You are not connected. Please login or register

Ticket Filing System

Ninabu

Ninabu

Ticket Filing System EmptyPosts : 91
Ninabu

So it came to my attention that this server doesn't have a Ticket Filing System!
Well, I think it should.

I know this isn't like eFlyff or any of those big companies that have to deal with thousands of players with issues,
but there are still around 200 players on daily (when rounded up) and some of them DO encounter issues.

The Ticket Filing System is simply where if you have issues (i.e. getting hacked, scammed, sexually harassed, donation point issues, voting point issues, glitches, and other stuff), you can go on to (depending on where the ticket filing system is placed: On the website, in-game, or on forums) file a ticket. Then it will be sent to the GMs/Admins via either e-mail or depending on how they want to do it and they can check into it.  

Then, depending on how thorough the GMs/Admins want to be, there can be a status of the ticket:
Unread, Read, Unsolved, Solved, etc.
They can also reply to the ticket and ask for more information and will work with you until it's solved.
And then, if it stays Unread, you can actually say the GM's ignored you.

It will ask you your In-game Name, Information about the Problem, and sometimes the Category the problem sets into,
almost like registering again, haha. Once you finish and press submit, it will say "Your ticket has been submitted" and you just have to wait for a response by checking back later.

I just think that way it's easier to tell them your issue without waiting for them to get online in-game.

##1 - Posted Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:01 pm

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Ninabu

Ninabu

Ninabu

Viva wrote:+10000 to this suggestion. Nothing more to say other than I support this suggestion 100% and hope that it does get implemented.
Haha, thank you! I just think it would help the players out more since it's kind of hard to catch GMs in-game at times. And then, all GMs/Admins could look at the ticket and help out with the issue so you get a lot of help. It will be more professional this way as well.

##3 - Posted Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:14 pm
Azall

Azall

Ticket Filing System EmptyPosts : 140
Azall

I see only benefit, by implanting this to the server.

/Support  Laugh 

##4 - Posted Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:32 pm
Ninabu

Ninabu

Ninabu

Azall wrote:I see only benefit, by implanting this to the server.

/Support  Laugh 
Thank you! I just really think it will help out many players and staff alike--
Players will most likely get their issues worked out and the Staff will find ways to prevent certain things from happening. It helps them both out.

##5 - Posted Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:36 pm
Daily

Daily

Head Admin¦Community Manager
Head Admin¦Community Manager
Ticket Filing System EmptyPosts : 1563
Bulbasaur  Charmander  Eevee  Pikachu  Snorlax  Squirtle  Vulpix 
Daily

Great idea!!!
+999999! :3

##6 - Posted Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:50 pm
http://www.mazeyflyff.com/
Ninabu

Ninabu

Ninabu

Daily wrote:Great idea!!!
+999999! :3
ah thank you! By the way! Congratulations!

##7 - Posted Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:57 pm
Aloha

Aloha

Ticket Filing System EmptyPosts : 209
Aloha

What a great idea, A major +1 to this ^_^

##8 - Posted Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:15 am
Ninabu

Ninabu

Ninabu

Aloha wrote:What a great idea, A major +1 to this ^_^
Thank you, Aloha!

##9 - Posted Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:34 am
LostNightmare

LostNightmare

Ex-GM
Ticket Filing System EmptyPosts : 285
LostNightmare

#Read #Ignored
xD JKJK good idea but this system would be just as effective as posting in bugs and help sections except for the fact that players with general bug knowledge can help in those sections.

##10 - Posted Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:01 pm
Ninabu

Ninabu

Ninabu

LostNightmare wrote:#Read #Ignored
xD JKJK good idea but this system would be just as effective as posting in bugs and help sections except for the fact that players with general bug knowledge can help in those sections.
But it's not JUST for bugs. It could be for people with personal flyff related issues that they don't want to post
all over the forums, because some of it can bring it drama and then you guys will automatically assume it will become
a "flame" thread and will lock it with out solving anything. If someone is having bug related issues, they can ask others as well if you guys don't know. But most bug related issues YOU would know because you make the maps and Mazey would know because he made the server. Of course others can help but I think a ticket filing system would be much more efficient than just posting it in forums.

Plus, I also see that some threads in the Help & Bug sub-forums have no posts or any advice/help whatsoever and
have been empty for days, maybe because the staff doesn't notice it. But if they send in a ticket filing system, you will be notified by maybe e-mail or something.

##11 - Posted Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:08 pm
LostNightmare

LostNightmare

Ex-GM
LostNightmare

Ninabu wrote:
But it's not JUST for bugs. It could be for people with personal flyff related issues that they don't want to post
all over the forums, because some of it can bring it drama and then you guys will automatically assume it will become
a "flame" thread and will lock it with out solving anything.
If someone is having bug related issues, they can ask others as well if you guys don't know. But most bug related issues YOU would know because you make the maps and Mazey would know because he made the server. Of course others can help but I think a ticket filing system would be much more efficient than just posting it in forums.

Plus, I also see that some threads in the Help & Bug sub-forums have no posts or any advice/help whatsoever and
have been empty for days, maybe because the staff doesn't notice it. But if they send in a ticket filing system, you will be notified by maybe e-mail or something.
I'm going to guess the part that I highlighted in red has to do with Viva's post on harassers. If so that was handled, she just decided to take it even farther. Which in itself can be seen as harassment. And I do understand your reasoning to want that but if people want to remain anonymous in reporting they are welcome to report through private msg to any staff member. Which they do quite frequently. And while using the private message system here you can track if your PM was read or not so technically this works in the same general way you would like your system to work. A ticket system however if ran through forums, I'm personally not sure these forums could do that.

##12 - Posted Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:21 pm
Ninabu

Ninabu

Ninabu

LostNightmare wrote:
Ninabu wrote:
a "flame" thread and will lock it with out solving anything.
If someone is having bug related issues, they can ask others as well if you guys don't know. But most bug related issues YOU would know because you make the maps and Mazey would know because he made the server. Of course others can help but I think a ticket filing system would be much more efficient than just posting it in forums.

I'm going to guess the part that I highlighted in red has to do with Viva's post on harassers. If so that was handled, she just decided to take it even farther. Which in itself can be seen as harassment. And I do understand your reasoning to want that but if people want to remain anonymous in reporting they are welcome to report through private msg to any staff member. Which they do quite frequently. And while using the private message system here you can track if your PM was read or not so technically this works in the same general way you would like your system to work. A ticket system however if ran through forums, I'm personally not sure these forums could do that.
Even if it was solved, it is still an issue and can cause people to be weary.
I did not say where it should be exactly placed-- if it can't work on forums then you can put it on the
main website or even in-game.

But instead of trying to compare the two, also try to contrast the two. They still are very different and
both have their pros and cons.

As I see in other places, they have a Ticket Filing System for more in-depth problems like scamming and/or hacking or DP/VP issues that should be sent directly to the Staff and they keep the bug/glitch/error sub-forum on their forums so others can also help. That way you don't have to remove the bug/glitch thread and can also deal with important matters that you should give attention to as a staff member. You guys can set it up like a PM because tickets are usually suppose to tell you if it was read/unread, solved/unsolved. You can also reply in the ticket just like a PM.

edit: So yes, it is a lot like a PM but some people don't want to go on forums and make an account. Many people go to the main site for voting and donating and seeing events, etc so it would make sense to also be able to file a ticket on the main site and they just have to log in on the main site to do it. It would most likely work better. How about, if you guys decide, you implement it for a week or so and see if it works out? If it doesn't, then you can stay with what you have

##13 - Posted Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:30 pm
LostNightmare

LostNightmare

Ex-GM
LostNightmare

A ticket filing system in game seems absolutely impossible. However on the main website maybe, As I said it's a good idea. How workable it would be is another story because of the amount of work that would have to be done to maybe make that work. And with mazey spending 150% of his time working on the server i just dont know if something like this would be doable.

##14 - Posted Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Ninabu

Ninabu

Ninabu

LostNightmare wrote:A ticket filing system in game seems absolutely impossible. However on the main website maybe, As I said it's a good idea. How workable it would be is another story because of the amount of work that would have to be done to maybe make that work. And with mazey spending 150% of his time working on the server i just dont know if something like this would be doable.
A ticket filing system is like registering..
Im not sure how much effort it takes to make it but I don't think it'll be crazy hard.
But thanks for the opinion, Laurence.
Here is a picture of my dog for you:
Ticket Filing System 9fYkMJl

Viva wrote:1. Why are you putting my name into a suggestion?
2. It's nobody's business about my personal issues
3. Still on board with this suggestion.
4. ^.~

I'm sorry your name was brought up! Laurence brought up the name but I wasn't specifically talking about you,
I was talking about the players as a whole and when that problem happens.
Thank you for being on board,
I love you Viv. ☆

##16 - Posted Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Bakasura

Bakasura

Ticket Filing System EmptyPosts : 27
Bakasura

Seems like a great suggestion, would benefit both players and GM's

Huge +1.

##18 - Posted Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Sponsored content