You are not connected. Please login or register

Abolish martket thread topic rule

Volcom

Volcom

Abolish martket thread topic rule EmptyPosts : 26
Volcom

Hello,

Recently i've been trying to buy and sell items and this "new" market rule, (It's new to me, as I just rejoined) Is really annoying. This is a quote of the rule thread:

"To lessen the topics, I introduce the new market thread rule. A single account/forum user can only make one(1) topic on the market thread. It will be titled like: "Shai's(name) Buying/Selling/Trading Thread" or "Shai's(name) B/S/T Thread" or any name as long as it is for buying/selling/trading purposes." - Shai

I find this rule extremely annoying as it completely erases all marketing/advertising aspects when selling your ingame items here. Now for example I am looking for Mentalist items. I'm a busy man so i don't have all the time in the world, however, i'm forced to open every single damn market thread just to find what i am looking for. This is extremely time wasting and it has an exteremly negative impact on the forum item trade.
This came into mind again today when I saw a player create a post " selling kalgas weapons ", by all means If a player wishes to Buy/Sell/Trade at the same time, yes then it is very useful to have one thread under the title B/S/T, However if for example the player who is "selling kalgas weapons" Is only selling kalgas weapons. Why the heck can't the thread remain titled "Selling Kalgas Weapons", it would aid his sales immensely.

Ofcourse with my complaint comes a solution.
Players should still only be restricted to having one(1) Market thread. However they are free to edit and change the display title as they wish, as long as it remains as 1 thread. If players want to remove their thread all they have to do is private message a staff member.
If for example a player is doing multiple things at once (Buying,Selling,Trading) Then their thread must be labelled B/S/T, however if they only wish to do one at a time it should be allowed to be named as they please.

I understand this rule was implemented for the "clean up" and to improve organisation within the forums. However a much simpler approach would have been to create sub-topics, or that which i have stated above ^.

Cheers,

Volcom

##1 - Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:10 am

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Abolish martket thread topic rule EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

I understand where you are coming from. And I must say that you have a valid point too. But as you stated, I made the rule for "cleaning up" and much more organized market topic. I mean, you weren't here before the rule was implemented and Market Section looks very crowded with different topics. Thus, spamming the Archives section more.

And editing the title as you stated, is not a bad idea rather than contacting an Admin to fix it. It is really a good idea. But if Grey can manage to adjust the settings here at Forums to grant a Forum account to edit the title of his/her own market topic, then it would be good.

And if a player wants to remove his/her topic then they just have to contact via private message a staff member right? Imagine how much spam it would bring on the inbox considering the fact that Admins have tons of things to attend to just by technical problems only. Not to mention ban appeals or account problems. I do understand that it should be my priority too, but the reason I made this rule is to prevent troubles and hassles to us, staff members, when it could be dealt with a much more organized way. Perhaps it is your annoyance of the said rule that is why you want it to be demolished. Though I really can't blame you for it.

Nevertheless, I don't have problem with this suggestion. Even if it means that it will tear down the rule that I made. At the end of the day, my only concern, as a Forum Mod, is to keep the Forums clean. If this will mean a new job or a new rule for me to implement, then so it be. I mean the only thing I'm doing as a Forum Mod is to attend on the very rule I made. But it's completely fine with me. As long as it is for the entire Forum's sake then I have nothing against this. Smile

##3 - Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:20 pm
Daily

Daily

Head Admin¦Community Manager
Abolish martket thread topic rule EmptyPosts : 1563
Bulbasaur  Charmander  Eevee  Pikachu  Snorlax  Squirtle  Vulpix 
Daily

Shai wrote:
1. And editing the title as you stated, is not a bad idea rather than contacting an Admin to fix it. It is really a good idea. But if Grey can manage to adjust the settings here at Forums to grant a Forum account to edit the title of his/her own market topic, then it would be good.

2. And if a player wants to remove his/her topic then they just have to contact via private message a staff member right? Imagine how much spam it would bring on the inbox considering the fact that Admins have tons of things to attend to just by technical problems only. Not to mention ban appeals or account problems. I do understand that it should be my priority too, but the reason I made this rule is to prevent troubles and hassles to us, staff members, when it could be dealt with a much more organized way. Perhaps it is your annoyance of the said rule that is why you want it to be demolished. Though I really can't blame you for it.

1. It is possible for the person to edit their topic title. Simply edit the 1st post and the Subject box is there. There is no reason to change settings on actual forum for that.
2. Deleting/Moving topics isn't a hassle, at all. It is part of our job if need be.

##4 - Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:49 pm
http://www.mazeyflyff.com/
Amnesty

Amnesty

Game Master
Game Master
Abolish martket thread topic rule EmptyPosts : 188
Amnesty

I personally dislike the idea of having a mandatory naming scheme. As mentioned above, a well named thread can eliminate the need to peruse every single topic in the forum.

As it stands now, I don't even bother looking at the market section because it's just so ridiculous.

##5 - Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:35 am
Volcom

Volcom

Volcom

Daily wrote:
1. It is possible for the person to edit their topic title. Simply edit the 1st post and the Subject box is there. There is no reason to change settings on actual forum for that.
2. Deleting/Moving topics isn't a hassle, at all. It is part of our job if need be.

Thanks Alex for confirming this. I also remembered successfully editing a title before.

Also a quote from Amnesty
Amnesty wrote:I personally dislike the idea of having a mandatory naming scheme. As mentioned above, a well named thread can eliminate the need to peruse every single topic in the forum. As it stands now, I don't even bother looking at the market section because it's just so ridiculous.

A rule should be created to better the system and benefit it's users.
In my opinion this rule completely annihilates the systems purpose (which is free trade) and discourages users to use the system. (Market Area).

Shai wrote:I mean, you weren't here before the rule was implemented and Market Section looks very crowded with different topics. Thus, spamming the Archives section more

Shai, Infact I was here before this rule was created. I just quit for a little while. Neverless, that's not my point, my point is that the market thread did not look 'crowded'. In most cases there were just as many threads. usually one per person. Threads were just simply not named exactly the same as they are now which now creates this allusion of organisation.
Also, it's a markets nature to be dis-organised and crowded. Where i live whenever i go to a market it's packed with people trying to sell different and similar things. It's a markets nature.

I stand strongly by my suggestion which is to give users the freedom of naming their threads as they wish. Users should be limited to one thread though.

##6 - Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:22 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Abolish martket thread topic rule EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

Daily wrote:1. It is possible for the person to edit their topic title. Simply edit the 1st post and the Subject box is there. There is no reason to change settings on actual forum for that.

About number 1., that I didn't know. My bad. Lol. Thanks for the heads up. I mean I didn't had the chance to edit my Market topic name because I named it like the format I introduced. I mean I assumed early that Market topics should be named like that for more organized section.

2. Yeah. I guess you are correct about that.

Volcom wrote:

Shai, Infact I was here before this rule was created. I just quit for a little while. Neverless, that's not my point, my point is that the market thread did not look 'crowded'. In most cases there were just as many threads. usually one per person. Threads were just simply not named exactly the same as they are now which now creates this allusion of organisation.
Also, it's a markets nature to be dis-organised and crowded. Where i live whenever i go to a market it's packed with people trying to sell different and similar things. It's a markets nature.

I stand strongly by my suggestion which is to give users the freedom of naming their threads as they wish. Users should be limited to one thread though.

Sure I understand. But market's nature? I mean after I implemented the rule, the market looks really organized. Though might be ridiculous as GM Amnesty pointed out. But nevertheless, my point is, it can be organized even with that 'so-called' market nature.

I didn't realized that the rule I implemented have this kind of negative effect to players and even the same staff members like me. And I really apologize for that. All I want is to 'clean-up' and organize the Market section and doing what I signed up for. I mean, it is good that someone stand out for this because if not, then I wouldn't know what I was doing wrong. I assumed that the Market section is looking good and organized but I guess I was wrong. Because it rather looks ridiculous. But nonetheless, as I mentioned above, I don't have any problem with this suggestion, really. And considering that you have a valid point too. I don't mind at all. And judging from the comments of the staff members, this topic is nowhere to go but at the Accepted Suggestion Section. I will have to wait for the formality of this topic to be moved there and after that I will make the necessary alterations and demolish the said rule.

Have a good day ahead.

##7 - Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:10 pm
AdoboMix

AdoboMix

Abolish martket thread topic rule EmptyPosts : 34
AdoboMix

+1 volcom
how about making 3 sections in market Buying , Trading , Selling Section ...sometimes other player rush then if they want to trade or buy then they click the Trade or Buy Section in market and find what they want

##8 - Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:21 pm
WeedLove

WeedLove

Abolish martket thread topic rule EmptyPosts : 294
WeedLove

AdoboMix wrote: how about making 3 sections in market Buying , Trading , Selling Section ...sometimes other player rush then if they want to trade or buy then they click the Trade or Buy Section in market and find what they want

How about make you own suggestion? just kidding! Don't you think it will just make it more "crowded" having 3 sub-section in market section? Smile

##9 - Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:29 pm
Daily

Daily

Daily

WeedLove wrote:
AdoboMix wrote: how about making 3 sections in market Buying , Trading , Selling Section ...sometimes other player rush then if they want to trade or buy then they click the Trade or Buy Section in market and find what they want

How about make you own suggestion? just kidding! Don't you think it will just make it more "crowded" having 3 sub-section in market section? Smile

It doesn't necessary have to be crowded. It would be an easier way to find or search through topics.
Just like now we have sub-sections for Accepted/Rejected Suggestions.

##10 - Posted Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:04 am
Volcom

Volcom

Volcom

So, what's happened to this? a little update please Mad

##11 - Posted Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:00 am
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Abolish martket thread topic rule EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

Yeah, a little update would be nice, Volcom xD

Anyway, I think there have been posts in this thread mentioning important points, and also many good arguments to be read.
Ps! This post is long. If you want to know what my opinions are, just scroll down. xD

Volcom wrote:
Shai wrote:Shai, Infact I was here before this rule was created. I just quit for a little while. Neverless, that's not my point, my point is that the market thread did not look 'crowded'. In most cases there were just as many threads. usually one per person. Threads were just simply not named exactly the same as they are now which now creates this allusion of organisation.

Sure I understand. But market's nature? I mean after I implemented the rule, the market looks really organized. Though might be ridiculous as GM Amnesty pointed out. But nevertheless, my point is, it can be organized even with that 'so-called' market nature.

It is correct that the now organized Market Forums looks cleaned up, but is it really necessary? The market nature is as Volcom said, made to be dis-organised and crowded. In my point of view, a crowded market is an attractive place for both businessmen (and women) and customers. I believe that more threads will have more posts and updates/bumps, as people will not give up using the Market Forums as a way of advertising their items for sale as they realize that some people actually are Reading their posts. What do I mean by this?

I mean by using a very important feature; the Search Box, we can find items that we are looking for. Let's say that I simply want to buy a Shadow Sword. Then I can type in the Search Box: Shadow Sword, and threads made by people who are selling this item shows up. Isn't that brilliant? cheers

This might be how the market forums was ealier. I don't really know, because I didn't use the market forums before the new market rules were implemented.

I also want to comment the idea of making a "Buying", "Trading" and "Selling" section from AdoboMix. To me, it isn't really necessary, and it is not similar to Accepted/Rejected Suggestions. The reason is: for the Suggestions-section, I believe that only the administrators of the forums are allowed to move threads to different sections (please say me if this is incorrect). With a buying, trading and selling section, anyone can post their topics there. But it would be rediculous to make a thread in the Buying section if I wanted to buy a Slayer Aurum SOPA ICD, and another thread in the Trade section because I want to trade my Forcemaster Aurum SOPA STR to the Slayer Aurum. Also I have to make another thread in the Selling section, because I want to sell my FM Aurum to have enough Money for the Slayer Aurum that I really want to buy.

Instead of stressing about this, I could simply make a thread called: "Georgie's Slayer Aurum SOPA ICD for sale/trade". Then people who are interested in buying a Slayer Aurum can easily "visit da store". Hopefully someone with fm aurum will show up :3

Ps! I agree in that there should be only one thread per account. In this way, I believe that the Market Forums has the opportunity to be crowded at the same time as clean. The Forum Moderator will not have a hard time finding people who are violating the market and forum rules. In my opinion, we should all in most cases prioritize the players the most at the same time as to make sure that the Forum Moderator, the Game Administrator and the Game Masters are able to do their job. And in this case, everyone has argued against the new market rules. Even one of the Event Game Masters says that the market section is now rediculous.

SUM UP: I just wanted to say that I have used 2 loooong hours to write a post in this thread about a topic I find very important. Anyway: The Market Forums should be free for all. No mandatory topic names. In this way, people can advertise their sales' items easier, and the Market Forums will still be clean.

##12 - Posted Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:26 am
Daily

Daily

Daily

The Suggestion has been ACCEPTED.

Please refer to THIS post for new Market Thread Rules.

##13 - Posted Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Sponsored content

Abolish martket thread topic rule Empty
Sponsored content

##14 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum