You are not connected. Please login or register

Mazey Flyff » General » General Discussion » asasNew Website Design

New Website Design

Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

avatar

Daily

Head Admin¦Community Manager
Head Admin¦Community Manager
Posts : 1551
Points : 10233
Likes Received : 156
Join date : 2013-11-09
Bulbasaur  Charmander  Eevee  Pikachu  Snorlax  Squirtle  Vulpix 
Daily
  
Hi all!

So as you may have noticed, the website design has changed.

I thought it was about time we change it a bit, and make it a little more simple, however also wanted player input whether I should.

I have collected a few feedbacks from staff as well as from players in regards to the current website, and majority of you has mentioned that either you dislike the website and/or would like to see a new change on it.
Majority of you also mentioned that there is a little too much going on.

So if you wonder why I was asking whether you like the website or not - it was either because I was planning on re-doing it, or already was in a middle of it!

With this in mind, I have gone off and re-designed the website - which was a bit time consuming but hope it was worth it and you all enjoy it!

Click on the spoilers below to see the Old Design, along with the New one.

Old Wesbite Design:

New Wesbite Design:

Please do leave feedback, whether you like it, dislike it and why.
All comments, ideas, suggestions and opinions are more than welcomed as they help me get a brief idea what players would like to see on the website next time!

If there is anything you think should be changed, or think could be tweaked - please let me know, either by replying to this post or via PM on Forums / In Game.

Hope you all like it!

Daily.

##1 - Posted on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:26 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


♪♫ Yeah I’m young, 21, living in a crazy world
But I know the difference between a man and a herb ♪♫
View user profile http://www.mazeyflyff.com/
avatar

Graphene

Member
Posts : 101
Points : 130
Likes Received : 5
Join date : 2015-01-04
Graphene
  
i like the old one^^

##2 - Posted on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:37 pm
View user profile
avatar

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts : 1595
Points : 1261
Likes Received : 120
Join date : 2014-11-07
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY
  
There should be a background, like in the old website :O

##3 - Posted on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:48 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
If 0/1 equals to 0, then what is 1/0?
View user profile
avatar

iMarimar

Member
Posts : 92
Points : 174
Likes Received : 39
Join date : 2015-01-11
iMarimar
  
Hahahhahahahhahahhaa. Silly you Graphene. You surely have no eyes Wink

The new site is a million times better than the old one. It is now simpler, lighter and colorful. Great work! Wink

##4 - Posted on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:51 pm
View user profile
avatar

Daily

Head Admin¦Community Manager
Head Admin¦Community Manager
Posts : 1551
Points : 10233
Likes Received : 156
Join date : 2013-11-09
Bulbasaur  Charmander  Eevee  Pikachu  Snorlax  Squirtle  Vulpix 
Daily
  
@JackSparrowYAY wrote:There should be a background, like in the old website :O

There was too much on the main website, it has been simplified.
The background is the black/blue gradient as it makes it look less busy.
If we were to add a background, it would look exactly like old one, and it's not something we're going for.
However, thank you for the feedback.

@iMarimar wrote:Hahahhahahahhahahhaa. Silly you Graphene. You surely have no eyes Wink

The new site is a million times better than the old one. It is now simpler, lighter and colorful. Great work! Wink

Glad you like it!

##5 - Posted on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:52 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


♪♫ Yeah I’m young, 21, living in a crazy world
But I know the difference between a man and a herb ♪♫
View user profile http://www.mazeyflyff.com/
avatar

Rial

Contributor
Posts : 743
Points : 352
Likes Received : 84
Join date : 2014-07-01
Rial
  
Love it!

##6 - Posted on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:54 pm
View user profile
avatar

WeedLove

Sr. Member
Posts : 294
Points : 334
Likes Received : 18
Join date : 2014-05-16
WeedLove
  
Why does the new website design resembles granny's doily? ridicule

Still a great work tho.


##7 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:15 am
View user profile
avatar

glitter

Newbie
Posts : 3
Points : 4
Likes Received : 1
Join date : 2015-02-15
glitter
  
Since this thread is open for feedback, I'll leave some of my opinions on few things related to the new site. Some of the things you might consider are as follows:

Consistency
Logo Color. It serves as an identity to the server. It may change in time but with a great meaning and reason. The theme of the server was obviously, lightblue, from forum to ingame and the logo turned out to be green -from red and blue- that seem to get out of place.
Spoiler:



Various Font. It's pretty awesome but using more than 3 fonts in a site is making it over complicating and seem like a decoration - learned it from my internet subject.
Spoiler:

Background. Nothing wrong with it but it's sorta pixelated or blurred. Low image quality and looks like it was stretched. Use a larger image that fits on the entire size of the browser to make it look smooth.
Spoiler:

Border Background. It is very light and is mixing the color of text on it. Staring at it for a couple of minutes can be very tiring to eyes. Making it darker will make it more fine.
Spoiler:

Over-all Color
Choosing colors for the site creates significant meaning on its product, information, company or whatsoever the purpose of having it. Use of appropriate color combination and element can be very tricky and important because it reflects professionalism or lack of the server. Remember the first thing that comes on player's mind is to visit the site and first impression matters. Web designers don't put random colors and details on the site because they like it, every detail signifies a meaning based on the product, personality or organization the site is promoting.

Embedding wrong details. The website is promoting a game. Adding image elements that are not necessary creates a different meaning to what you are promoting. Vein bushes, images, design often used in flower shop websites.
Spoiler:

Other unnecessary images

Like a pendant or something. Surely not a part of the logo.

Because you promote simplicity, the site no longer needs these images. Rather use a simple ones.

Golden border is not a good color combination for blue or dark backgrounds. Gold colored border/theme often used in jewelry websites.
Spoiler:

Font Color might look garish to some. If a viewer have normal color vision, you can still read the text but some who have color blindness or vision problems may experience struggle reading light text on light background. Example: Can you read this? Because I strongly can't.
Spoiler:

The old site has its unnecessary meaning too, like aquatic theme, the fortune ball behind the logo and the metal element. lewl.

Website design is very important as it will create a great impact to its audience. The interface and design must be USER-FRIENDLY if you are aiming for their interest in joining the server. Every elements on the website should create a meaning that is related to your business.

Other than that, you did a great job.
Thanks for reading my comment.

##8 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:44 am
View user profile
avatar

Daily

Head Admin¦Community Manager
Head Admin¦Community Manager
Posts : 1551
Points : 10233
Likes Received : 156
Join date : 2013-11-09
Bulbasaur  Charmander  Eevee  Pikachu  Snorlax  Squirtle  Vulpix 
Daily
  
@Rial wrote:Love it!

Glad you like it

@WeedLove wrote: Why does the new website design resembles granny's doily? ridicule

Still a great work tho.

/wat

@glitter wrote:
Since this thread is open for feedback, I'll leave some of my opinions on few things related to the new site. Some of the things you might consider are as follows:

Consistency
Logo Color. It serves as an identity to the server. It may change in time but with a great meaning and reason. The theme of the server was obviously, lightblue, from forum to ingame and the logo turned out to be green -from red and blue- that seem to get out of place.
Spoiler:



Various Font. It's pretty awesome but using more than 3 fonts in a site is making it over complicating and seem like a decoration - learned it from my internet subject.
Spoiler:

Background. Nothing wrong with it but it's sorta pixelated or blurred. Low image quality and looks like it was stretched. Use a larger image that fits on the entire size of the browser to make it look smooth.
Spoiler:

Border Background. It is very light and is mixing the color of text on it. Staring at it for a couple of minutes can be very tiring to eyes. Making it darker will make it more fine.
Spoiler:

Over-all Color
Choosing colors for the site creates significant meaning on its product, information, company or whatsoever the purpose of having it. Use of appropriate color combination and element can be very tricky and important because it reflects professionalism or lack of the server. Remember the first thing that comes on player's mind is to visit the site and first impression matters. Web designers don't put random colors and details on the site because they like it, every detail signifies a meaning based on the product, personality or organization the site is promoting.

Embedding wrong details. The website is promoting a game. Adding image elements that are not necessary creates a different meaning to what you are promoting. Vein bushes, images, design often used in flower shop websites.
Spoiler:

Other unnecessary images

Like a pendant or something. Surely not a part of the logo.

Because you promote simplicity, the site no longer needs these images. Rather use a simple ones.

Golden border is not a good color combination for blue or dark backgrounds. Gold colored border/theme often used in jewelry websites.
Spoiler:

Font Color might look garish to some. If a viewer have normal color vision, you can still read the text but some who have color blindness or vision problems may experience struggle reading light text on light background. Example: Can you read this? Because I strongly can't.
Spoiler:

The old site has its unnecessary meaning too, like aquatic theme, the fortune ball behind the logo and the metal element. lewl.

Website design is very important as it will create a great impact to its audience. The interface and design must be USER-FRIENDLY if you are aiming for their interest in joining the server. Every elements on the website should create a meaning that is related to your business.

Other than that, you did a great job.
Thanks for reading my comment.

1. Logo colour will be applied on forums as well.
2. Various Fonts - Can I remind you - it's a game not a show .-. I kept the old fonts as they actually made things stand out, i.e. sections within the website.
3. Background is meant to be like it, it is not pixelated whatsoever.
4. Border Background - kept the colour with the rest of the gold borders. if I was to make it darker, in fact it would turn out more eye catchy than you think - trust me I tested different variations.
5. Overall colour - not quite understanding the point? They're not random bits put together, in fact the old website was 'random bits thrown on one page'.
6. Wrong details - They're not wrong details at all? The other parts were not meant to be a part of logo - without those ''little wrong bits'' as you say - it looked more empty. They have been added to fill out partially the blank space and to be eye-catchy.
7. Golden Border - The border itself is meant to stand out. If I do just black and blue, the website will more than blank and boring. Golden colours added more eye-catchy touch to the website.
8. Font Colour - It will be changed, as I am aware of it being blending with the backgrounds.

##9 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:15 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


♪♫ Yeah I’m young, 21, living in a crazy world
But I know the difference between a man and a herb ♪♫
View user profile http://www.mazeyflyff.com/
avatar

BeardedSatan

Contributor
Posts : 816
Points : 917
Likes Received : 27
Join date : 2014-06-17
BeardedSatan
  
Looks great.

##10 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:26 am
View user profile
avatar

BananaMan

Jr. Member
Posts : 32
Points : 36
Likes Received : 2
Join date : 2015-04-07
BananaMan
  
@Daily wrote:
@glitter wrote:
Since this thread is open for feedback, I'll leave some of my opinions on few things related to the new site. Some of the things you might consider are as follows:

Consistency
Logo Color. It serves as an identity to the server. It may change in time but with a great meaning and reason. The theme of the server was obviously, lightblue, from forum to ingame and the logo turned out to be green -from red and blue- that seem to get out of place.
Spoiler:



Various Font. It's pretty awesome but using more than 3 fonts in a site is making it over complicating and seem like a decoration - learned it from my internet subject.
Spoiler:

Background. Nothing wrong with it but it's sorta pixelated or blurred. Low image quality and looks like it was stretched. Use a larger image that fits on the entire size of the browser to make it look smooth.
Spoiler:

Border Background. It is very light and is mixing the color of text on it. Staring at it for a couple of minutes can be very tiring to eyes. Making it darker will make it more fine.
Spoiler:

Over-all Color
Choosing colors for the site creates significant meaning on its product, information, company or whatsoever the purpose of having it. Use of appropriate color combination and element can be very tricky and important because it reflects professionalism or lack of the server. Remember the first thing that comes on player's mind is to visit the site and first impression matters. Web designers don't put random colors and details on the site because they like it, every detail signifies a meaning based on the product, personality or organization the site is promoting.

Embedding wrong details. The website is promoting a game. Adding image elements that are not necessary creates a different meaning to what you are promoting. Vein bushes, images, design often used in flower shop websites.
Spoiler:

Other unnecessary images

Like a pendant or something. Surely not a part of the logo.

Because you promote simplicity, the site no longer needs these images. Rather use a simple ones.

Golden border is not a good color combination for blue or dark backgrounds. Gold colored border/theme often used in jewelry websites.
Spoiler:

Font Color might look garish to some. If a viewer have normal color vision, you can still read the text but some who have color blindness or vision problems may experience struggle reading light text on light background. Example: Can you read this? Because I strongly can't.
Spoiler:

The old site has its unnecessary meaning too, like aquatic theme, the fortune ball behind the logo and the metal element. lewl.

Website design is very important as it will create a great impact to its audience. The interface and design must be USER-FRIENDLY if you are aiming for their interest in joining the server. Every elements on the website should create a meaning that is related to your business.

Other than that, you did a great job.
Thanks for reading my comment.

1. Logo colour will be applied on forums as well.
2. Various Fonts - Can I remind you - it's a game not a show .-. I kept the old fonts as they actually made things stand out, i.e. sections within the website.
3. Background is meant to be like it, it is not pixelated whatsoever.
4. Border Background - kept the colour with the rest of the gold borders. if I was to make it darker, in fact it would turn out more eye catchy than you think - trust me I tested different variations.
5. Overall colour - not quite understanding the point? They're not random bits put together, in fact the old website was 'random bits thrown on one page'.
6. Wrong details - They're not wrong details at all? The other parts were not meant to be a part of logo - without those ''little wrong bits'' as you say - it looked more empty. They have been added to fill out partially the blank space and to be eye-catchy.
7. Golden Border - The border itself is meant to stand out. If I do just black and blue, the website will more than blank and boring. Golden colours added more eye-catchy touch to the website.
8. Font Colour - It will be changed, as I am aware of it being blending with the backgrounds.

Glitter had some pretty legit comments.  Most of the other comments are very vague and useless in terms of constructive feedback. Here you have your first constructive criticism yet it seems you are being defensive in your reply. I'd give more importance to his comments as I agree that the site is a gaming website but there is nothing gaming-related in the template.

Also personally I prefer the old website as it had more going on in the background giving it some sort of a fantasy feel which is consistent with FlyFF; the new one on the other hand is very basic and boring in terms of graphics
It's a good first few steps towards something better.

##11 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:35 am
View user profile
avatar

glitter

Newbie
Posts : 3
Points : 4
Likes Received : 1
Join date : 2015-02-15
glitter
  
@Daily wrote:
If there is anything you think should be changed, or think could be tweaked - please let me know, either by replying to this post or via PM on Forums / In Game.

@Daily wrote:1. Logo colour will be applied on forums as well.
2. Various Fonts - Can I remind you - it's a game not a show .-. I kept the old fonts as they actually made things stand out, i.e. sections within the website.
3. Background is meant to be like it, it is not pixelated whatsoever.
4. Border Background - kept the colour with the rest of the gold borders. if I was to make it darker, in fact it would turn out more eye catchy than you think - trust me I tested different variations.
5. Overall colour - not quite understanding the point? They're not random bits put together, in fact the old website was 'random bits thrown on one page'.
6. Wrong details - They're not wrong details at all? The other parts were not meant to be a part of logo - without those ''little wrong bits'' as you say - it looked more empty. They have been added to fill out partially the blank space and to be eye-catchy.
7. Golden Border - The border itself is meant to stand out. If I do just black and blue, the website will more than blank and boring. Golden colours added more eye-catchy touch to the website.
8. Font Colour - It will be changed, as I am aware of it being blending with the backgrounds.
Those are my personal opinion. Just thought that this thread is open for critique and suggestions but turned out to be making an argument to someone else POINT OF VIEW. I think it's unprofessional for a staff showing hate and can't take constructive criticism to someone's personal opinion. I have implied most of my comments on what I have learned in my computer subject about effective and efficient web designing and human computer interface. Web designers and developers surely knew what I am talking about if they read those points.

@glitter wrote:
Website design is very important as it will create a great impact to its audience. The interface and design must be USER-FRIENDLY if you are aiming for their interest in joining the server. Every elements on the website should create a meaning that is related to your business


##12 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:59 am
View user profile
avatar

Daily

Head Admin¦Community Manager
Head Admin¦Community Manager
Posts : 1551
Points : 10233
Likes Received : 156
Join date : 2013-11-09
Bulbasaur  Charmander  Eevee  Pikachu  Snorlax  Squirtle  Vulpix 
Daily
  
@BeardedSatan wrote:Looks great.

Glad to hear

@BananaMan wrote:
@Daily wrote:
@glitter wrote:
Since this thread is open for feedback, I'll leave some of my opinions on few things related to the new site. Some of the things you might consider are as follows:

Consistency
Logo Color. It serves as an identity to the server. It may change in time but with a great meaning and reason. The theme of the server was obviously, lightblue, from forum to ingame and the logo turned out to be green -from red and blue- that seem to get out of place.
Spoiler:



Various Font. It's pretty awesome but using more than 3 fonts in a site is making it over complicating and seem like a decoration - learned it from my internet subject.
Spoiler:

Background. Nothing wrong with it but it's sorta pixelated or blurred. Low image quality and looks like it was stretched. Use a larger image that fits on the entire size of the browser to make it look smooth.
Spoiler:

Border Background. It is very light and is mixing the color of text on it. Staring at it for a couple of minutes can be very tiring to eyes. Making it darker will make it more fine.
Spoiler:

Over-all Color
Choosing colors for the site creates significant meaning on its product, information, company or whatsoever the purpose of having it. Use of appropriate color combination and element can be very tricky and important because it reflects professionalism or lack of the server. Remember the first thing that comes on player's mind is to visit the site and first impression matters. Web designers don't put random colors and details on the site because they like it, every detail signifies a meaning based on the product, personality or organization the site is promoting.

Embedding wrong details. The website is promoting a game. Adding image elements that are not necessary creates a different meaning to what you are promoting. Vein bushes, images, design often used in flower shop websites.
Spoiler:

Other unnecessary images

Like a pendant or something. Surely not a part of the logo.

Because you promote simplicity, the site no longer needs these images. Rather use a simple ones.

Golden border is not a good color combination for blue or dark backgrounds. Gold colored border/theme often used in jewelry websites.
Spoiler:

Font Color might look garish to some. If a viewer have normal color vision, you can still read the text but some who have color blindness or vision problems may experience struggle reading light text on light background. Example: Can you read this? Because I strongly can't.
Spoiler:

The old site has its unnecessary meaning too, like aquatic theme, the fortune ball behind the logo and the metal element. lewl.

Website design is very important as it will create a great impact to its audience. The interface and design must be USER-FRIENDLY if you are aiming for their interest in joining the server. Every elements on the website should create a meaning that is related to your business.

Other than that, you did a great job.
Thanks for reading my comment.

1. Logo colour will be applied on forums as well.
2. Various Fonts - Can I remind you - it's a game not a show .-. I kept the old fonts as they actually made things stand out, i.e. sections within the website.
3. Background is meant to be like it, it is not pixelated whatsoever.
4. Border Background - kept the colour with the rest of the gold borders. if I was to make it darker, in fact it would turn out more eye catchy than you think - trust me I tested different variations.
5. Overall colour - not quite understanding the point? They're not random bits put together, in fact the old website was 'random bits thrown on one page'.
6. Wrong details - They're not wrong details at all? The other parts were not meant to be a part of logo - without those ''little wrong bits'' as you say - it looked more empty. They have been added to fill out partially the blank space and to be eye-catchy.
7. Golden Border - The border itself is meant to stand out. If I do just black and blue, the website will more than blank and boring. Golden colours added more eye-catchy touch to the website.
8. Font Colour - It will be changed, as I am aware of it being blending with the backgrounds.

Glitter had some pretty legit comments.  Most of the other comments are very vague and useless in terms of constructive feedback. Here you have your first constructive criticism yet it seems you are being defensive in your reply. I'd give more importance to his comments as I agree that the site is a gaming website but there is nothing gaming-related in the template.

Also personally I prefer the old website as it had more going on in the background giving it some sort of a fantasy feel which is consistent with FlyFF; the new one on the other hand is very basic and boring in terms of graphics
It's a good first few steps towards something better.

Not being a defensive, giving my reply back as to why things are the way they are o-O. Also the background had nothing to do with the game. Now it's plain and simple. I did say all feedback is welcomed, as it helps me to improve the current website for the next time.
However if its just saying this is bad this is bad, rather than saying HOW TO improve, it's rather difficult to mind read.

@glitter wrote:
@Daily wrote:
If there is anything you think should be changed, or think could be tweaked - please let me know, either by replying to this post or via PM on Forums / In Game.

@Daily wrote:1. Logo colour will be applied on forums as well.
2. Various Fonts - Can I remind you - it's a game not a show .-. I kept the old fonts as they actually made things stand out, i.e. sections within the website.
3. Background is meant to be like it, it is not pixelated whatsoever.
4. Border Background - kept the colour with the rest of the gold borders. if I was to make it darker, in fact it would turn out more eye catchy than you think - trust me I tested different variations.
5. Overall colour - not quite understanding the point? They're not random bits put together, in fact the old website was 'random bits thrown on one page'.
6. Wrong details - They're not wrong details at all? The other parts were not meant to be a part of logo - without those ''little wrong bits'' as you say - it looked more empty. They have been added to fill out partially the blank space and to be eye-catchy.
7. Golden Border - The border itself is meant to stand out. If I do just black and blue, the website will more than blank and boring. Golden colours added more eye-catchy touch to the website.
8. Font Colour - It will be changed, as I am aware of it being blending with the backgrounds.
Those are my personal opinion. Just thought that this thread is open for critique and suggestions but turned out to be making an argument to someone else POINT OF VIEW. I think it's inappropriate for a staff showing hate and can't take constructive criticism to someone's personal opinion. someone else' personal opinion. I have implied most of my comments on what I have learned in my computer subject about effective and efficient web designing and  human computer interface. Web designers and developers surely knew what I am talking about if they read those points.

@glitter wrote:
Website design is very important as it will create a great impact to its audience. The interface and design must be USER-FRIENDLY if you are aiming for their interest in joining the server. Every elements on the website should create a meaning that is related to your business

It is not a hate, as I mentioned above, it is a definition as to why things are the way they are.
Ideas on how to improve also would be helpful to up your point.
Also, I used to take up IT and Design, Media and other subjects. So I am aware of all of those.
If you can provide ideas on how to change the faults - I am more than willing to try and tweak website.
However just saying that something is wrong, doesn't help as I am not 100% sure what you mean as to how it should be improved?

##13 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:15 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


♪♫ Yeah I’m young, 21, living in a crazy world
But I know the difference between a man and a herb ♪♫
View user profile http://www.mazeyflyff.com/
avatar

XXXPAINXXX

Jr. Member
Posts : 28
Points : 34
Likes Received : 2
Join date : 2014-09-06
XXXPAINXXX
  
love it idol

##14 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:41 am
View user profile
avatar
Posts : 199
Points : 284
Likes Received : 15
Join date : 2014-08-08
marton4o992
  
We were crying , no update , no new stuff , now thats what we were waiting for something new , gratz Very Happy I dont know but it seems really good with some exceptions.
-no backround
-the logo of Mazey is messed up ( its kinda not looking good, green on all gold site)
I hope you will emphasis on that two basic textures :/

##15 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:13 am
View user profile
avatar

glitter

Newbie
Posts : 3
Points : 4
Likes Received : 1
Join date : 2015-02-15
glitter
  
My points along with the ideas of improving them were obvious and some of them were mentioned if you read them. I'll make it short, simple and precise.

Logo. Should be consistent with the theme. Meaning use a steady logo that suits to the over-all theme of the game.

Font. Consistency and uniformality of fonts. 3 is fine. 4 is over. Use a maximum 3 different kinds of font faces, maximizing the use of it may look fancy.

Background. Make use of a HD background that fits to the web browser. Current background image was 1000x1000 pixels while basic web dimention is 1440x900 pixels so the image was technically stretched.

Border Background. Very light while the background is dark. Make it darker. Brightness should blend to the contrast.

Over-all color. Under this one, I'm only explaining the importance of color combination and every meaning of the elements that is being put in the site.

Embedding wrong details. Should EXCLUdE any unneeded details especially if it wasn't related to the game. You indicated that you promote simplicity yet you used many unnecessary elements.

An example of simple gaming website without using too much design elements. Simple and clean.
Spoiler:
I took it for a sample not intended to promote or anything. Credits to site owner.

Golden border. Color doesn't blend on the background. Might change it to something else. Searching on color combination guidelines will help you choose colors that suits to one another.

Font color. Dark font is used in light background and vice versa. Use a dark font if a background is light.

I think that's all. TY

##16 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:16 am
View user profile
avatar

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts : 1595
Points : 1261
Likes Received : 120
Join date : 2014-11-07
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY
  
glitter does have some really legit comments which should be considered. For instance having green game logo isn't really something I'm happy for.

This guy above me has gotten some website designing skills far beyond my skills, but there is one thing that I disagree on, which is:


@glitter wrote:Embedding wrong details. Should EXCLUdE any unneeded details especially if it wasn't related to the game. You indicated that you promote simplicity yet you used many unnecessary elements.


Even though one wants a really simple website for a game, it does not mean that one should exclude ALL AND EVERY unnecessary detail. Personally, I find the new website to be really boring, and as mentioned somewhere in this topic the first impression of a game's website is important. Reason why I suggested a background is to beef up and impress potentially new players, but just as long as it does not appear as busy for existing players.

Just an example below- taken from another game whose name will not be mentioned:



Or this one. This is from the official flyff server. Just an example. My point is to avoid using non-attractive, but yet not busy or disturbing backgrounds.


Source: http://noypi-dev.blogspot.no/p/flyff.html
Just... as long as it's not that monotone background, if you know what I mean xD

Another thing I'd like to point out is just a small, but still an important detail which I find a bit wierd.



In my opinion, the corners of "frame" could have been a bit "rounder" and not that "corny" x)

And...



The buttons "About", "Chat", "Forum" and "Shop" could have been expanded so they filled the bar, leaving less empty spots for nothing.

All in all, I like the old website design better, because it in my view seems to be more professionally made. I find the current design simply too simple.

Other than that, I just have to say: "Good job, and keep up the good work! Smile"


##17 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:21 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
If 0/1 equals to 0, then what is 1/0?
View user profile
avatar

Daily

Head Admin¦Community Manager
Head Admin¦Community Manager
Posts : 1551
Points : 10233
Likes Received : 156
Join date : 2013-11-09
Bulbasaur  Charmander  Eevee  Pikachu  Snorlax  Squirtle  Vulpix 
Daily
  
@glitter wrote:My points along with the ideas of improving them were obvious and some of them were mentioned if you read them. I'll make it short, simple and precise.

Logo. Should be consistent with the theme. Meaning use a steady logo that suits to the over-all theme of the game.

Font. Consistency and uniformality of fonts. 3 is fine. 4 is over. Use a maximum 3 different kinds of font faces, maximizing the use of it may look fancy.

Background. Make use of a HD background that fits to the web browser. Current background image was 1000x1000 pixels while basic web dimention is 1440x900 pixels so the image was technically stretched.

Border Background. Very light while the background is dark. Make it darker. Brightness should blend to the contrast.

Over-all color. Under this one, I'm only explaining the importance of color combination and every meaning of the elements that is being put in the site.

Embedding wrong details. Should EXCLUdE any unneeded details especially if it wasn't related to the game. You indicated that you promote simplicity yet you used many unnecessary elements.

An example of simple gaming website without using too much design elements. Simple and clean.
Spoiler:
I took it for a sample not intended to promote or anything. Credits to site owner.

Golden border. Color doesn't blend on the background. Might change it to something else. Searching on color combination guidelines will help you choose colors that suits to one another.

Font color. Dark font is used in light background and vice versa. Use a dark font if a background is light.

I think that's all. TY

@JackSparrowYAY wrote:glitter does have some really legit comments which should be considered. For instance having green game logo isn't really something I'm happy for.

This guy above me has gotten some website designing skills far beyond my skills, but there is one thing that I disagree on, which is:


@glitter wrote:Embedding wrong details. Should EXCLUdE any unneeded details especially if it wasn't related to the game. You indicated that you promote simplicity yet you used many unnecessary elements.


Even though one wants a really simple website for a game, it does not mean that one should exclude ALL AND EVERY unnecessary detail. Personally, I find the new website to be really boring, and as mentioned somewhere in this topic the first impression of a game's website is important. Reason why I suggested a background is to beef up and impress potentially new players, but just as long as it does not appear as busy for existing players.

Just an example below- taken from another game whose name will not be mentioned:



Or this one. This is from the official flyff server. Just an example. My point is to avoid using non-attractive, but yet not busy or disturbing backgrounds.


Source: http://noypi-dev.blogspot.no/p/flyff.html
Just... as long as it's not that monotone background, if you know what I mean xD

Another thing I'd like to point out is just a small, but still an important detail which I find a bit wierd.



In my opinion, the corners of "frame" could have been a bit "rounder" and not that "corny" x)

And...



The buttons "About", "Chat", "Forum" and "Shop" could have been expanded so they filled the bar, leaving less empty spots for nothing.

All in all, I like the old website design better, because it in my view seems to be more professionally made. I find the current design simply too simple.

Other than that, I just have to say: "Good job, and keep up the good work! Smile"

Will take both of those feedbacks definitely into consideration - thank you.
I will start something tomorrow, as today I'm far too busy.

##18 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:38 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


♪♫ Yeah I’m young, 21, living in a crazy world
But I know the difference between a man and a herb ♪♫
View user profile http://www.mazeyflyff.com/
avatar

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Posts : 1445
Points : 1871
Likes Received : 35
Join date : 2014-01-22
LEgionDark
  
Daily is right... The old website were too much blind in into one another. The new website is much better, since it doesn't have the words blinding into the background like the old website has been doing. The new designs would have to point out the important links... Item mall, reg., and download.

##19 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:23 am
View user profile
avatar

Cloaca

Sr. Member
Posts : 301
Points : 431
Likes Received : 49
Join date : 2014-02-16
Cloaca
  
Yay new stuff. Although it is kind of simplistic, I still think it looks a lot more professional than the older website.
My derpy add-on....PURPLEEEEEEEEE pls. Just anywhere ;-;.
ridicule
Good work id0l Aleks

##20 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:18 am
View user profile
avatar

Aaron

Ex-GM
Posts : 156
Points : 291
Likes Received : 10
Join date : 2013-07-24
Aaron
  
I personally feel like having no background gives the site a simplistic, yet elegant air. Well done.

##21 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:05 am
View user profile
avatar

KID12345

Jr. Member
Posts : 18
Points : 39
Likes Received : 3
Join date : 2014-11-09
KID12345
  
Maybe it is better if you add FIREY color to make it awesome! haha

##22 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:11 pm
View user profile
avatar

witsugar

Member
Posts : 112
Points : 164
Likes Received : 0
Join date : 2015-04-01
witsugar
  
It's so Chinese Temple-ish design xD
Is there any Chinese event happening now?

looks great! xD

##23 - Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:34 pm
View user profile
avatar

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts : 1595
Points : 1261
Likes Received : 120
Join date : 2014-11-07
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY
  

##24 - Posted on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:59 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
If 0/1 equals to 0, then what is 1/0?
View user profile

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Sponsored content
  


##26 - Posted

Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum