You are not connected. Please login or register

Mazey Flyff » General » General Discussion » asasIn your opinion (Knights)

In your opinion (Knights)

Josie

Josie

For the past little while now I've been thinking of making a Knight. After doing some research I've put a personal answer to the Sword Vs. Axe debate I've seen over 100's of servers. Personally I like an Axe on a Knight solely based off aesthetic reasons but perhaps a sword is better, if you can convince me of course! I want to know what you guys (and girls) like better? Maybe you like a sturdy sword better for PvP? Let me know! I'm still having trouble picking one! They're both so great :3

- Josie

##1 - Posted on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:47 am
View user profile

jo

jo

sword for faster skill

##2 - Posted on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:53 am
View user profile

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs

in this server a 2-H axe Templar can use Sky Splitter and Maelstrom Strike whilst a 2-H sword Templar can only use Sky Splitter. This is one reason to pick an axe

##3 - Posted on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:13 pm
View user profile

Josie

Josie

@Dinosaurs wrote:in this server a 2-H axe Templar can use Sky Splitter  and Maelstrom Strike whilst a 2-H sword Templar can only use Sky Splitter. This is one reason to pick an axe

This is actually a great point! Thanks for sharing Smile

##4 - Posted on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:29 pm
View user profile

jo

jo

i think no one or only few uses maelstorm strike in siege. sword can do faster skill. well its up to your amount of str if you want a decent damage. i have an fd 2h sword sopa str 77m damage sky splitter damage.

##5 - Posted on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:32 pm
View user profile

BeardedSatan

Contributor
BeardedSatan

Hi, Hello. Since this is a discussion, let me try to help too.

I pvp/siege with swords. If you plan on sieging, I suggest you get 2. One for str and one for sta. (I suggest the legion 2h sword for the sta one.)

Let me state the pros and cons in using a sword or an axe. This is based solely on my experience and opinion so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sword ~
Pros:
- the use of the sky splitter skill
- speed is slow
- lot's of cool models (you could take this out of the equation)
Cons:
- you need to click on the enemy to cast the sky splitter skill

Axe ~
Pros:
- the use of the power stomp skill, sky splitter skill and the maelstrom strike skill
- the mercenary buff, smite axe, increases the defense. (Just a tiny bit though)
- one does not need to click on an enemy to cast the maelstrom strike skill.
Cons:
- speed is super slow
- When casting the maelstrom strike skill, the templar loses mobility. It might get caught in a cross-fire. That's not entirely a bad thing though, but it's risky.
- Same goes for the power stomp skill.

So it all boils down to your playstyle really. I prefer using swords. Plus, in my honest opinion, the cast time between the maelstrom strike and the sky splitter is quite of the same speed. I could be wrong though. Feel free to correct me.

##6 - Posted on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:23 am
View user profile

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

Alright, here are my thoughts Smile The skill cast time shouldn't determine wether you choose sword or axe, because from my experience the differences are so small that I could barely notice them at all. Also, Maelstrom Strike is less effective than Sky Splitter, and especially Shield Bash, I think it's called. I find the AoE skill less effective because you will barely kill anyone in one single hit, at least if you don't sacrifise your hp into damage.

You might wonder about why I just mentioned Shield Bash. It's because I used to deal the exact same damage with Sky Splitter as this Shield skill. In addition, there is a very sexy stun chance that will be useful in siege, and at least in PvP in general.

The only reason why I personally chose sword is because they have awesome models Very Happy

##7 - Posted on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:00 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
If 0/1 equals to 0, then what is 1/0?
View user profile

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs

@JackSparrowYAY wrote:Alright, here are my thoughts Smile The skill cast time shouldn't determine wether you choose sword or axe, because from my experience the differences are so small that I could barely notice them at all. Also, Maelstrom Strike is less effective than Sky Splitter, and especially Shield Bash, I think it's called. I find the AoE skill less effective because you will barely kill anyone in one single hit, at least if you don't sacrifise your hp into damage.

You might wonder about why I just mentioned Shield Bash. It's because I used to deal the exact same damage with Sky Splitter as this Shield skill. In addition, there is a very sexy stun chance that will be useful in siege, and at least in PvP in general.

The only reason why I personally chose sword is because they have awesome models Very Happy

hate to break it but Sky Splitter's and Shield Bash's damage isnt the same

*proof*
http://flyff-wiki.webzen.com/wiki/Shield_Bash
http://flyff-wiki.webzen.com/wiki/Sky_Splitter

Last edited by Dinosaurs on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inserted sky splitter link)

##8 - Posted on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:26 am
View user profile

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

Oh right. Thanks for this info Dinosaurs. At least when I did a damage test of these two skills, the damages were the same, or very very similar with such a small difference that I didn't notice.

##9 - Posted on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:04 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
If 0/1 equals to 0, then what is 1/0?
View user profile

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs

@JackSparrowYAY wrote:Oh right. Thanks for this info Dinosaurs. At least when I did a damage test of these two skills, the damages were the same, or very very similar with such a small difference that I didn't notice.
I'm glad I can be of any help, I'm very happy that you're not butthured when being corrected. We can be friends and I'll add you after work

##10 - Posted on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:06 am
View user profile

jo

jo

shield bash damage is 10-15m lower than sky splitter damage

##11 - Posted on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:54 pm
View user profile

Pavilion

Pavilion

i have a templar with an axe and i mostly use it to tank and sometimes help friends with the maelstorm strike to aoe for them i get around 25m dmg with it (not fully upgraded)
and he looks awesome :p http://prntscr.com/5flgnf

##12 - Posted on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:22 am
View user profile

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

Axe is for Tanking and Swords are for 1v1 battle....

##13 - Posted on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:20 am
View user profile

Amnesty

Game Master
Game Master
Amnesty

Maelstrom Strike should be castable with a sword in an upcoming patch.

##14 - Posted on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:30 am

View user profile

Pavilion

Pavilion

@Amnesty wrote:Maelstrom Strike should be castable with a sword in an upcoming patch.
AWE-SOME

##15 - Posted on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:13 pm
View user profile

Josie

Josie

@Amnesty wrote:Maelstrom Strike should be castable with a sword in an upcoming patch.

Thank god I kept my sword XD

##16 - Posted on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:10 pm
View user profile

Sponsored content

Sponsored content

##17 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum