You are not connected. Please login or register

Teamspeak!

Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Jotaro

Jotaro

Teamspeak! EmptyPosts : 12
Jotaro

Hey guys, I was talking to one of my guild members yesterday and we were discussing about how there should be a large room Teamspeak so we can all join and talk to each other while we are playing. Smile If anything i'll help fund this for sure.

Doesn't have to be limited to teamspeak, there is Ventrilo, RaidCall, Mumble, but whatever it is it'll be a great wait to get the entire community together and can all talk together.

- Jotaro

##1 - Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:21 am
Daily

Daily

Head Admin¦Community Manager
Head Admin¦Community Manager
Teamspeak! EmptyPosts : 1563
Bulbasaur  Charmander  Eevee  Pikachu  Snorlax  Squirtle  Vulpix 
Daily

Good idea but I can't imagine 200 people on a weekend shouting over each other xD

A Channel for a Guild would of been a better solution :p

##2 - Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:14 am
http://www.mazeyflyff.com/

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Ninabu

Ninabu

Teamspeak! EmptyPosts : 91
Ninabu

sorry Kevin... I know how much you are enthusiastic about this idea but I don't think it will work. You can always make one still and invite your Mazey friends because half of Mazey talks a different language and so many people talking.. so much noise and so much lag. I don't think it's really important or needed and there is always Skype.

##4 - Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 pm
nielson

nielson

Teamspeak! EmptyPosts : 62
nielson

you mean Mazey cannot handle this situation lag because of shouting 200+ players.. how can we enlarge the community?

##5 - Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:15 pm

nielson

nielson

nielson

Viva wrote:That's not what he means.. He's talking about a Teamspeak group discussion chat where everyone can talk with each other.

i see.. face the reality we dont have place for chat in the game. this is game not chat room. Very Happy if they want chat room then go here in forum. we have chat box here. Very Happy

##7 - Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:52 pm
Jotaro

Jotaro

Jotaro

I understand that, but the GREAT thing about Teamspeak, you can make multiple rooms and I can easily add rooms for guilds and different language talk rooms. You guys don't know the flexibility of teamspeak! Can definitely make it work, just give me some time see if I can get the admins to agree and I'll help get a server.

Plus it's purely optional, people needs mics to communicate and stuff like that. I have to find a server that can appeal to everyone so I might go something like Western USA.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3

##8 - Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:03 pm
nielson

nielson

nielson

Jotaro wrote:I understand that, but the GREAT thing about Teamspeak, you can make multiple rooms and I can easily add rooms for guilds and different language talk rooms. You guys don't know the flexibility of teamspeak! Can definitely make it work, just give me some time see if I can get the admins to agree and I'll help get a server.

Plus it's purely optional, people needs mics to communicate and stuff like that.  I have to find a server that can appeal to everyone so I might go something like Western USA.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3

apply as a GM. if you passed then implement that "teamspeak". i know you are the one who try to handle it. right?

##9 - Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:19 pm
Jotaro

Jotaro

Jotaro

There is already a lot of GMs applying... so I just want to help the server on the side.

Anyways if the GMs/Admins are interested I can definitely help start it up and help on the side. We are going to need a decent sized server.

##10 - Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Jotaro

Jotaro

Jotaro

Of course it's not. It's only optional. That's why it's only a suggestion. If they are interested, I'll help fund the server unless Mazey or another admin can host it themselves. It's not a bad idea considering people could talk to each other rather then type and you get to know your friends on a personal level!

##12 - Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Jotaro

Jotaro

Jotaro

True but skypes interface isn't to user-friendly for people with computers that aren't so good. Many people are from different countries and don't have rigs like ours(I have a friend who's forced to play in Channel 2 :///). So you want to reduce the amount of lag they get in-game. Skype does take up A LOT of cpu usage and can cause lag. Teamspeak and Ventrilo is much more user-friendly and less CPU demanding. Skype tends to take up A LOT of CPU usage as the call goes up longer, teamspeak anyone can hop in and out without that worry.

Just keeping my interest in the player base not myself.

##14 - Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:11 pm
Bakasura

Bakasura

Teamspeak! EmptyPosts : 27
Bakasura

Honestly, I think this is a GREAT idea!
To all of you saying there will be 200 screaming people...
There are about 200 ppl online usually
Yet there are 5-6 speaking in XAT
I feel like its gonna be the same with teamspeak, so I support this idea.
GREAT idea, and I'd LOVE to see it happen, would be alot of fun!

##15 - Posted Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:58 am

Azall

Azall

Teamspeak! EmptyPosts : 140
Azall

Viva wrote:You guys are only thinking and looking at the positive things that could happen with Teamspeak you have to try and think about the flaws in the plan. It's good that you have this idea and you want the community to be more social with each other, but I don't think it's a good idea having so many people using this when many use Skype even if it causes lag for some.

So your reasoning is that if this will be implanted, your friends won't talk with you in skype? Very Happy

I am not that hyped up with this suggestion myself, but reading some of the comments, people bring up points which doesn't have much to do with original suggestion.

Ye, there is skype, but even if this would be implanted i don't think it would change anythink, like before those who wanna chat with friends in skype will continue doing so, and those few who's friends hop on team speak have 2 options join them or communicate different way, but i think it's kind a self-centered to say that it is a bad suggestion because some of your friends might switch to teamspeak.

##17 - Posted Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Azall

Azall

Azall

Viva wrote:Either way it's their choice to chose whichever one they would like to talk on I don't understand how this would count as a SERVER SUGGESTION.

Any additional information regarding your suggestion would be the best idea.

If it is funded and hosted by the server, i would say it counts as a server suggestion. As i understand it would be channel expecially for the players who play the server.

My comment wasn't attack towards you or anythink, i was simply wondering your aggressive stand towards this suggestion, like you said it's their choice, but same time you bring points how it is not needed and there is skype, when couple of players already pointed out that not all have the option to use it while playing, and if teamspeak really is easier on cpu it would make sense to open the option to all the players, not only to selective few who can manage it.

In many topics like this, i have seen players comment on thinks what would't affect them, and break it down, just because they don't have problem with the think the suggestion is aimed for.

It's good that your computer can handle it, but it would be good to be a bit open minded and not only think your benefit by the suggestion, more like the whole server benefit.

This is not aimed for you Viva, just making a statement.

##19 - Posted Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Azall

Azall

Azall

Viva wrote:How am I being aggressive threw text? I don't understand that, I'm simply saying my opinion nothing more nothing less. You're taking it person if I'm being aggressive. Also, I don't have Skype on my computer. I have it on my phone, it makes it easier for me and also, Skype isn't available for my type of computer. It comes with the computer, yet I don't use it. I wasn't only thinking about myself, I was thinking about the community so you're 'statement' is wrong.

I am not here to flame.. i even mentioned that it wasn't aimed at you, i just spoke my mind, wether you agree with it or not doesn't make it wrong.

Missunderstandings are bound to happen, and it might be i read a bit out of the lines, all that said i don't think it takes anythink away from what i said.
It seems you took it personally, and i aplogize, i could have choosen my words better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the topic, depending how implanted, i don't have problem with this suggestion.

In some extent i agree that it doesn't have massive use or people behind it, tough it might change in time after implanted. My only negative comes from that, how you get people to speak same language, i have used teamspeak in another server where pinoys, where talking in public rooms and it's quite annoying, beside that i don't have much to say about it, implanted or not, it should't effect me much due there is high change i would't use it, but it means i don't have much reason to opposite it either.

##21 - Posted Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:44 pm
nielson

nielson

nielson

here in PH i think more here playing in the computer shop only then not all computer shop have headset to use that teamspeak. and also i think teamspeak is not for big group. it just only for a party/guild members. so its not applicable here.. hehe Very Happy

##22 - Posted Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:08 pm
rhonnx

rhonnx

Verified User
Teamspeak! EmptyPosts : 1104
rhonnx

That'd be siick to see this happen! Nice suggestion! It would be nice to have it since I can't ever fix and download skype T_T Better communication in siege and it would be unique :">

##23 - Posted Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:35 pm
Jotaro

Jotaro

Jotaro

rhonnx wrote:That'd be siick to see this happen! Nice suggestion! It would be nice to have it since I can't ever fix and download skype T_T Better communication in siege and it would be unique :">

I know, I wish people could understand that I could make rooms for guilds so they can use Teamspeak to communicate during sieges n stuff. and skype is pretty buggy sometimes so it'll be a great edition. Theres not much more I can speak about it until I get some real feedback but it's definitely an idea.

##24 - Posted Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:10 pm
Takara

Takara

Teamspeak! EmptyPosts : 494
Takara

I just noticed that almost every singe post on this thread are being + ssed. Looks like they are starting to get abusive on this. You guys should disable it or something, or only allow people to + it a few times a week or months or only allow people that have met a certain requirements to be able to + or something or whatsoever.

##25 - Posted Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:20 pm

Sponsored content

Teamspeak! Empty
Sponsored content

##26 - Posted

Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum