You are not connected. Please login or register

Abnormally high cpu usage

Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Abnormally high cpu usage EmptyPosts : 61
Fapplecake

I hope this is the right place for this topic:

So what I've noticed the past few days is that the mazey client is using way too much resources. I'm running a core i5 4690k @ 3.9 ghz and just the mazey client along is using over 30% of my cpu capacity on all 4 cores. I know this is recent because last week I could still run 6 clients without going over 50% load. When I run 2-3 clients now, it drops my framerate drastically and the load increases to 98% combined. I've also heard from a few others that they're experiencing more lag, lower framerates, freezing etc, especially when certain skills are used near them, such as resurrection.

Of course, I don't have to explain how this is affecting the experience of playing here. I'd like to get some feedback and, if possible, a solution.

With kind regards,

Fapplecake, whose jimmies are feeling a bit rustled

##1 - Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:47 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Abnormally high cpu usage EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

Yes,it is known that Flyff program likes to take up additional spaces. When to comes to dual logging, always use Ctrl+Alt+delete to open the Windows Task Manager to make sure that the dual logging clients had been completed exited out. Also if you are able to gain the excess to the resource monitor, via the Windows Task Manager, which that can explain of how CPU is being spent running by other programs. Yes, it is usually Nuez.exe that takes up most of the CPU usage. Yes also make sure you run the window disk cleaner or the cleaner all the time, when you exit out of the internet web search programs. Also, restart your pic once awhile, which by that it can reduce the heating of your pic.

Last edited by LEgionDark on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

##2 - Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:07 pm
Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Fapplecake

LEgionDark wrote:Yes,it is known that Flyff program likes to take up additional spaces. When to comes to dual logging, always use Ctrl+Alt+delete to open the Windows Task Manager to make sure that the dual logging clients had been completed exited out. Also if you are able to gain the excess to the resource monitor, via the Windows Task Manager, which that can explain of how CPU is being spent running by other programs. Yes, it is usually Nuez.exe that takes up most of the CPU usage.

I know how computers work, thanks. I've done a full reboot, opened one client, still 30%+ cpu usage on all cores just from the client. This is not normal, even for neuz.exe, especially not on a mid-high performance cpu like this. Like I said, I used to be able to open 6 clients without experiencing any kind of lag or drops in framerate, staying under 50% load total. I've checked the resource monitor, and I wouldn't have posted here if the cause had been something else. Others with similar cpus have reported the same issue.

##3 - Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:13 pm
LadyLilith

LadyLilith

Abnormally high cpu usage EmptyPosts : 47
LadyLilith

My mazey flyff is 3.55GB at 60+ CPU/65.00 Average per second. Under the Service via the Resource Monitor. Neuz.exe under the Service is running up to 30% CPU usage. But with both clients it can be up to 40% CPU usage. Even both them running at the same time, I m looking about each is being about 30% to up to 50% with the average of 50+ or more per second.

My husband, Legion's CPU, just jumped up to mid 60s to 70% for a short period of time, before the CPU return back to normal. Northern Flaris near the Guild Seige NPC and other NPC is always been the hotspot of high burst of CPU, due to the gathering of other players and their movements.

Last edited by LadyLilith on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

##4 - Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:37 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

I m running Mazey flyff that has 3.76GB size folder with 50+ CPU with the average of 57+ per second... The same thing for my Nuez.exe under the service being at 20% CPU.

##5 - Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:38 pm
Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Fapplecake

It's like you didn't read what I said...IT USED TO BE LESS OF A PROBLEM! I used to be able to run 6 clients without issues and play a high fidelity AAA game on the side without losing framerate. Now I can barely run 3 clients ON THE SAME HARDWARE. Others have reported the SAME ISSUES. Something is wrong with the way the client runs atm. Other servers' clients don't use 40% cpu, they hover around 10-15%. Mazey used to be like that. Something in the mazey client CHANGED.

##6 - Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:18 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

I bet you did not run defrag or to make sure that your computer is running smooth

##7 - Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:53 pm
Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Son, my fragmentation is below 1%, as it always is, this is a 6 month old pc, so it runs as smooth as a pc can run. It's clean, no infections. I'd like someone who actually knows what they're talking about to reply to this...

##8 - Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:48 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

How big is your RAM and how big is your Hard Drive when it comes to Gigabtyes or GB?

The suggestion for Mazey is 1GB of RAM and 4GB of hard drive. The way you are saying that your computer used to be able to use 6GB of RAM and your hard drive would have been 24GB hard drive. Now, you are saying you can only do 3GB of RAM and 12GB hard drive. Something on your pc is eating up the RAM and taking up lot of hard drive space. So, in order to keep the CPU usage down is by not having so many programs running at the same time. Which means delete any programs that has high amount of MB space, and keep only those programs that has low amount of MB space usage. Computer Processor Unit or CPU does take good amount of memory to run the programs.

##9 - Posted Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:19 am
Graphene

Graphene

Abnormally high cpu usage EmptyPosts : 101
Graphene

CPU = Central Processing Unit

##10 - Posted Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:47 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

I called it... Computer Processing Unit or it can be called Central Processing Unit or Core Processing Unit... It is all depends on how you look at that small square box programmer

Anyways, It does depend on the individual game though, how it’s designed and coded. Some games will really benefit from a faster CPU, while others will see little difference, as they’re almost entirely reliant on the power of your GPU.

##11 - Posted Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:13 am
Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Fapplecake

LEgionDark wrote:I called it... Computer Processing Unit  or it can be called Central Processing Unit or Core Processing Unit... It is all depends on how you look at that small square box programmer

Anyways, It does depend on the individual game though, how it’s designed and coded. Some games will really benefit from a faster CPU, while others will see little difference, as they’re almost entirely reliant on the power of your GPU.

Seems like you still don't really understand, so I'll give you the full specs of my pc:
-motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING
-cpu: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.9 ghz
-gpu: NVidia GTX 770
-RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
-hdd: 2TB SSHD

This should be all the info you need to realise that I should be able to run more than 3 clients without having issues, in any area. I didn't make this post to fix my own system. My system runs fine. Runs everything like it should, EXCEPT the Mazey client. So the problem is OBVIOUSLY the MAZEY CLIENT! And as I said: OTHERS HAVE REPORTED THE SAME ISSUE! Everyone is getting more freezes, more lag, more crashes since about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by Fapplecake on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

##12 - Posted Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:15 am
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Abnormally high cpu usage EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

We all understand what you are talking about, Fapplecake. The game is using too much CPU (or w.e it is called. I'm not into this technical computer stuff). A guy in my guild has actually been complaining for the last days that the game freezes and/or shuts down more than 20 times when he's playing Flyff. In addition, I have been experiencing more lags the last days.

LEgionDark is bringing up suggestions to solutions that may help you solve this issue. If you find them annoying or insulting or anything negative, just tell him. 'cuz there is no reason for this:

Fapplecake wrote:You're an idiot, okay, I get it, but I'll give you the full specs of my pc: ...

Forum Rules wrote:Keep all commentaries civil and in good manners at all times. Constructive criticism is allowed but inappropriate words and insults directed towards members or staffs will not be tolerated.

Yes, I know, I did only quote a part of your post. But still, calm down- eat a snicker and be happy

##13 - Posted Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:23 am
Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Fapplecake

JackSparrowYAY wrote:We all understand what you are talking about, Fapplecake. The game is using too much CPU (or w.e it is called. I'm not into this technical computer stuff). A guy in my guild has actually been complaining for the last days that the game freezes and/or shuts down more than 20 times when he's playing Flyff. In addition, I have been experiencing more lags the last days.

LEgionDark is bringing up suggestions to solutions that may help you solve this issue. If you find them annoying or insulting or anything negative, just tell him. 'cuz there is no reason for this:

Fapplecake wrote:You're an idiot, okay, I get it, but I'll give you the full specs of my pc: ...

Forum Rules wrote:Keep all commentaries civil and in good manners at all times. Constructive criticism is allowed but inappropriate words and insults directed towards members or staffs will not be tolerated.

Yes, I know, I did only quote a part of your post. But still, calm down- eat a snicker and be happy

You're right, I'm sorry. I lost my patience. I felt like I was being treated like an idiot, while I put so much work into finding out what the problem was. These suggestions sound like my post was not read at all. Again, I apologize, it was wrong for me to lose my temper like this.

Anyways, I'd like someone with some real programming knowledge to look at the issue, find out why recently so many people have been experiencing this. I can't pinpoint exactly when it started, but I'm wagering sometime around the restart after the system spam and cheer bug.

##14 - Posted Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 am
Cloaca

Cloaca

Abnormally high cpu usage EmptyPosts : 301
Cloaca

I agree with the CPU usage for the client, because as I have experienced, and also checking my CPU usage with ONLY 1 Mazey client running, my usage maxes out to 100%, which normally 40-50% of that is just from the Mazey client. I have not experienced this problem in other private servers, so I wouldn't blame a PCs performance for this. In my opinion, I think that it is the most recent client, whatever it may be, causing problems. Many months ago, before I took an extended leave from this server, I do not recall there being a problem with constant crashes or my laptop running warm because I play this. I just suggest that someone should look at fixing or developing a better client for the game.

##15 - Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:05 am

Sponsored content

Abnormally high cpu usage Empty
Sponsored content

##16 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum