You are not connected. Please login or register

IP History

Taheru

Taheru

IP History EmptyPosts : 270
Taheru

Hello everyone and thanks for reading this thread..

As the title says, i know some people might disagree about this suggestion but i found this really helpful for people who wants they're account protected.

Showing the ip history and your own ip whenever you log in your account on the website would be really helpful because your able to see whoever log in your account in that day/time.

That's about it. Thanks for yar time reading this thread and have a good one~

##1 - Posted Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:48 pm
LadyLilith

LadyLilith

IP History EmptyPosts : 47
LadyLilith

I would point out something. First off, Mazey does not encourage players to share their accounts with another player. So by sharing the account, a player is using a human error, in which can lead to having the items stolen or have the items sold.

##2 - Posted Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:20 pm
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
IP History EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

Taheru wrote:Hello everyone and thanks for reading this thread..

As the title says, i know some people might disagree about this suggestion but i found this really helpful for people who wants they're account protected.

Showing the ip history and your own ip whenever you log in your account on the website would be really helpful because your able to see whoever log in your account in that day/time.

That's about it. Thanks for yar time reading this thread and have a good one~
If I got this correctly, you want the IP details shown at the website every time you log in your account so that you can see if it was opened by another account so you could pinpoint the location right?

At some point, it will be good to keep track of your account. But we have to consider that IP address is a confidential information. And once you got hacked and the hacker logged in to the website, then he could see your IP address there. I don't know what kind of damage a hacker can do with an IP address. But I'm pretty sure that somehow there will be one. And we have to consider that some players share their accounts especially at siege when they want other person to open their 'couple' for additional stats. With just that, the player can know other players details which should be left confidential and should not be related in-game at all.

I don't want to be cynical here, but I guess there is a hidden motive lying somewhere along this suggestion. I'll give this a -1 though.

##3 - Posted Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:50 pm
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
IP History EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

It's a big -1 from me. Even Facebook doesn't give out the IP-adress of the device that had logged in your Facebook account whenever Facebook suspect unauthoritized account access. I hope you see my point there.

##4 - Posted Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:59 pm
WeedLove

WeedLove

IP History EmptyPosts : 294
WeedLove

-1 totally agree with the 3 people above me.

##5 - Posted Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:18 pm
Grey

Grey

Administrator
Administrator
IP History EmptyPosts : 1208
Jigglypuff  Psyduck 
Grey

In addition to above statements, IP changes when router was being turned off/reset, as a result, you will certainly see list of different IP addresses on your logs not unless you have a static IP. As observed, most players have dynamic IP addresses and it will be difficult for them to identify each of those listed except only if they want to manually log their IPs from time to time whenever it changes. The best thing you can do to protect your account from being accessed by others is to take extra careful in your account details. Never fill forms to any fake/phishing sites, check for keylogger programs on public computer shops, perform a regular virus/malware scan on your computer system and most importantly, avoid sharing your account details to ANYONE.

##6 - Posted Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:13 am
anatayGrande

anatayGrande

IP History EmptyPosts : 18
anatayGrande

I agree with the people above as well about not displaying the IP history of your logins, that can prove more harmful for you than it is helpful..

##7 - Posted Wed May 06, 2015 10:30 am

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

IP History Empty
Sponsored content

##9 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum