You are not connected. Please login or register

Mini maps in dungeons? [Suggestion]

CrimsonMoon

CrimsonMoon

Mini maps in dungeons? [Suggestion] EmptyPosts : 32
CrimsonMoon

I would like to suggest we get the mini maps in dungeons. I know this has probably been suggested many times before, however I shall do my best to use logical reasons as to why we need them.

1. - The maps help in the navigation of the dungeons, though I myself don't need them I know of many other players who simply refuse to do kheldor because they can't figure the map out. Hell I know one guy who gets lost even with a map from Google xD

2. - Even a skilled player can get turned around in a place like kheldor or ankou. Everything looks the same in those dungeons, especially in kheldor where everything is purple with crystals lol.

3. - The mini map can help us find members who are lost in the dungeon without us having to go down every corridor in the whole place.

4. - Learning the dungeon can be much easier with the mini map in place.

5. - Convenience, The map is very convenient. Letting me know precisely where I am at any time.

Now I don't want it to sound like I am whining about the maps not being there, it's certainly the opposite. I think it would be helpful to people who have never stepped foot in these dungeons, even though I myself have done them many times. Hell I even get lost sometimes when I get distracted mid dungeon. At least with the mini maps we won't have to worry about the extreme lack of landmarks in these places.

This is my suggestion, if it is impossible to import the mini maps that's fine. I just thought it would be helpful to have them.

##1 - Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:06 pm
LiquidBreasts

LiquidBreasts

Mini maps in dungeons? [Suggestion] EmptyPosts : 1
LiquidBreasts

Agreed. Shamed as I may be, I have to admit I was the dude who got lost xD. I can't really see well due to the obstructing stalagmites, stalactites, and crystals. It might be a tad too dark too IMO. I can't seem to navigate either, despite the "pool" landmarks. The use of "pinging" (if that's the correct term) on the minimap greatly eases the task of finding/locating lost players or objectives and eases the process of navigation in general.

##2 - Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:24 pm
LostNightmare

LostNightmare

Ex-GM
Mini maps in dungeons? [Suggestion] EmptyPosts : 285
LostNightmare

There is a problem with rendering the minimap for the crystal cave. Once it is fixed we will see what we can do.

##3 - Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:28 pm

Renies

Mini maps in dungeons? [Suggestion] EmptyPosts : 14
Renies

I support this... e.e

If it ain't Aminus, I get lost as crap.

##4 - Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:01 pm
Kyon

Kyon

Mini maps in dungeons? [Suggestion] EmptyPosts : 52
Kyon

It may not look like it but, once you get used to it, you wont even need minimaps, in kheldor, i use the Pools of water as landmarks, i get to finish it w/o even getting lost..

In behemoth, the totems you need to kill are simply placed in an alternate method, its pretty much easy compared to kheldor.

Try searching kheldor/behemoth maps and go on window mode, then go run the dungeon while checking if you're making the right turns and directions. Its pretty much easy if you can navigate through, always make use of landmarks/mobs and such to know where you are.

##5 - Posted Sun May 04, 2014 2:21 pm
oResort

oResort

Mini maps in dungeons? [Suggestion] EmptyPosts : 177
oResort

Kheldor is easy to navigate, you just literally stick to the right wall for the whole way except the first turning.

##6 - Posted Sun May 04, 2014 9:56 pm
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ResortFG
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Mini maps in dungeons? [Suggestion] EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

+1 to this because Kheldor map is fvckng difficult. Lol.

##7 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 5:57 am

Sponsored content

Mini maps in dungeons? [Suggestion] Empty
Sponsored content

##8 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum