[SECURITY] Log in pin code

JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
[SECURITY] Log in pin code EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

There have been issues where some players have been hacked for different reasons. That's why I would like to suggest a small box popping up after choosing a character upon logging into the game. Here you will have to enter your bank pin.

##1 - Posted Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:44 am
Atlas

Atlas

Game Master
Game Master
[SECURITY] Log in pin code EmptyPosts : 245
Atlas

most servers do have this type of security and I do agree it helps some what. But if its a hacking issue wouldn't most players know the bank pin to the account they are hacking into?

##2 - Posted Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:48 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
[SECURITY] Log in pin code EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

JackSparrowYAY wrote:There have been issues where some players have been hacked for different reasons. That's why I would like to suggest a small box popping up after choosing a character upon logging into the game. Here you will have to enter your bank pin.
+1 for me. I think it's about time we have a pin for characters. I mean, I played some p servers and most of them have this kind of feature.

Atlas wrote:most servers do have this type of security and I do agree it helps some what. But if its a hacking issue wouldn't most players know the bank pin to the account they are hacking into?
I believe bank pin is hard to know. But then again, it just boils down to the amount of information an account user share. I mean, even if we have this kind of feature, but then the owner of the account shared the pin as well; then it'll still be hacked.

But a preemptive feature like this won't hurt us especially against scam and stuff.

##3 - Posted Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:15 am
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
[SECURITY] Log in pin code EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

I think it can be an advantage in a way like this:

For instance, some players may be really unlucky and accidentally or even without knowing it
download a key logger. With a bank pin code where you enter the code using your mouse instead of keyboard, you will prevent the hacker from unauthorizedly accessing the game with a person's character(s). This is an "extreme" scenario though, so a smart player would regularly scan his or her computer for spies, viruset and problematic programs.

However if the hacked person actually gave his bank pin to the hacker, then it's another story x)

Last edited by JackSparrowYAY on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total

##4 - Posted Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:33 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
[SECURITY] Log in pin code EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

Makes sense. I didn't know that it can help prevent key loggers too. With that being said, then this is just a 'must' suggestion to implement I guess.

##5 - Posted Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:38 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
[SECURITY] Log in pin code EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

I have seen the second password pop up being a numpad, where the log-in would have use a mouse to pick the code, but the numpad second password would even change where the numkeys are not at the same spot.

##6 - Posted Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:28 am

Sponsored content

[SECURITY] Log in pin code Empty
Sponsored content

##7 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum