You are not connected. Please login or register

False Alarms: Computer Edition

LostNightmare

LostNightmare

Ex-GM
False Alarms: Computer Edition EmptyPosts : 285
LostNightmare

I just had a mini heart attack thinking my computer was going to explode, so that drove me to see if any of you have gone through any funny situations either.
For this I would like to hear a couple things:
1) What was the seen, heard, felt, or any other type of ''problem''?
2) Was it an actual computer problem?
3) What is the pre-story? (If any.)
4) What did you do to disprove the initial scaring point?
5) Did you have to fix anything?

Here's my story haha:
I have been off and on sick for the past couple days and when I'm sick I get a little cooped up in my house so I have to occupy my time with whatever I can. Well, no friends were online on Mazey so I decided it was a perfect time to re-arrange my room like I have been meaning to for the past couple weeks. During this process I dropped my computer on its side. :< And needless to say I was worried, but when I got my setup back together everything was running fine. A little while after I got sickish so I decided I'm going to lay down for a little, so the obvious happened of course! I fell asleep. Razz Well, when I woke up I decide I'm going to check out the game and forums and all I can here is this loud "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" so I'm just thinking to myself,"Please no.... not now...." so I turn my computer off! Thankfully the noise is still there! Very Happy Turned out to be the light above my computer was just burning out haha. (I have lights at the 4 corners of my room. Razz )

##1 - Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:36 pm

joca94

False Alarms: Computer Edition EmptyPosts : 12
joca94

LostNightmare wrote:I just had a mini heart attack thinking my computer was going to explode, so that drove me to see if any of you have gone through any funny situations either.
For this I would like to hear a couple things:

Here's my story haha:
I have been off and on sick for the past couple days and when I'm sick I get a little cooped up in my house so I have to occupy my time with whatever I can. Well, no friends were online on Mazey so I decided it was a perfect time to re-arrange my room like I have been meaning to for the past couple weeks. During this process I dropped my computer on its side. :< And needless to say I was worried, but when I got my setup back together everything was running fine. A little while after I got sickish so I decided I'm going to lay down for a little, so the obvious happened of course! I fell asleep. :PWell, when I woke up I decide I'm going to check out the game and forums and all I can here is this loud "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" so I'm just thinking to myself,"Please no.... not now...." so I turn my computer off! Thankfully the noise is still there! :DTurned out to be the light above my computer was just burning out haha. (I have lights at the 4 corners of my room. Razz)
At reading your post i thought if was cooler Smile
here is what happened to my PC

Well my PC works like a tractor becouse, its really old , like 8years xD
Yep
Bought PC in may, 2005, ofc after few years i had to clean PC from viruses , OS started crashing 1-3 times a year, PC started working really noisy after few years. After a while , like last year , my motherboard died Sad
I was really scared ofc , becouse at first i thought my Hard died so it would mean probably new PC, which would have been good , but my hopes went down when they diagnosed it was motherboard sad 

I had to change motherboard , and the dude that did it , also gave me a faster CPU HUHU sparkle 
From Sempron 2800+ i went to Sempron 3100+ Laugh 

##2 - Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:35 pm
dhiderate

dhiderate

False Alarms: Computer Edition EmptyPosts : 169
dhiderate

[1]played and get adicted to games on a computer (2008)
[2]1st time experienced BSD, researched about it for a few nights(2)
[3]Learned too much including tweaks, that my classmates hire me as a fucking technician for their home computers.
[4]Got Friends+money! LOLOL

##3 - Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:29 am

Sponsored content

False Alarms: Computer Edition Empty
Sponsored content

##4 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum