You are not connected. Please login or register

Bring Rangers back into the game

Collateral

Collateral

Bring Rangers back into the game EmptyPosts : 9
Collateral

Hey

I would love to play a Ranger again but I guess the problem is the immense blockrate and/or the (low?) PVP Damage the class does. Maybe some balancing would help (lowering the block rate of classes), that could also bring 1on1 RM/BP into the game.
More Classes to play - less monotone sieges - more fun!

##1 - Posted Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:20 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Bring Rangers back into the game EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

1. There is already 1on1 RM/BP in this game. It has always been there ever since the Wipe of June 2013.
2. Rangers are the 2nd Best class in farming with their Condor Drive Skill.
3. There has always been more classes to play.
4. There is no problem with the Sieges.

##2 - Posted Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:57 am
Collateral

Collateral

Collateral

1. Sure there always have been 1on1 RM/BPs but I haven't seen a single one in the past Sieges
2. I am not talking about farming, I am talking about Siege, clearly this server is about siege, if you wanted to farm alot why would you choose the 2nd best class instead of the best?
3. Sure but sieges are getting dominating by the amount of FM and YJs with the exception of a few sieges where you can find some Eles ect.
4. If you are saying that there is no problem in siege when there are only TWO classes which are playable (again, few exceptions) then thats just ridiculous.

Rangers should be able to compete in Siege just like any other class is. The problem I see here is that Ranger alongside the Slayer is the only class that relies heavily on getting their attacks through the immense blockrate of the other classes. Its with most servers that only BPs are viable, on this one we luckily have the YJ but I think this server deserves to be in a special place where more than just 2 classes can be played successfully in siege

##3 - Posted Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:44 pm
WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Administrator
Administrator
Bring Rangers back into the game EmptyPosts : 959
Medal  Bulbasaur  Charmander  Squirtle 
WhiteNoise

FD Arcanists also dominates the siege.. Not only FM and Harle are sieging. You can join guild siege using any class bro, but it's up to you what tactics you're going to use. It always comes down to battle tactics/strategy. I mean, FMs use Asal (Asalraalaikum), just asal then run around like chickens. If they lower the blockrate of other classes then that means Crackshooters will be able to kill with ease, because they only need to hit, no cooldown. On the other hand, Harlequins uses HoP (Hit of Penya/Penya Strike) then like FMs, run around like chickens then use Dark Illusion, then strike again (or use other skills/combo). Just pick the one you think you can gather the most points with. Also, I see Harlequins dominating the siege these days because they have many helpful skills which can be use in many ways.. That's why they're known as the best tacticians in PvP.

##4 - Posted Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:14 pm
Collateral

Collateral

Collateral

As I said its mostly FM and Harle with a few exceptions, those exceptions are mostly Arcas. Still, the distribution of classes in Siege is like 45% FM 45% Harle 10% other. It shouldn't be like that.
Lowering the Blockrate was just one suggestion to balance stuff a bit better, there should be other ways, too. Also I didn't say lower the blockrate to 0%. Rangers will drop from one Skill of Arcanists, one HoP, one Asal so they have pretty high damage output on the cost of nearly NO survivabillity. When lowering the Blockrate some skills could be get important again as they should be (i.e. Perfect Block)

But again, this is the suggestion topic and I am just making suggestions based on what I can see in the game right now

##5 - Posted Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:23 am
WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Administrator
Administrator
WhiteNoise

Yes, this is the suggestion thread that's why i am giving my opinion. And my opinion is, there are no problems in siege. The only ones with a problem are those people who want perfectly balanced classes knowing that they made different classes because they have different purposes and expertise. It's like saying that the crocodile should be able to climb trees too because it's unfair that the monkey can and they can't.

##6 - Posted Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:18 am
Collateral

Collateral

Collateral

That comparison is absolutely ridiculous. We are talking about a game, and a game needs certain balance. Yes I said certain balance, NOT perfect balance. Perfect balance is unhealthy for the progress of a game and cannot be achieved in any way whatsoever. But since this server relies heavily on Player vs Player combat it should be the goal to make sure that as many classes as possible get the chance to be viable in this aspect.

Of course they made different classes with different purposes but that was the intend from the official servers lol. On this server the balance of the classes should be the most important part. The farming is the second aspect, of course, but you don't need a balance between classes in farming. Why would you? Everyone can level up an Arcanist in no time and go farming with that. No player vs player combat involved, no one gets a disadvantage. But in siege people get forced on certain classes (FM, Harle, Arca).

##7 - Posted Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:18 am
WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Administrator
Administrator
WhiteNoise

That comparison makes more sense than your suggestion.. Okay. First, I never said that you want a perfectly balanced server, I said "some" people.. I never said you're one of those people. Second, I just said that there's no problem in siege.. Again, The classes are best in their own field and no one is stopping you to join the siege using other classes. Third, I'm just saying that i do not agree in lowering the block rate which you have suggested in the first place (I don't want to lose the only thing that protects you from bosses.). And Lastly, If they're going to do this.. They could and should find another way.

##8 - Posted Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:37 am

ozamaboy

Bring Rangers back into the game EmptyPosts : 26
ozamaboy

go buy prems with hit rate % it will help

##9 - Posted Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:51 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Bring Rangers back into the game EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

I agree with FishFillet is saying. This server is going to be the way that Mazey and the Staff Team is going to spend time in changing and adding new stuff to the game. We can not expect them to do everything that we want them to do. This server is about being unique and having things that will stick out from the other servers.

##10 - Posted Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:36 am
Crackshooter

Crackshooter

Bring Rangers back into the game EmptyPosts : 18
Crackshooter

I am a FD ranger and all I can say is, if they had PERFECT hit, we would wipe the floor. The damage for rangers is just bad, im doing 40m a shot, but my charges are 1b+, HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?

##11 - Posted Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:09 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Bring Rangers back into the game EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

Crackshooter wrote:I am a FD ranger and all I can say is, if they had PERFECT hit, we would wipe the floor. The damage for rangers is just bad, im doing 40m a shot, but my charges are 1b+, HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?

Indeed, you can possible wipe the floor with "perfect hit" and I guess that's why hit rate can't be perfect. And about the damage, are you sure 40m for a FD ranger? Seems a little too low, I remember hitting higher than that with my ranger. But maybe we differ in awakes and builds considering that your charges are 1b+(if it's true). I think hit rate for cracks can be raised by a minimum amount and the damage too and it won't be unfair to other class considering the fact that then can just spam mantis if they hit. And that's another con when it comes to crack. They hit low and players just spam mantis.

##12 - Posted Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:04 pm
Crackshooter

Crackshooter

Bring Rangers back into the game EmptyPosts : 18
Crackshooter

Shai wrote:
Crackshooter wrote:I am a FD ranger and all I can say is, if they had PERFECT hit, we would wipe the floor. The damage for rangers is just bad, im doing 40m a shot, but my charges are 1b+, HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?

Indeed, you can possible wipe the floor with "perfect hit" and I guess that's why hit rate can't be perfect. And about the damage, are you sure 40m for a FD ranger? Seems a little too low, I remember hitting higher than that with my ranger. But maybe we differ in awakes and builds considering that your charges are 1b+(if it's true). I think hit rate for cracks can be raised by a minimum amount and the damage too and it won't be unfair to other class considering the fact that then can just spam mantis if they hit. And that's another con when it comes to crack. They hit low and players just spam mantis.

Slight bug, just had to reequip it all. Plus the orange cotton candy reduced my damage. :s

##13 - Posted Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:22 pm
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Bring Rangers back into the game EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

Ain't that sucks sometimes? You know the bugs and stuff. Smile

##14 - Posted Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:34 pm

Sponsored content

Bring Rangers back into the game Empty