You are not connected. Please login or register

Mazey Flyff » General » General Discussion » asasMacro Program

Macro Program

avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2957
Points : 2139
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
I know this alone might get be bashed or something here at forums. I mean majority of siegers will rant or get rage but just hear me out for a while. I didn't put this on the "suggestion" thread because I want to hear what other players will have to say first. That's why it is here at "general discussion". So let's get to it.

Macro Program. For some who didn't know, it is a 3rd party program which if used in-game, can allow you to switch almost every gear or every gear of your class. That's why we always see different sets of str/sta or int/sta because they use it for switching. This is legal here. Though illegal to some private servers that I played. I was wondering if this could be illegal here too? I mean, look at this from my point of view, FMs and Harles do dominate the siege not just of their ASAL and HOP alone, it's because of marco that they survive some hits. If macro will be illegal and ban-able here in game, players will be forced to make hybrid types. STR and STA awakes or INT and STA awakes per job. Which is better in my opinion because FM's ASAL will be reduced as well as Harle's HOP and with that alone, other class can participate too. The only problem I'm thinking is FD Templar, without any class that can kill it, it will somehow dominate the siege. That's where other class comes now. Like Seraph's Holy Cross. Mentalist's reduction skill(which I totally forgot the name), thus we will see different class at siege. Don't get me wrong, Templar can still be killed if one or two FM's joined and risked being at full STR damage.

So, that's basically all. I do accept comments and criticism but let's make this as formal and as humane as possible. If you want to rant or use vulgar words at me, you are always welcome to PM me here at forums. I won't mind. But expect me to answer back too. This won't need any +1 or -1. Just comment and say what you want.

##1 - Posted on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:31 pm
View user profile
avatar

WhiteNoise

Administrator
Administrator
Posts : 957
Points : -1468
Likes Received : 46
Join date : 2014-04-27
Medal  Bulbasaur  Charmander  Squirtle 
WhiteNoise
  
You can still switch gears tho. Not necessary to make a hybrid FM or Harlequin. Because you can still switch gears manually.

##2 - Posted on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:49 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2957
Points : 2139
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
I'm well aware of that. I always use that when I siege before. I mean, from different private server. But because of my slow hands, I can only do 3 gears switch before ASAL lands. If people can use is manually, it's all right though. But not with Macro where it seems unfair to switch everything including pets, I think.

##3 - Posted on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:58 pm
View user profile
avatar

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Posts : 1445
Points : 1871
Likes Received : 35
Join date : 2014-01-22
LEgionDark
  
Here is from my experince as a former MacroGamer user. MacroGamer does not only do Switching, it can be used for AFK farming, no stop skill casting and so on.... How I know? I kind of discovered a bug with the MacroGamer that can prevent a player from moving for its spot but still be able to cast a skill on a target without stepping into a danger of getting killed or attack.

The reason why I am cautious about doing Re-Seige, cause I'm full aware that MacroGamer can actual caused a d/c and a lag, since I have experience it.

##4 - Posted on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:39 pm
View user profile
Posts : 111
Points : 263
Likes Received : 0
Join date : 2013-09-27
makedamnit
  
How can you tell people uses macro in game?
You suggest to ban the people who use it but how?
There's a possibilities that 80% of players are using macro.
How can you ban people using macro where Macro is not a cheat its an Keystroke made by Microsoft not a 3rd party apps im using this one Smile

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/how-to/keyboard/macros

##5 - Posted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:07 pm
View user profile
avatar

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Posts : 1445
Points : 1871
Likes Received : 35
Join date : 2014-01-22
LEgionDark
  
In my eyes or my view, MacroGamer is a third party program, because it is an outside source, which has no ties with Mazey Flyff. Also, in my view, it should be banned, but I have to put aside my difference. Just cause I voice my opinions or my thoughts, does not mean it is going to happen right away. I always leave these things up to Mazey, who is the Owner as well as Grey, who is our community manager.



Last edited by LEgionDark on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

##6 - Posted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:55 pm
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2957
Points : 2139
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
@LEgionDark wrote:Here is from my experince as a former MacroGamer user. MacroGamer does not only do Switching, it can be used for AFK farming, no stop skill casting and so on.... How I know? I kind of discovered a bug with the MacroGamer that can prevent a player from moving for its spot but still be able to cast a skill on a target without stepping into a danger of getting killed or attack.

The reason why I am cautious about doing Re-Seige, cause I'm full aware that MacroGamer can actual caused a d/c and a lag, since I have experience it.  

Indeed. I'm well aware of this too. Macro can be used for AFK farming. I know some players from other private server that uses macro to farm or level his weapon or shield. But here, I don't think that it will be useful since we have like "afk status." I could be wrong here, since I don't know how macro really works.

@makedamnit wrote:How can you tell people uses macro in game?
You suggest to ban the people who use it but how?
There's a possibilities that 80% of players are using macro.
How can you ban people using macro where Macro is not a cheat its an Keystroke made by Microsoft not a 3rd party apps im using this one Smile

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/how-to/keyboard/macros

Of course. It is made by Microsoft for making task lightly and swiftly. But I think that Macro is on the same level as cheat engine. They are both 3rd party program and not related to this game at all. For fair gaming, let's just use what is available in game. I mean, we can always manual switch.

I know the possibilities of Macro users. And majority of it may be siegers. That's why I'm kinda in doubt or I'm kinda ready to receive rants or rages but up to a minimum point. But we all know that macro causes lags, thus, more reports here at forums, more rage too.

I think the staffs can identify which player uses macro or not.(via game logs if I'm not mistaken) I mean even experienced siegers can identify macro users too. I'm not suggesting a ban, who would want that? Considering that I'm a Filipino and majority of my countryman are siegers and might use macro. I mean, we can always give warnings if this will be implemented. I'm not even sure if this will. I just want first and foremost, to listen to what players think regarding macros.

@LEgionDark wrote:I made a guild once about MacroGamer which Grey pointed out that Mazey does not recommend players to be using the MacroGamer. But Mazey does encourage players find another way to switching stuff. ]

Yes. Mazey do not recommend but that doesn't mean that Mazey doesn't allow players to use Macro. As long as Mazey himself is able to state clearly that Macro is not allowed, then the ban hammer will surely take place.

I don't know if there are more switching stuff, but of course there are more, but is that classified as 3rd party program? I mean it is not related in-game and not a part of the game, thus it will fall under the 3rd party program classification where up to the best of my knowledge, is not allowed here in MazeyFlyff.

##7 - Posted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:25 pm
View user profile

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

avatar

Jagger12

Member
Posts : 57
Points : 147
Likes Received : 1
Join date : 2014-03-25
Jagger12
  
well 80% using macro and im using macro if u make the macro illegal here ur players will be few and macro is made by microsoft

##9 - Posted on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:14 pm
View user profile
avatar

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Posts : 1445
Points : 1871
Likes Received : 35
Join date : 2014-01-22
LEgionDark
  
Well There is no GM Mode: No Swapping, which will cause Macrogamer to not work.

##10 - Posted on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:15 am
View user profile
avatar

Daily

Head Admin¦Community Manager
Head Admin¦Community Manager
Posts : 1551
Points : 10233
Likes Received : 156
Join date : 2013-11-09
Bulbasaur  Charmander  Eevee  Pikachu  Snorlax  Squirtle  Vulpix 
Daily
  
@LEgionDark wrote:Well There is no GM Mode: No Swapping, which will cause Macrogamer to not work.


Okay so that made no sense.

Anyway, now we have new Siege Mode, which Im guessing is what he meant (???), therefore any form of switching/changing gear is impossible.

##11 - Posted on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


♪♫ Yeah I’m young, 21, living in a crazy world
But I know the difference between a man and a herb ♪♫
View user profile http://www.mazeyflyff.com/

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2957
Points : 2139
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
@Daily wrote:
@LEgionDark wrote:Well There is no GM Mode: No Swapping, which will cause Macrogamer to not work.


Okay so that made no sense.

Anyway, now we have new Siege Mode, which Im guessing is what he meant (???), therefore any form of switching/changing gear is impossible.

Yes. I guess because of the new GS mode, then at least it would be a fair game for some of the players.

##13 - Posted on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:11 pm
View user profile
avatar

Ramon

Ex-GM
Posts : 233
Points : 259
Likes Received : 9
Join date : 2014-07-18
Ramon
  
@Shai wrote:
@Daily wrote:
@LEgionDark wrote:Well There is no GM Mode: No Swapping, which will cause Macrogamer to not work.


Okay so that made no sense.

Anyway, now we have new Siege Mode, which Im guessing is what he meant (???), therefore any form of switching/changing gear is impossible.

Yes. I guess because of the new GS mode, then at least it would be a fair game for some of the players.

It's not like using a macro is that hard e_e

Using a macro is not unfair since it is a FREE ressource everybody can use, IF they just WANT to. It's basically like saying donating is unfair, some people donate and get their equipment relatively easy, others don't and have to farm a long time to get to the same point, but then again donating is OPTIONAL for everone on this server.

##14 - Posted on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:11 pm
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2957
Points : 2139
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
Florentina wrote:
It's not like using a macro is that hard e_e

Using a macro is not unfair since it is a FREE ressource everybody can use, IF they just WANT to. It's basically like saying donating is unfair, some people donate and get their equipment relatively easy, others don't and have to farm a long time to get to the same point, but then again donating is OPTIONAL for everone on this server.

I get your point. But comparing a macro to donation is completely out of the picture though. I mean donating means instant PRO items. And I don't think that using macro is instant PRO too.

And yes, macro is optional, but not anybody can afford to use them. And yes, it's not their fault and they should learn to use it, but we are talking about newbies here. Not completely newbies in game, but newbies at siege compared to some PRO siegers, like you, and other players. I was just thinking a way to make the siege a little more balanced for some players.


##15 - Posted on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:21 pm
View user profile
avatar

Ramon

Ex-GM
Posts : 233
Points : 259
Likes Received : 9
Join date : 2014-07-18
Ramon
  
Of course it's not "instant PRO". You got to know what you are doing with your macro, but that's not really hard.

I never really sieged on any other private server before, I started sieging here on Mazey about 2 months ago, getting used to a macro takes no longer than a few sieges. The problem I see is that most players that don't use macro simply dont WANT to use it because it's too hectic for them.
There's also a few classes that don't require macro (Menta, Templar, Arca) and those classes still do great in standard sieges. I see that not everybody wants to experience the "hectic style" of using macro but thats their own preference. Siege is alot about practice, thats what I experienced myself, you can get MVP without using macro (though it may be pretty hard as YJ and FM).

But yea as already mentioned since we now have the no swapping siege players that don't use macro can always join them, I was just giving my opinion on that whole topic ^^

##16 - Posted on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:39 pm
View user profile
avatar

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Posts : 2957
Points : 2139
Likes Received : 207
Join date : 2013-10-24
Snorlax 
Shai
  
Yeah, sure. I like that you expressed your comment. I mean, from a PRO sieger that is. Anyways, I agree that Macro is kind of complicated and the players who learned how to use it clearly has some of the advantages. Maybe it's the prize they gain for studying Macro program. You really are a great person. I mean, I expected that we will have some hot debates but you are just nice. I hope I can have a word in you in-game someday. Smile

Nevertheless, I'll just leave this topic open for references and stuff.

##17 - Posted on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:48 pm
View user profile
avatar

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Posts : 1445
Points : 1871
Likes Received : 35
Join date : 2014-01-22
LEgionDark
  
I had never heard about Macro program until about two year ago or so. The thing that I have notice is, that the Macro is always set up to run at 5 seconds.

Another thing is, having it set to be under 5 seconds, is truly pushing it too far, to point that Flyff coding/program wouldn't be able to keep up with the speed of the Macro. That is why Macro and Flyff are always clashing between each other. in causing lagging and d/c.

For an example: Push 1 on the numpad 1 opens up slot row #1, then it will go through the series of Fbuttons in the slot row #1.

Macro is uses the short cuts of flyff short cut hotkeys programing. Just the same way, if its being run in the manual way by our fingers. Macro is actually locate, run, end, delay.....each item on the Fbutton. That is where the standard 5 seconds comes to play.

Even though Flyff has 8 slots, Macro can use 0 through 9 or more on the numpad key, which Macro is actually a multiple button program software.

##18 - Posted on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:19 am
View user profile

ozamaboy

Jr. Member
Posts : 26
Points : 161
Likes Received : 1
Join date : 2013-07-14
ozamaboy
  
No To Macro XD

##19 - Posted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:29 am
View user profile
avatar

Kn0ckz

Newbie
Posts : 7
Points : 9
Likes Received : 0
Join date : 2014-09-06
Kn0ckz
  
Using macro is pro.


##20 - Posted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:18 am
View user profile

Sponsored content

Sponsored content
  


##21 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum