You are not connected. Please login or register

Sorry But I dont believe whats being said

LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Sorry But I dont believe whats being said EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

I'm sorry. But, I don't believe none of the players nor any of the GMs, when it comes to BP's Asal formula.

So Admins, What is true actual Asal Formula in Mazey Server, since you guys knows what you are talking about?

##1 - Posted Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 pm
freedert1

freedert1

Advanced Contributor
Sorry But I dont believe whats being said EmptyPosts : 1291
freedert1

here for MP/INT.

Mazey flyff Technical Info. MP/INT:

2.25*INT + 22 + 2*LVL

credit: Soul

just sharing it ^_^

##2 - Posted Tue May 06, 2014 10:55 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

i truly think there are some missing information

##3 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 1:17 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Sorry But I dont believe whats being said EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

I'm planning to make a FM now, so I'm pretty much interested on this topic. And yeah, I read some of LegionDark, Soul, and freedert1's comments/tips about FM.

##4 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 5:41 am
oResort

oResort

Sorry But I dont believe whats being said EmptyPosts : 177
oResort

Get your INT and STR to the highest amount possible then just balance the two stats as best you can, you don't really need more than that. Anyway it's not all about highest asal damage.

##5 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 5:44 am
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ResortFG
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Snorlax 
Shai

Oh, Resort. Yeah, I kinda figured that out. I'm not after the damage too. So I'm weighing scales between Harle and FM. Can you state some pros/cons? I mean harle vs. other class; harle vs. FM; FM vs. harle. If I remembered right, you posted something about harle's skill combo? Ohh, can you just message me here at forums so we won't be spammers at legion's topic? Thanks in advance!

##6 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 6:05 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

The whole thing is this.... 2.22*Int+22+2*lvl MP * STR / 10 + 3000 + ATK which I was told that those two things are wrong :|

then i was told:
Str / 10 * dwSkillLevel * ( 5 + nMP / 10 ) + nAddDmg
Str/10 X 10 X ( 5+ MP /10) + 150

##7 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 6:30 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Snorlax 
Shai

Damn them formulas. Lol. Which is which then? Someone enlighten us. Lol.

##8 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 6:38 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

No Kidding, Shai Neutral I wish that people would just make their minds up and say "Hey this is how it should be" and let it be Neutral

##9 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 6:59 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Snorlax 
Shai

Yeah. If only things would be as simple as that but every player have their different opinion. I guess only Mazey, himself, can give the answer that you're seeking of without you having a slightest touch of doubt. Lol. Maybe he won't tell cos it's up to us to discover? I mean if we all know how it is done, i guess the effort will be reduce. It all boils down on where are you comfortable with, i think.

##10 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 8:35 am
Soul

Soul

Sorry But I dont believe whats being said EmptyPosts : 46
Soul

Alright, let's settle this once and for all.

Asal damage cosists of two parts. The typical Magic Skill Damage, and the Asal-Specific part.

The regular skill damage is calculated like any other skill in the game and affected by Link Attack, PvP Sockets, and so on. You can get a rough idea how strong this part is by casting any other BP STR based still.

Note: This part isn't exactly as strong as the other STR skills. In eFlyff, since the damage is significantly lower than it is here, casting any other BP skill is a good indicator of this part of the damage. However, since the Attack% modifiers and STR is higher here, the difference in values become proportionally larger. The best way to calculate the exact Skill Damage part of Asal would be to subtract your Asal-Specific damage from your actual Asal damage.

The Asal-Specific part is what makes asal so strong. This is the part where the formula is most commonly discussed. This part is calculated using a formula with STR and MP being the only two relevant valueables, and it goes as following: (STR/10) * Asal_skill_level * (5 + mp/10). This brings us back to the formula Feedert posted. Instead of MP, it uses INT*2.25. This is because the Int per MP ratio for Force Masters in Mazey is set at 2.25 by default. However, this changes as your gear improves. If I'm not mistaken, the highest possible MP% modifier you can achive as a BP would be +3000%, which would result in 69.75 INT per MP.

In order to get your actual Asal damage, you simply add the Asal-specific part of the damage with the Magic Skill damage. Note that the Magic Skill Damage is going to differ as your STR changes though. If you calculate the Magic Skill damage at a certain Attack/STR ratio and change it signigicantly, you can cound with this ratio changing up to 10-15m~

Note that the final formula is going to give you the PvE Asal damage. This has to be multiplied by the PvP damage reduction in order to calculate your actual PvP damage. The PvP damage is set at 60% in flyff by default, which means you have to multiply your final value with 0.6.

##11 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 9:46 am
Amnesty

Amnesty

Game Master
Game Master
Sorry But I dont believe whats being said EmptyPosts : 188
Amnesty

Soul wrote:
The Asal-Specific part is what makes asal so strong. This is the part where the formula is most commonly discussed. This part is calculated using a formula with STR and MP being the only two relevant valueables, and it goes as following: (STR/10) * Asal_skill_level * (5 + mp/10). This brings us back to the formula Feedert posted. Instead of MP, it uses INT*2.25. This is because the Int per MP ratio for Force Masters in Mazey is set at 2.25 by default. However, this changes as your gear improves. If I'm not mistaken, the highest possible MP% modifier you can achive as a BP would be +3000%, which would result in 69.75 INT per MP.

I believe you meant MP per INT?

In addition, some (all?) % modifiers work based on your base stats - having your base stats in INT will result in more MP than having them in any other stat (assuming you have the same MP% modifier in both scenarios).

The formulas mentioned above are indeed the ones used from the official version of Flyff. They are extremely precise when dealing with normal rates, but as mentioned, tend to skew with the high ratios of this server.

There are many aspects that go into determining final damage, and a simple formula doesn't do that justice. In general, you wish to abide by the above formula and try to aim for a STR equal to your MP/10. From there, you can work on balancing your ratio to achieve the output you desire.

##12 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 1:13 pm
freedert1

freedert1

Advanced Contributor
Sorry But I dont believe whats being said EmptyPosts : 1291
freedert1

Here I PM LostNighmare about the Asal Formula^

Formula for Asal:

((str/10)*MP)+atk+3000

##13 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 1:22 pm
Amnesty

Amnesty

Game Master
Game Master
Sorry But I dont believe whats being said EmptyPosts : 188
Amnesty

freedert1 wrote:Here I PM LostNighmare about the Asal Formula^

Formula for Asal:

((str/10)*MP)+atk+3000

STR is divided by 10 but then multiplied by the skill level (assuming it's max, that would also be 10). Hence, STR/10*10=STR. MP is divided by 10 as well.

##14 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 1:26 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

-.-

if Asal is Lvl 10, then it has a damage value of + 150.

(str/10)*10 * 5+(MP/10) +  150 for skill Damage + Atk + 3000

For PVE:
Pure Str Build

For PvP:
Pure Sta Build

Balance:
Everyone knows that there is 18 total slots: 5 on the left, 5 on top, 4 on the right, and 4 on bottom. But, BP can only awake 17 slots out of 18, therefore 17 slots can be. Balance between Str and Int can not happen due to the 8-1-8

##15 - Posted Wed May 07, 2014 6:14 pm
Soul

Soul

Soul

Amnesty wrote:
Soul wrote:

In addition, some (all?) % modifiers work based on your base stats - having your base stats in INT will result in more MP than having them in any other stat (assuming you have the same MP% modifier in both scenarios).

The formulas mentioned above are indeed the ones used from the official version of Flyff. They are extremely precise when dealing with normal rates, but as mentioned, tend to skew with the high ratios of this server.

There are many aspects that go into determining final damage, and a simple formula doesn't do that justice. In general, you wish to abide by the above formula and try to aim for a STR equal to your MP/10. From there, you can work on balancing your ratio to achieve the output you desire.

Exactly. Having base INT points affect your total MP the same way having base STA would affect your total Sta when using modifiers such as Grilled Eel.

So from the information gathered, we can all establish that the formula which takes up the majority of the damage would incluse multiplying the STR and MP.

Since we can write STR*MP/10 as STR*INT *69.5/10, we can now come to the conclusion that the optimal way of building your character would be having around as much STR as INT. Exactly the same value probably wouldn't give the highest damage output though, since there are other things to consider as well.

The (str/10)*MP)+atk+3000 in not entirely correct for asal here since it tries to include the regular skill damage in the later part of the formula. Because of that, I would suggest using the (STR*MP)/10 for the Asal-specific part and try to calculate your regular skill damage through actual tests in game. The regular skill damage part is where the regular formulas tend to get messed up in higher rate servers.

Amnesty wrote:

Oh, and yeah. I did.

EDIT:
freedert1 wrote:Here I PM LostNighmare about the Asal Formula^

Formula for Asal:

((str/10)*MP)+atk+3000

As Alaska said, this is essentially the same formula as the one I posted since the STR is divided by 10 and then multiplied by the Asal skill level, which is always going to be 10. I wouldn't trust in the later parts for high rate servers though.

Last edited by Soul on Thu May 08, 2014 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total

##16 - Posted Thu May 08, 2014 1:16 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

Soul wrote: The regular skill damage part is where the regular formulas tend to get messed up in higher rate servers.

No Kidding. Because you had to calculate the skill level and its damage amount along with the MP, Str, Atk and such.

This right here [STR*INT *69.5/10] is more simple to calculate.

##17 - Posted Thu May 08, 2014 5:16 am
Mazey

Mazey

Owner
Owner
Sorry But I dont believe whats being said EmptyPosts : 346
Charmander Pikachu Psyduck Squirtle
Mazey

Code:
return (int)( ( ( ( m_pAttacker->GetStr() / 10 ) * dwSkillLevel ) * ( 5 + nMP / 10 ) + nAddDmg ) * .2 ) + nATK;

For those that don't under stand the above formula.
Code:
( ( ( ( Str / 10 ) * Skill Level ) * ( 5 + Current Mp/ 10 ) + Damage dependent on skill level see below) * .2 ) + Player Attack

Code:
Skill level
1: nAddDmg = 20;
2: nAddDmg = 30;
3: nAddDmg = 40;
4: nAddDmg = 50;
5: nAddDmg = 60;
6: nAddDmg = 70;
7: nAddDmg = 80;
8: nAddDmg = 90;
9: nAddDmg = 100;
10: nAddDmg = 150;

That is the actual formula that is used in the source, I believe I modified it slightly from the original formula back in beta stages to balance out the large amounts of MP% bonuses obtainable.

##18 - Posted Thu May 08, 2014 3:56 pm
http://www.mazeyflyff.com
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

Thank You Mazey Smile

##19 - Posted Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 am
LostNightmare

LostNightmare

Ex-GM
Sorry But I dont believe whats being said EmptyPosts : 285
LostNightmare

LostNightmare wrote:Yeah asal is something like ((str/10)*MP)+atk+3000 (it might vary a little from that its been a long while sense i used the formula)
My exact words^ ( I don't like being quoted unless the full quote is there v.v'' )

##20 - Posted Fri May 09, 2014 5:01 am
Soul

Soul

Soul

Mazey wrote:

Code:
( ( ( ( Str / 10 ) * Skill Level ) * ( 5 + Current Mp/ 10 ) + Damage dependent on skill level see below) * .2 ) + Player Attack

Just for clarification; this is only the Asal-specific part of the damage, right?
Seeing as how this is very similar to the (STR/10) * Asal_skill_level * (5 + mp/10), I'm led to believe that this isn't the entire damage. This isn't affected by PvP%, and we know that Asal is affected by that to a certain degree.

Also, asal in the actual game is 10-50m higher than this indicates, so something seems to be missing.

Also, is there any way to get the formula for the entire damage including the Non Asal-Specific?

##21 - Posted Sat May 10, 2014 7:37 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

( Str / 10 ) * Skill Level ) * ( 5 + Current Mp/ 10 ) + Damage dependent on skill level see below) * .2 ) + Player Attack

First part is the Asal, and the second part is the damage/atk related to Asal.

In regards to PvP, there is a formula involving that. But how it is layout, is kind of a mystery big time. PvP Jewels does boots up the damage within the Atk power, but that can some what determinded base on the target's defensive such as Block Rate, Evansion rate. We can seriously go deep within the formulas to a point that it would be too much to handle.

##22 - Posted Sat May 10, 2014 8:37 am

Sponsored content

Sorry But I dont believe whats being said Empty
Sponsored content

##23 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum