You are not connected. Please login or register

Crackshooter

Azall

Azall

Crackshooter EmptyPosts : 140
Azall

So my main at the moment is crackshooter, and i was thinking to ask some oppinions about the pvp capalities of crackshooter.

I would appriciate any oppinion you would have on this matter.

Couple quik questions, i have noticed, a lot Ranger skills are bugged, will silence work at all and if works, will it work against asal?

Second, would it be worth it to get aurum as an attack set and then get kalgas set with sta SOPA, due crackshooter Aurum doesn't give any hp%? or would the hp be so low anyway, that it woudlt make difference in tanking damage from other classes. Just to clarify, i am not talking about fm here, i know being it full sta with everythink perfect, Crackshooter woudl't be able to tank them, i was refering mostly to mentalist/arcanist/templar.

~ Azall ~

##1 - Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:56 pm
Amnesty

Amnesty

Game Master
Game Master
Crackshooter EmptyPosts : 188
Amnesty

Silent Arrow works on Asal on normal servers and should work here as well. Even so, a Holy Scroll will quickly remove this debuff, leaving you open to an attack.

Yes. It is not only cost-effective, but it will also result in surviving quite a few attacks. The HP difference is not negligible; if you want to survive at all, I recommend a STA set for Arena/tanking/etc.

##2 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:21 am
Azall

Azall

Azall

Amnesty wrote:Silent Arrow works on Asal on normal servers and should work here as well. Even so, a Holy Scroll will quickly remove this debuff, leaving you open to an attack.

Yes. It is not only cost-effective, but it will also result in surviving quite a few attacks. The HP difference is not negligible; if you want to survive at all, I recommend a STA set for Arena/tanking/etc.

Alright, thanks!

If anyone else have any info about how well crackshooter do, and any tactics what could be implamented, feel free to share your oppinion.

##3 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:45 am
Freeeeeeesh

Freeeeeeesh

Crackshooter EmptyPosts : 5
Freeeeeeesh

With a few thousands of CC and if you can do 500k crits in pvp, I do not see why it would be bad. FW, DI, SA, and a lot of range.

##4 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:03 am
Azall

Azall

Azall

Freeeeeeesh wrote:With a few thousands of CC and if you can do 500k crits in pvp, I do not see why it would be bad. FW, DI, SA, and a lot of range.

I can't verify, but even if i would do 500k dmg, getting hit to a player with normal attack is quite hard, even with high dex. Just what i have seen in pvp, but i think DI and counter would count for something ye.

##5 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:07 am
Freeeeeeesh

Freeeeeeesh

Freeeeeeesh

Quite hard? Meh. Just run the opposite direction and have "attack opponent" on F1. You will be able to do at least4-5 hits. You don't necessarily want dex to get higher hit-ratio. You want CC.

##6 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:11 am
Azall

Azall

Azall

Freeeeeeesh wrote:Quite hard? Meh. Just run the opposite direction and have "attack opponent" on F1. You will be able to do at least4-5 hits. You don't necessarily want dex to get higher hit-ratio. You want CC.

I have played slayer and crackshooter a month in this server and when it comes to pvp and siege, even 2-3 misses will cost your life, i know how the pvp and hit rate for these classes works.

and when it comes to at least, in many cases it's not enough. It takes prolly 1 second or even less yj or bp to kill you with asal or hop, then those 2-3 misses and hit pattern will be purely based on luck.

Just to clarify, i am quite a knowlenged when it comes to flyff and it's features, and know a bit of the game, my main point in this topic was to discuss different stragetys and ways what would make Crackshooter viable for pvp.

##7 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:24 am
Freeeeeeesh

Freeeeeeesh

Freeeeeeesh

If you think that 2-3 misses will cost your life then you are screwed. Those misses are max 1.5 seconds and most jobs have an animation around that time.
If you are as experienced that you say you are I guess I do not have to tell you where the hit ratio caps nor where the block ratio caps. Since there are very few items that have static block on this server, maxing hitratio nor going full damage will be the most efficient choice. You just have to find a good balance.
Also having a guild that knows and are able to kill specific targets that are a threat to you will generally help you score better. :p

##8 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:42 am
Azall

Azall

Azall

Freeeeeeesh wrote:If you think that 2-3 misses will cost your life then you are screwed. Those misses are max 1.5 seconds and most jobs have an animation around that time.
If you are as experienced that you say you are I guess I do not have to tell you where the hit ratio caps nor where the block ratio caps. Since there are very few items that have static block on this server, maxing hitratio nor going full damage will be the most efficient choice. You just have to find a good balance.
Also having a guild that knows and are able to kill specific targets that are a threat to you will generally help you score better. :p

If you have done siege in this server, enlight me. I am not trying to be rude, but animations can be made shorter by Decrease casting time, and i don't know how long you have played this server "i am refering to your introduction post", but every p-server works a little differently, and i already know that crackshooter is underused in siege because they don't have dmg/hp compared to other pvp classes in the game, if you really wanna argue about this with me, feel free to duel in game, it's not every hit lands, not even close.

Main point of this topic, is purely to experienced players who have used crackshooter in this server to give their prespectives to the topic.

I appriciate your oppinion, don't take me wrong.

##9 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:53 am
Freeeeeeesh

Freeeeeeesh

Freeeeeeesh

Not every hit needs to land. How do you think people manage yo play cracks on eFlyff?
Listen, there are two options.
1. You have so much damage it does not matter if they block or not, you do like 200m+ on blocks
Or
2. Max hitrate so you do 200k+ on hits aka non blocks.
The problem with number two is that you will not land every hit no matter how close you are to the hit-ratio cap.
The second problem with number two is that your dps is not 200m+. Some times you will do like 50m blocks.
Do ya follow?

##10 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:09 am
Azall

Azall

Azall

Freeeeeeesh wrote:Not every hit needs to land. How do you think people manage yo play cracks on eFlyff?
Listen, there are two options.
1. You have so much damage it does not matter if they block or not, you do like 200m+ on blocks
Or
2. Max hitrate so you do 200k+ on hits aka non blocks.
The problem with number two is that you will not land every hit no matter how close you are to the hit-ratio cap.
The second problem with number two is that your dps is not 200m+. Some times you will do like 50m blocks.
Do ya follow?

I am well aware of these thinks, but i think refering e-flyff to p-server with custom rates is kind a useless.

Firstly there is no ways to increase hit rate in this server in items. "Ye there are couple of potions and staff, but nothing to make difference"

Secondly, this is why i questioned your play time in this server, lets say i would hit 200m and i would land hit every 5 hits, templar can get up to 1b hp, yj and bp half of that plus, players can spam remantis on this server so even then i woudlt able to kill any skilled player fast enough.

You talk crackshooter dmg, like it's gonna 1 hit everythink it points the arrows. I am well aware disadvantages of crackshooter when it comes to pvp, and i am aware of max hp and dmg ratios of all classes.

Like i said, point of this topic is not argue about dmg or hit rate, it's for players who have done siege or pvp with crackshooter to give their oppinions and tips for tactic how to use it in pvp, and don't say just DI and shoot.

##11 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:17 am
freedert1

freedert1

Advanced Contributor
Crackshooter EmptyPosts : 1291
freedert1

I think much better increased the knock back percentage of the Crackshooter like Mentalist normal attack?!

##12 - Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:35 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Crackshooter EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

I think he's asking(Azall) if crackshooter are effective or nearly as effective when it comes to siege. I siege using a crackshooter but on another p.server and I don't think there is tactic or strategy. Well just hit and hope that it wont get blocked. Pretty much what Freeesh said. Though I haven't tried it here cos I'm at the process of completing my gears as a crackshooter and when I'm done and be able to siege, I think my strategy will just go pure DEX I mean pure attack build. Maybe swap gears for STA but I don't think that would be useful considering the damage output of every class in this server(like YJ and BP which are always present at siege) and I think I'd just rely on crackshooter's distance and critical hit. I plan to focus on crackshooter so I'll be following this topic for some PRO players suggestions/tips. Damn, I think I just spammed this tread. Lol. Well good luck Azall. Hope you can get the comment that you want.

EDIT: I'd like to add one thing, just hours ago at the arena, I saw a crackshooter using condor dive skill. I asked for his/her build he just said that he's pure ICD but some says that you need pure DEX(gears and build) if you want to attain a high condor dive damage. Can someone enlighten us if which one is better? Just hit arrows normally or use condor dive?

##13 - Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:38 pm
Azall

Azall

Azall

Shai wrote:I think he's asking(Azall) if crackshooter are effective or nearly as effective when it comes to siege. I siege using a crackshooter but on another p.server and I don't think there is tactic or strategy. Well just hit and hope that it wont get blocked. Pretty much what Freeesh said. Though I haven't tried it here cos I'm at the process of completing my gears as a crackshooter and when I'm done and be able to siege, I think my strategy will just go pure DEX I mean pure attack build. Maybe swap gears for STA but I don't think that would be useful considering the damage output of every class in this server(like YJ and BP which are always present at siege) and I think I'd just rely on crackshooter's distance and critical hit. I plan to focus on crackshooter so I'll be following this topic for some PRO players suggestions/tips. Damn, I think I just spammed this tread. Lol. Well good luck Azall. Hope you can get the comment that you want.

EDIT: I'd like to add one thing, just hours ago at the arena, I saw a crackshooter using condor dive skill. I asked for his/her build he just said that he's pure ICD but some says that you need pure DEX(gears and build) if you want to attain a high condor dive damage. Can someone enlighten us if which one is better? Just hit arrows normally or use condor dive?

I am not sure about condor dive, but i am full iCD and i hit 40-75m with condor dive, and it could be possible that with dex based build it could rise to respectifull amount, but it takes back to the fact that in siege you can spam remantis, lets say you land 3 condor dive before he can get to you, cooldown between each one is so long due crackshooter doesn't benefit from ICT that he can use remantis between every condor dive, what makes it a bit problematic using it as a move to attack.

I haven't verify this because i have only done pvp and duel with the players, but what i have seen it seems to be the case.

What goes for stragety, i believe there is much more than purely hitting a target, lets not forget that compared to slayer crackshooter has DI and counter, and top of that, if ur lucky enough to land it crackshooter can hold attack putton with mouse and to do the realeased attack with more damage behind it, of course in siege doing this without DI would be suicide due the time it takes to do it, but with DI it could work, would you be lucky enough to land it.

The hp think, is not ment for FM and YJ, like i stated and amnesty pointed out, it is more like to tank lesser hitting classes in siege than FM and Yj, meaning the Arcanist/Mentalist/knight.

##14 - Posted Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:49 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Snorlax 
Shai

Just as I thought, correct me if I'm wrong, but I still think that normal hit cause more damage than condor dive. I've tried to use full ICD build too, but I switched some parts to suffice the CC cap. And it's pretty effective I guess rather than with full ICD, players block maybe 5 of my 7 attacks. About the HP well maybe you got loads of RPs then switch to STA gears though I don't know the minimum HP cos some said you need to have maybe 600m hp to survive at siege here. But for me, well aside from the fact that I can't afford, I think I'd just go with full attack set and hope for the better.  ache 

If somehow you figured out what strategy to use or gears, please do share some tips to me.  Laugh

EDIT: Any progress on this one Azall?

##15 - Posted Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:12 pm
Azall

Azall

Azall

Some, my ranger is almost full donate geared now with sopa's, and even then the block rate is still un-bearable, and yes there are 500% hit rate cloak, but then you have to compromise from hp % and as aurum doesn't give any hp % it cut's a bit too much, my hp with perfect crackshooter gear without hp cloak is 140m, i think it's bit a ridiclous.

I am done arguing about this subject, as everyone cheaply refers to the fact that crackshooter is supose to be giant hunting class. I might do another thread later, or continue this one depending on my mood.

Shai, if u wanna my honest oppinion, crackshooter really isin't worth it, maybe if some changes would be made, but at the moment it's lesser version of slayer what can't pvp really well. I am continuing mine just because it's my favorite class, and don't find any reason to jump on HoP/Asal wagon.

##16 - Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:04 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Snorlax 
Shai

Neither will I, I guess. If I'm going to switch, I think I'd make a mentalist. I've never been a fan of mainstream classes. I know mentalist can't tank most of the asals or hops like knight does, but I think will full STA, it can deal more damage than knight (correct me if i'm wrong though).

Back on crackshooters, let's talk about the damage. How much damage did you make with your current gears Azall? I'm not interested in the hp part since we both know and maybe agree that cracks sucks at their hp. Thanks in advance!

##17 - Posted Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:57 pm
Azall

Azall

Azall

Shai wrote:Neither will I, I guess. If I'm going to switch, I think I'd make a mentalist. I've never been a fan of mainstream classes. I know mentalist can't tank most of the asals or hops like knight does, but I think will full STA, it can deal more damage than knight (correct me if i'm wrong though).

Back on crackshooters, let's talk about the damage. How much damage did you make with your current gears Azall? I'm not interested in the hp part since we both know and maybe agree that cracks sucks at their hp. Thanks in advance!

I haven't been able to test my full damage yet, but without rm buffs/pvp jewels i am able to hit 300+m. The think is, my damage is high, but block rate being at it is, i am not able to land enough hit's before other player reach me.

Take in to the count i am almost full donor with sopas, i haven't tried my damage with any cs items or prerium, could be possbile to reach 400-450m.

You asked about condor before, with my new gear my condor is 97m, with everythink perfect i supose i could reach to 120m+.

##18 - Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:33 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Snorlax 
Shai

So condor is out of the picture. I'm kinda interested about the damage part. I think 400m-450m damage is quite good. Considering that crackshooters are long-range and can land many arrows. It all depends on whether your arrow will deal damage or not. But in case it will, with 3 successive hits I think it can kill some classes. Thanks on testing this class and sharing what you've learned, since I don't have much gear yet I can't test it myself. Now that I know some facts, I think this class is worth trying, for me at least.

##19 - Posted Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:59 pm

Sponsored content

Crackshooter Empty
Sponsored content

##20 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum