You are not connected. Please login or register

Mazey Flyff » General » General Discussion » asasBring the server back to life

Bring the server back to life

Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

avatar

Cloaca

Sr. Member
Posts : 301
Points : 431
Likes Received : 49
Join date : 2014-02-16
Cloaca
  
"Oh great another one of THESE threads."
Yes, of course I'm making another thread about this topic, since any and every other topic made about this gets ignored or left in the dust.
I'm sure there isn't a single soul who has been here for months that hasn't noticed how badly Mazey has declined in numbers since the most previous wipe.
Simply put, we need something or someone to bring this place back to life, mostly, for the sake of keeping people here on the server. Let's face it, once you are done getting your gear (which doesn't take that long to do on here) there's nothing else left to interest you besides the constant sieging, and even that gets old. Most if not ALL the people I have come to make friends with on here over the years have quit or are inactive.
There's nothing keeping us here anymore. There are no new updates to keep us busy or amused. The fact updates get released so slowly means we need more devs or, perhaps, someone who's actually willing to hire devs to help out around the server and not take months to implement new updates. Keeping a server alive and updated is not a one man job, and needs a team to do so.
The point is, I'm tired of nothing being done to keep this place fun to play for the people that play and support this server. I'm tired of becoming one of those dreaded players that actually starts to believe that the sole purpose of the server is to keep money in someones pocket. Don't get me wrong, Mazey is my all-time favorite flyff server and I refuse to quit it, but this place has really been run into the ground.
I didn't make this thread to start an argument with anyone or to get opinions on it, really. The purpose in this suggestion is to possibly bring to light a major problem this server has been dealing with for months.


##1 - Posted on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:58 pm
View user profile
avatar
Posts : 3
Points : 5
Likes Received : 2
Join date : 2015-08-23
TheRealist
  
Of course you're right but let's face it this server is on its way to the ground anyways. Throughout the time I've been here there's nothing but ignorant and people that just don't listen on this server. It's the same thing everytime on the server. People want change but if they don't act now then once there's only a few people left then they are going to try and do something but it's gonna be too late once they do. Flyffs days are basically over but this server has potential I know it does. You lvl up, farm, get your gear. Then what? Servers are moving forward and mazey is basically staying in one spot. They are fine with how comfortable they are and that's just wrong. But if they don't want to do anything just let it be at the end of the day it's going to be the ones that were in charge that didn't do something. I keep hearing certain people don't have "the time" to do something or log on. But that's just full of crap. If you don't have time then don't simply be a gm or etc.. We need active people and ones that actually WANT change, not just keep it the way it is. #timeforachange

##2 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:11 am
View user profile
avatar

Grey

Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 1207
Points : -2147483547
Likes Received : 69
Join date : 2013-07-13
Jigglypuff  Psyduck 
Grey
  
I'm not against with the context above, in fact, I always like the idea of new updates and I believe everyone do as well. However, as much as we want to release new contents, of course there are points to be considered:

1. Practicality, Posibility and Effectiveness of Ideas + Development process
@Mazey wrote:Updates do take time to create, test and fix any issues that arise. That being said, it can take anywhere from a few hours to 50+ hours to create new content depending on the complexity of said idea/task (single idea, not an update). I am also the only one that works on the actual programming side of updates whether it be game or website related. I use ideas that staff members put  forward, browse through the suggestion page on the forums (assuming the suggestion is practical and possible) and use my own ideas for possible changes and updates. Even as an idea is nearing completion/completed I re-look at how it would affect the current game play/balance or if it is how I first imagined it would be, and sometimes it does get scrapped or sidelined. These sidelined ideas might be implemented into the game at a later date, or it may never see the light of day.

2. Developers/Programmers
SimplyBliss wrote: The fact updates get released so slowly means we need more devs or, perhaps, someone who's actually willing to hire devs to help out around the server and not take months to implement new updates. Keeping a server alive and updated is not a one man job, and needs a team to do so.
We admit that server is lacking of developers.
Mazey Flyff is always willing to hire new people for the developing team and application section never closes its door for potential programmers. However, most of the applications posted in the section are graphic designers who do skin re-modelling, graphic designs and so on.

Since we are experiencing shortage of programmer applicants, we have to deal that only one man can do the job atm.
SimplyBliss wrote:I'm tired of becoming one of those dreaded players that actually starts to believe that the sole purpose of the server is to keep money in someones pocket.
Server's expenses are expensive. To give an idea on how Mazey uses the funds aside from spending them for the server's regular bills and maintenance, he also consume it by buying systems that can be bought off-the-shelf or pays off developers to help him create new content though it is not a regular or contract basis but project base and if they are capable of making the system possible. Meaning, he needs to pay each system they've developed and I believe it's quite pricey.

SimplyBliss wrote:The purpose in this suggestion is to possibly bring to light a major problem this server has been dealing with for months.
I think the topic is too general rather a suggestion. It would be great if there's an specific idea or suggestion that you could share to us (aside from looking for devs since it is already putting in action.)

##3 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:50 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
View user profile

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

avatar
Posts : 3
Points : 5
Likes Received : 2
Join date : 2015-08-23
TheRealist
  
Then how is it possible that these new servers came out of nowhere and are gaining more people each day. This server moved down in the flyff tops and the new servers are now above this one. Something isn't working here and it's only gonna get worse. They're doing something right cause those are basically new servers. So you tell me. Changing the forum and all that isn't gonna help players come. You have to find a different way to attract players here. No one here has an idea on what to do. If you were 100% dedicated it wouldn't take months just to change something. I don't know what has to be done but you guys need someone or something else to change.

##5 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:25 am
View user profile
avatar

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts : 1595
Points : 1261
Likes Received : 120
Join date : 2014-11-07
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY
  
To be honest, simply saying that something needs to be changed but not having any suggestions to this change does not change anything.

##6 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:02 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
If 0/1 equals to 0, then what is 1/0?
View user profile

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

avatar
Posts : 3
Points : 5
Likes Received : 2
Join date : 2015-08-23
TheRealist
  
To be honest it's mainly their job to come up with stuff anyways 98% of the people's suggestion gets turned down or ignored so no point. If you don't see the problem then you're blind and people like you won't ever make a change in the game itself I'm done because this is getting pointless. Take care and God bless you. #mazeygoingdownin2016

##8 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:29 am
View user profile
avatar

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts : 1595
Points : 1261
Likes Received : 120
Join date : 2014-11-07
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY
  
Moved to General Discussion


##9 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:36 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
If 0/1 equals to 0, then what is 1/0?
View user profile
avatar
Posts : 199
Points : 284
Likes Received : 15
Join date : 2014-08-08
marton4o992
  
@JackSparrowYAY wrote:To be honest, simply saying that something needs to be changed but not having any suggestions to this change does not change anything.
I can suggest something , I can re-texture models , i need help on converting o3d file to 3ds and i will make models , if i dont there are few applications that people can , were just gonna add skype group and start working , nothing is going to change if 'we' or 'you' (staff) dont change it , or start changing it , as my knowledge and experience allows me i can help with what i can !
P.S.
If someone needs my help , or is interested please make sure to pm me i MIGHT help sigh

##10 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 am
View user profile

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

avatar

Cloaca

Sr. Member
Posts : 301
Points : 431
Likes Received : 49
Join date : 2014-02-16
Cloaca
  
TheRealist basically argues any points I could've responded too, and I agree with what he says. Don't make it my fault that the server's going to poop just because I haven't suggested anything in a while. I've actually made suggestions towards the game before, but it's not my place nor server to keep it updated and running, so attacking me about this isn't helping anyone nor anything. We as players can only do so much to try and help the server stay alive; it's the staffs job to keep it up and running, more so Mazey's job. You say there are no devs helping him but I know of a few people that are, whether or not they're major devs, and also have seen people attempt to reach out to Mazey and help, so I really don't want excuses since this has been an issue for months that us old players want fixed/changed.

##12 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:27 pm
View user profile
avatar

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts : 1595
Points : 1261
Likes Received : 120
Join date : 2014-11-07
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY
  
As far as I can see, the only one person has applied for developer is Pim, the rest being applicants for graphical designer. Rather than changing the existing features in game, all in which are already very good, creating new content that will challenge players (not like Colosseum which was not a complete succes) is what I believe would be useful. If you really, really know someone who knows how to develop a game, then encourage them to apply for developer.

##13 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:28 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
If 0/1 equals to 0, then what is 1/0?
View user profile

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

avatar

Grey

Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 1207
Points : -2147483547
Likes Received : 69
Join date : 2013-07-13
Jigglypuff  Psyduck 
Grey
  
SimplyBliss wrote:You say there are no devs helping him but I know of a few people that are, whether or not they're major devs, and also have seen people attempt to reach out to Mazey and help, so I really don't want excuses since this has been an issue for months that us old players want fixed/changed.

I've also known some people who attempted to apply for developer position via PM. However, I've never heard anymore from those people who approached me after I asked them to post an application and show their work in forums to know if they are qualified for the job.

The sad truth about few people, once they have successfully run, install or set-up a Flyff Private Server of their own and able to change the values of a variable by writing a piece of code in a working computer program/website, they've already considered themselves as a developer. The true definition of developer is not like that. And if it does, then, I was supposed to be in a developing team right now. Jk. Giggle (Skype)

A developer a.k.a programmer is a person who writes code to develop a software and fix bugs. Flyff developers often use programming languages like C++ (for game), PHP and Javascript (for website) with database knowledge such as MSSQL/MySQL. Developers/Programmers are NOT graphic designers, leechers nor a re-skin modeler.

I am not here to take down anyone's application nor against with the thought of the thread, as a matter of fact I also want new content, but I think I just need to share and explain the true definition of the word developer since some misunderstood the real meaning of it.



Last edited by Grey on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

##15 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:25 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
View user profile
avatar

Cloaca

Sr. Member
Posts : 301
Points : 431
Likes Received : 49
Join date : 2014-02-16
Cloaca
  
Jack that is only based off of what you see in the forum applicants. Different things go on behind the scenes and Mazey does have people that have deved things for him that aren't hired as current devs.

Also, I know that when I mention devs I don't mean designing fashion/websites or things just to please the eye. We need legitimate devs that can create new content and other things, such as when Monster clash and Colosseum was implemented.

##16 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:28 pm
View user profile
avatar

Grey

Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 1207
Points : -2147483547
Likes Received : 69
Join date : 2013-07-13
Jigglypuff  Psyduck 
Grey
  
SimplyBliss wrote:Mazey does have people that have deved things for him that aren't hired as current devs.

Yes, devs who worked with Mazey chose not to be a part of the server for personal reason and he respects their decision. Most of experienced developers prefer to sell their system because they are making a profit out of it. And it could be the reason why only few attempts to apply.

SimplyBliss wrote:Also, I know that when I mention devs I don't mean designing fashion/websites or things just to please the eye.
@Grey wrote:I think I just need to share and explain the true definition of the word developer since some misunderstood the real meaning of it.


##17 - Posted on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:50 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
View user profile

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

avatar

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts : 1595
Points : 1261
Likes Received : 120
Join date : 2014-11-07
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY
  
SimplyBliss wrote:Jack that is only based off of what you see in the forum applicants. Different things go on behind the scenes and Mazey does have people that have deved things for him that aren't hired as current devs.

There can be so many reasons why people have developed game contents for Mazey, but that does not necessarily mean that they all are Mazey Flyff devs. And of course I can only base on what I see in the forums. Pretty much everyone, if not all, that are/were hired to the game staff have/had made an application that got accepted.


@Kaishirco wrote:http://mazeyflyff.forumotion.net/t6967-xenorak-s-developer-application#49562  

Xenorak is  applying for developer
. Forum is so freakin ded. No one notice his application. See how ded  Mazey flyff is lol. . .  Even doe he is re-skin. As long as theres  different  items in game each day/wut ever , than im good with   re-skin Very Happy


I am sorry, but I disagree with the bolded quote.


##19 - Posted on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:36 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
If 0/1 equals to 0, then what is 1/0?
View user profile
avatar
Posts : 199
Points : 284
Likes Received : 15
Join date : 2014-08-08
marton4o992
  
Lets stop with this useless spam , seems like nothing is going to change , for now we can only hope , because if you want to help , you have to be ultra good on modeling and texturing programs + C++ so in that case no one can help Smile

##20 - Posted on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:18 pm
View user profile
avatar

Cloaca

Sr. Member
Posts : 301
Points : 431
Likes Received : 49
Join date : 2014-02-16
Cloaca
  
It's a discussion, not 'useless spam' marton4o992. Smile

##21 - Posted on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:43 am
View user profile

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

avatar

Mazey

Owner
Owner
Posts : 323
Points : 617
Likes Received : 113
Join date : 2013-05-21
Charmander Pikachu Psyduck Squirtle
Mazey
  
There are people who have applied for "developer" in the past, many of whom when asked to post/prove some of their work have not been able to provide substantial proof of their work. In that sense I often have looked at developers from other servers and purchased new systems that they are able to sell that I feel will fit with Mazey Flyff. There is a fairly large PvP system in the works currently, however I cannot discuss the specifics of it at this point, nor set a date that it will be ready.

As Grey said, the applications for Developers are always open, however in terms of "source code" developers with the required skills and knowledge to create new content, they are few and far between. Applications will always be open for this category.

##23 - Posted on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:21 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
View user profile http://www.mazeyflyff.com

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

avatar

Cloaca

Sr. Member
Posts : 301
Points : 431
Likes Received : 49
Join date : 2014-02-16
Cloaca
  
@Mazey wrote: There is a fairly large PvP system in the works currently, however I cannot discuss the specifics of it at this point, nor set a date that it will be ready.

I can only hope it doesn't turn out to be a dud like the recent PvP games that were implemented, as well as the FFA mode which stayed popular for about a month. Thanks for the reply btw.

##25 - Posted on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:56 pm
View user profile

Sponsored content

Sponsored content
  


##26 - Posted

Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum