wrong though. And seraphs, how can they attack? You mean punch or bat the hell out of the siegers? If yes, then the hp would be drastically reduced. If they can remove the cooldown of merkaba and be able to put it on a action slot, I think seraph will have a chance. Or make the "rhisis skill"(the last skill of seraph in the skill tree) i think to be STA based. They can stone hand then when stun occured, spam the hell out of merkaba. But the damage would be quite a problem too. Seraph does not have enough damage per INT to support merkaba. And I know we know how crack/blades has it's own disadvantage at siege.

I do agree that they have their own unique skills, but, seraph's, templar's, mentalist's, "unique skills" are just meant for support. How can they be MvP? Maybe I do lack some experience. And I humbly accept that. Anyone is open to correct me. That's the purpose of this topic. I agree that siege is a collaborative effort, but at least give other classes a chance to excel. What if a player wants an offensive seraph/mentalist/templar? I really don't know where i'm getting at, and I could be wrong on some aspects, but regardless of the MvP, I think changes can still be made for us to be able to play a class according to how we want to play it. It's all about having fun.

At least we both agreed that changes could be made. And I agree with the uproar thing. But the ideas for the changes doesn't come from a simple player-maybe like me, but from the PRO players who knew the game well. And that's where the re-balancing team will enter.

##3 - Posted on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:54 pm
View user profile
avatar

Ramon

Ex-GM
Posts : 233
Points : 259
Likes Received : 9
Join date : 2014-07-18
Ramon
  
I agree with the basic tone of this thread. There could be a better balance, YES. I like the idea of a 'committee' too. I thought of something myself a few days ago. Just as a thought if certain players had an account with just the rights to transform in any class they wanted plus the items they would need, they could actually look into the issues with the balance.

Another idea I had, though I don't know if it is an actual possibillity, is making PVP changes on an extra cluster where only a few users would have access to. They could review the changes done to the PVP system and report back to Mazey. Based on their experiences the changes could be applied on the regular servers.


BTW
Shai wrote:I mean mentalist does not have enough hp to tank even in full STA mode, I guess. And if it switches to INT gears, i think Spirit Bomb wouldn't deal much damage so they will again refer to Aether Grasp which is a melee attack or at least a short range attack. All that's useful for mentalist is their Satanolgy or the little reflect I think. Well, I could be wrong though.

You are wrong here though. Best example is Mag1c, you could add LostChick here too. Though there are not many people sieging with Mentalists, those who do actually do very well and are a big threat. I always tell my mates to immediately get rid of Menta because they can be a huge pain in the a.ss.
Also Mag1c MVPed more than once already and does quite good in any siege he attends

##4 - Posted on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2960
Points : 2144
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
I don't agree with extra cluster. It will be just a trouble coding or whatsoever. As I've said before, re-balancing team will work directly under Mazey, which would mean that if granted, the members of the team will have the access on where Mazey, himself, does the testing and the changes. The members will work together with Mazey with regards to the re-balancing.

I don't recognize the players you said, but I'll take your word for it. At least Mentalists would be a candidate and a job less on re-balancing. I'm glad that you liked this suggestion because honestly, you are one of the players that I have in mind with respect to the re-balancing team. If needed, I can post the names of the players that I think would be a part of the team. I don't treat myself as a big shot here that players will always listen to me, but I'm still a member just like everyone of us and I know that my voice will be heard.

##5 - Posted on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:08 am
View user profile
avatar

Ramon

Ex-GM
Posts : 233
Points : 259
Likes Received : 9
Join date : 2014-07-18
Ramon
  
Yea, that cluster thing was just a suggestion, I dont know how hard it would be to realize that.

I am always very open minded about balancing suggestions since this is a siege server, the balance should have top priority. I wouldnt mind helping in improving the balance in any way just to get that out right here. I'd like to hear some more opinions on that matter though.

##6 - Posted on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:02 am
View user profile
avatar

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Posts : 1445
Points : 1871
Likes Received : 35
Join date : 2014-01-22
LEgionDark
  
Shai wrote:We do know for a fact that MazeyFlyff is not yet balanced. Harles and FMs still dominates the siege. I don't suggest for another weapons, awakes, and stuff. Just the gameplay. Maybe we should change some useless skills to be more useful. Buff skills to be more useful too. I don't know if who helps Mazey about the balancing, but listening to some PRO players will not be a harm. Two heads are better than one, as the saying goes.

There have been lot of talks about that right there. For me, I would love to see more games that deals with certain character class.

##7 - Posted on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:06 am
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2960
Points : 2144
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
Florentina wrote:Yea, that cluster thing was just a suggestion, I dont know how hard it would be to realize that.

I am always very open minded about balancing suggestions since this is a siege server, the balance should have top priority. I wouldnt mind helping in improving the balance in any way just to get that out right here. I'd like to hear some more opinions on that matter though.

I just hope Mazey will try to consider this matter. And i also hope that you will be available because this rebalancing team is all about PRO players like you and some other that the suggestions you make are not frivolous.

LEgionDark wrote:
Shai wrote:We do know for a fact that MazeyFlyff is not yet balanced. Harles and FMs still dominates the siege. I don't suggest for another weapons, awakes, and stuff. Just the gameplay. Maybe we should change some useless skills to be more useful. Buff skills to be more useful too. I don't know if who helps Mazey about the balancing, but listening to some PRO players will not be a harm. Two heads are better than one, as the saying goes.

There have been lot of talks about that right there. For me, I would love to see more games that deals with certain character class.

Same here. I want to play icd pvp forcemaster, icd type harle, battle templar. Just anything that comes in my mind and i know that im not alone on this matter. Im sure some of our fellow players feel the same way.


##8 - Posted on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:35 am
View user profile
avatar

Crackshooter

Jr. Member
Posts : 18
Points : 31
Likes Received : 0
Join date : 2014-07-04
Crackshooter
  
How to fix crackshooters for siege:
Flat 1/3 hit rate, hell it could even be 1/4.
This would work because Bps / YJs have a GUARANTEED hit on there skill.

##9 - Posted on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:00 am
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2960
Points : 2144
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
Crackshooter wrote:How to fix crackshooters for siege:
Flat 1/3 hit rate, hell it could even be 1/4.
This would work because Bps / YJs have a GUARANTEED hit on there skill.

I don't have any idea about what are you saying. Care to dumb this down a little? I don't see much of a problem with cracshooter's hit rate. Maybe it can be changed a bit but it is their damage that needs to be changed. The normal hit. I think cracks have a low damage even if you are fd. We know that hp is their huge disadvantage and they only have their range to rely on, so boosting a little attack power for them is quite understandable on my opinion.

##10 - Posted on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:42 pm
View user profile
avatar

Crackshooter

Jr. Member
Posts : 18
Points : 31
Likes Received : 0
Join date : 2014-07-04
Crackshooter
  
Shai wrote:
Crackshooter wrote:How to fix crackshooters for siege:
Flat 1/3 hit rate, hell it could even be 1/4.
This would work because Bps / YJs have a GUARANTEED hit on there skill.

I don't have any idea about what are you saying. Care to dumb this down a little? I don't see much of a problem with cracshooter's hit rate. Maybe it can be changed a bit but it is their damage that needs to be changed. The normal hit. I think cracks have a low damage even if you are fd. We know that hp is their huge disadvantage and they only have their range to rely on, so boosting a little attack power for them is quite understandable on my opinion.

I have the max hit rate for crack and most of the time in siege i wont ever get a hit off.
If this was changed to a SOLID 1/3 or 1/4 hit rate it would world better.

##11 - Posted on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:29 pm
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2960
Points : 2144
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
Crackshooter wrote:
Shai wrote:
Crackshooter wrote:How to fix crackshooters for siege:
Flat 1/3 hit rate, hell it could even be 1/4.
This would work because Bps / YJs have a GUARANTEED hit on there skill.

I don't have any idea about what are you saying. Care to dumb this down a little? I don't see much of a problem with cracshooter's hit rate. Maybe it can be changed a bit but it is their damage that needs to be changed. The normal hit. I think cracks have a low damage even if you are fd. We know that hp is their huge disadvantage and they only have their range to rely on, so boosting a little attack power for them is quite understandable on my opinion.

I have the max hit rate for crack and most of the time in siege i wont ever get a hit off.
If this was changed to a SOLID 1/3 or 1/4 hit rate it would world better.

You mean that by changing it to 1/3 or 1/4 it would be hit successfully? Do you think that would be a bit OP? I'm not sure about that, but I guess it is somewhat credible since you have max hit rate and stuff. Do you agree if hit rate will just depend on luck? I mean they can increase damage and for crack would be not OP, they will leave the hit rate as it is so that if won't be somewhat imbalance for the other class. I'm just guessing at this matter though.

##12 - Posted on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:55 pm
View user profile
avatar

Crackshooter

Jr. Member
Posts : 18
Points : 31
Likes Received : 0
Join date : 2014-07-04
Crackshooter
  
Shai wrote:
Crackshooter wrote:
Shai wrote:
Crackshooter wrote:How to fix crackshooters for siege:
Flat 1/3 hit rate, hell it could even be 1/4.
This would work because Bps / YJs have a GUARANTEED hit on there skill.

I don't have any idea about what are you saying. Care to dumb this down a little? I don't see much of a problem with cracshooter's hit rate. Maybe it can be changed a bit but it is their damage that needs to be changed. The normal hit. I think cracks have a low damage even if you are fd. We know that hp is their huge disadvantage and they only have their range to rely on, so boosting a little attack power for them is quite understandable on my opinion.

I have the max hit rate for crack and most of the time in siege i wont ever get a hit off.
If this was changed to a SOLID 1/3 or 1/4 hit rate it would world better.

You mean that by changing it to 1/3 or 1/4 it would be hit successfully? Do you think that would be a bit OP? I'm not sure about that, but I guess it is somewhat credible since you have max hit rate and stuff. Do you agree if hit rate will just depend on luck? I mean they can increase damage and for crack would be not OP, they will leave the hit rate as it is so that if won't be somewhat imbalance for the other class. I'm just guessing at this matter though.

Why should it depend on luck? ASAL and HOPs are GURANTEED hits.
Crack damage? Oh man, I hit a NON charged shot at valar for 900m lmao.

##13 - Posted on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:01 am
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2960
Points : 2144
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
Ohh I see. Because last time I played, being fd crack, my damage won't go that much. Maybe because the aurum sets are not yet in-game. So maybe damage will be out of the picture? But look at this, if you will hit like 900m per hit, it would be like a long range asal then? And if the hit rate will be increased to 1/3 or 1/4, then crack will do dominate the siege. What is crackshooter's current hit rate? I mean 1/6 or 1/9? 'Cause last time I played, the hit rate is around that values. And I don't know who is valar. I gather his a fd templar? Anyways, that's a rhetorical question.

##14 - Posted on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:53 pm
View user profile
avatar

Crackshooter

Jr. Member
Posts : 18
Points : 31
Likes Received : 0
Join date : 2014-07-04
Crackshooter
  
Shai wrote:Ohh I see. Because last time I played, being fd crack, my damage won't go that much. Maybe because the aurum sets are not yet in-game. So maybe damage will be out of the picture? But look at this, if you will hit like 900m per hit, it would be like a long range asal then? And if the hit rate will be increased to 1/3 or 1/4, then crack will do dominate the siege. What is crackshooter's current hit rate? I mean 1/6 or 1/9? 'Cause last time I played, the hit rate is around that values. And I don't know who is valar. I gather his a fd templar? Anyways, that's a rhetorical question.

The hit was in siege is just flat out shit. Players run so fast you may only get 1 or 2 arrows off, now with the current hit rate you cant get any kills. Bt the time you shoot those 1 or two arrows, BOOM you have been TAB killed.

##15 - Posted on Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:57 pm
View user profile
avatar

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Posts : 1445
Points : 1871
Likes Received : 35
Join date : 2014-01-22
LEgionDark
  
Shai wrote:Ohh I see. Because last time I played, being fd crack, my damage won't go that much. Maybe because the aurum sets are not yet in-game. So maybe damage will be out of the picture? But look at this, if you will hit like 900m per hit, it would be like a long range asal then? And if the hit rate will be increased to 1/3 or 1/4, then crack will do dominate the siege. What is crackshooter's current hit rate? I mean 1/6 or 1/9? 'Cause last time I played, the hit rate is around that values. And I don't know who is valar. I gather his a fd templar? Anyways, that's a rhetorical question.

Valar is a GM. Let's, Get back to this subject. There could be an idea of correcting this problem out, by making a new Aurum Armor set. The key to this idea, lies within the concept of the Level 105 Armor Sets, which during the old days of Flyff. For an example: Knight's Knighert and Knight's Exto armor pieces.

##16 - Posted on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:35 am
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2960
Points : 2144
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
Crackshooter wrote:
Shai wrote:Ohh I see. Because last time I played, being fd crack, my damage won't go that much. Maybe because the aurum sets are not yet in-game. So maybe damage will be out of the picture? But look at this, if you will hit like 900m per hit, it would be like a long range asal then? And if the hit rate will be increased to 1/3 or 1/4, then crack will do dominate the siege. What is crackshooter's current hit rate? I mean 1/6 or 1/9? 'Cause last time I played, the hit rate is around that values. And I don't know who is valar. I gather his a fd templar? Anyways, that's a rhetorical question.

The hit was in siege is just flat out shit. Players run so fast you may only get 1 or 2 arrows off, now with the current hit rate you cant get any kills. Bt the time you shoot those 1 or two arrows, BOOM you have been TAB killed.

Well it always has been ever since before the CC Cap was introduced, and even now that it is implemented. I see then, how about 1/5 or 1/6? I mean cracks still have dark illusion for great escape. Anyways, this tread seems irrelevant since we do not receive any form of reply from Mazey or Grey. But nonetheless, I just hope they are reading this and keeping in mind some good ideas that players shares. Including you, being a fd crack and stuff.

LEgionDark wrote:
Shai wrote:Ohh I see. Because last time I played, being fd crack, my damage won't go that much. Maybe because the aurum sets are not yet in-game. So maybe damage will be out of the picture? But look at this, if you will hit like 900m per hit, it would be like a long range asal then? And if the hit rate will be increased to 1/3 or 1/4, then crack will do dominate the siege. What is crackshooter's current hit rate? I mean 1/6 or 1/9? 'Cause last time I played, the hit rate is around that values. And I don't know who is valar. I gather his a fd templar? Anyways, that's a rhetorical question.

Valar is a GM. Let's, Get back to this subject. There could be an idea of correcting this problem out, by making a new Aurum Armor set.  The key to this idea, lies within the concept of the Level 105 Armor Sets, which during the old days of Flyff. For an example: Knight's Knighert and Knight's Exto armor pieces.

I see. I apologize for not knowing him/her. So you mean that make another aurum for crackshooters with the same effects as the Knighert or Exto armor set? Or do you mean aurum's effect + the knighert/exto's effect?

##17 - Posted on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:51 pm
View user profile

Sponsored content

Sponsored content
  


##18 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum