You are not connected. Please login or register

Password recovery system

Cloaca

Cloaca

Password recovery system EmptyPosts : 301
Cloaca

We need a way for users to recover their accounts password on the
website. This would take a lot of work off of the staffs hands and make it easier on the players. Almost every time I'm online, someone needs to recover a lost account, this system would make it so they could do it themselves with the proper credentials.

Info Needed to Recover Password:
Account name
Email (to recover the password with)
Secret question answer

I don't think it's wise to make the Pwd recovery require the email associated with the account, due to the fact that you can use in invalid email to make the account.
If not this system, then maybe a ticket system on the website so it's easier to get information about cases without having to have a direct conversation (also since many players don't use the forums)

##1 - Posted Wed May 25, 2016 11:47 am
MonsterKyon

MonsterKyon

Password recovery system EmptyPosts : 30
MonsterKyon

+1 to this. But it should be very careful analyzing who owns what account. This system could also be a way of hacking accounts of people.

##2 - Posted Wed May 25, 2016 12:34 pm
MalyxSnyder

MalyxSnyder

Password recovery system EmptyPosts : 5
MalyxSnyder

+1 cause this would really help out returning players, like me :3

##3 - Posted Wed May 25, 2016 4:02 pm
Cloaca

Cloaca

Password recovery system EmptyPosts : 301
Cloaca

MonsterKyon wrote:+1 to this. But it should be very careful analyzing who owns what account. This system could also be a way of hacking accounts of people.  
I dont believe you understand the meaning of the word "hacking"...

##4 - Posted Thu May 26, 2016 10:37 am
MonsterKyon

MonsterKyon

Password recovery system EmptyPosts : 30
MonsterKyon

Cloaca wrote:
MonsterKyon wrote:+1 to this. But it should be very careful analyzing who owns what account. This system could also be a way of hacking accounts of people.  
I dont believe you understand the meaning of the word "hacking"...

Well i dont know what hacking means to you but it means alot of different things for me like cutting, unauthorized access to a system/network, hijacking an account, cheating and alot more.

I've played alot of games and a password recovery method through a website is one of the ways to hack people. There are various ways to gain the required information for a password retrieval such as phishing, scam mails(ingame), or just simply gaining the trust of the prospect.

I apologize for not being clear on my point. If you still think i do not understand that specific word I will not argue since English is not my primary language and I might be wrong.

##5 - Posted Thu May 26, 2016 3:14 pm
ArashiKoYuno

ArashiKoYuno

Password recovery system EmptyPosts : 6
ArashiKoYuno

I need help recovering my account as well :/ i have not played in a few years :/

##6 - Posted Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 am

Sponsored content

Password recovery system Empty
Sponsored content

##7 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum