Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions

JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

Counter Attack is known to not work 100% properly at any time during PvP combats. Like the name says, it counters attack. Therefore I suggest this skill to work against all kinds of skills, ranged or in melee range.

Edit:

Some more explanation:

Fapplecake wrote:
Kaishirco wrote:Then how are we suppose to defeat it o.o ?

You're not supposed to be able to counter a counter attack, that's the whole idea. A counter attack that can be countered easily becomes a weakness, which is what it is right now. It not going off against a laggy asal because the client registers too much range is stupid.

I am open for other ideas ^^

EDIT (March 8th 2015):

I don't want to create another topic just for a simple suggestion, so I might as well just bring up a new suggestion here.

Extend the duration of Speed Walker, the Acrobat skill that buffs you with 30% Speed. Why? Well, to make it more useful. Speed in Mazey Flyff is essential in both PvE and PvP situations, which would make the Speed Walker skill useful if we could have it active at all times.

Last edited by JackSparrowYAY on Sat May 09, 2015 1:35 am; edited 6 times in total

##1 - Posted Thu May 07, 2015 8:58 am

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

zinkai1993

zinkai1993

Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions EmptyPosts : 96
zinkai1993

JackSparrowYAY wrote:Therefore I suggest this skill to work against all kinds of skills, ranged or in melee range.

Yj will become undefeated Smile) (No one cannot hit YJ when using CounterAttk). Well, I can assume that Counter attk still works in Melee Range. It depends how fast you are when you play CounterAttk because if other players use skill faster than you while you use counter attk. (YJ dead)

P/s: Counter ATTK still works in melee range. (-1) for all kinds of skills with ranged.

##3 - Posted Thu May 07, 2015 10:37 am
Cloaca

Cloaca

Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions EmptyPosts : 301
Cloaca

For those saying it would make them "unbeatable", you can still make counter attack go off by using for example, sonic hand for BPs, then asaling them after it went off, like people do now.

##4 - Posted Thu May 07, 2015 10:49 am
Atlas

Atlas

Game Master
Game Master
Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions EmptyPosts : 245
Atlas

+1 and I agree with what SimplyBliss has to say. Counter attack will only cancel out 1 skill once it does it goes into a cooldown

##5 - Posted Thu May 07, 2015 1:10 pm
Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions EmptyPosts : 61
Fapplecake

Kaishirco wrote:Then how are we suppose to defeat it o.o ?

You're not supposed to be able to counter a counter attack, that's the whole idea. A counter attack that can be countered easily becomes a weakness, which is what it is right now. It not going off against a laggy asal because the client registers too much range is stupid.

That said: I don't agree with the notion of it countering ranged attacks. It should, however, 100% go off on all melee skills (not just hits), including multi-hit skills, such as sonic hand, fully negating the damage and effects. About it going off on, for instance, long range magic skills, however, I can't support that. It was never designed to do that, nor would it make sense considering the attack range of yoyos.

##6 - Posted Thu May 07, 2015 4:41 pm
Cloaca

Cloaca

Cloaca

Fapplecake wrote:About it going off on, for instance, long range magic skills, however, I can't support that. It was never designed to do that, nor would it make sense considering the attack range of yoyos.
^^^^^^^^^^

##7 - Posted Thu May 07, 2015 4:43 pm
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

Fapplecake wrote:About it going off on, for instance, long range magic skills, however, I can't support that. It was never designed to do that, nor would it make sense considering the attack range of yoyos.

Except that this Harlequin's Greeting skill has an amazingly long range, I do agree blush

##8 - Posted Thu May 07, 2015 6:27 pm
Amnesty

Amnesty

Game Master
Game Master
Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions EmptyPosts : 188
Amnesty

As a YJ: You're only going to make me even more OP.

As someone wanting more balanced PVP: Good idea, but you're going to need to buff every other class as well. Modifying Soul of Rhisis and Silent Arrow is a good start, but more incentives to play other classes need to be made if you're going to start working on classes that are already well liked.

Edit: A better improvement would be to add a check and see if the incoming damage is from an incoming Asal. If it is, ensure that counter works as intended. That's all I need.

Last edited by Amnesty on Fri May 08, 2015 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

##9 - Posted Fri May 08, 2015 5:55 am
BornTempler

BornTempler

Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions EmptyPosts : 42
BornTempler

-1 would be pretty annoying if counter attack worked on ranged skills
But + 1 for a (SLIGHT) range increase on Counter Attack to improve its actual usefulness.

##10 - Posted Fri May 08, 2015 7:10 am
Cloaca

Cloaca

Cloaca

Amnesty wrote:As someone wanting more balanced PVP: Good idea, but you're going to need to buff every other class as well. Modifying Soul of Rhisis and Silent Arrow is a good start, but more incentives to play other classes need to be made if you're going to start working on classes that are already well liked.
As overpowered as BPs already are, you think they need a buff? .-.
I mean, if they debuff a templar they can 1 shot them, then they can simply swap and tank a Full Donor YJs hop. In my opinion, BPs are the last thing that need a buff.

##11 - Posted Fri May 08, 2015 1:35 pm
Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Amnesty wrote:
Edit: A better improvement would be to add a check and see if the incoming damage is from an incoming Asal. If it is, ensure that counter works as intended. That's all I need.

I would amend this to "close range/melee skill" instead of just asal, so ranging skills isn't an issue anymore when using CA.

##12 - Posted Fri May 08, 2015 2:58 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

Fapplecake wrote:That said: I don't agree with the notion of it countering ranged attacks. It should, however, 100% go off on all melee skills (not just hits), including multi-hit skills, such as sonic hand, fully negating the damage and effects. About it going off on, for instance, long range magic skills, however, I can't support that. It was never designed to do that, nor would it make sense considering the attack range of yoyos.

So other words... a more sturdy strong YJ that can be able to take on all kinds of damage? In order for that to happen...ALL CLASS' PVP capability has to be re-edit. You can not fix only one class character, because in doing so will throw the whole entire PVP out of balance. Every PVP class should have both strong points and weak points in order to have a good balanced PvP. This Counter Attack is one such weakness, it was not design to take on all the damage skills. You have to protect the YJ by using Pre-Strike Tactics to keep any other class from knocking out your weakness.

##13 - Posted Fri May 08, 2015 7:47 pm
Fapplecake

Fapplecake

Fapplecake

LEgionDark wrote:So other words... a more sturdy strong YJ that can be able to take on all kinds of damage? In order for that to happen...ALL CLASS' PVP capability has to be re-edit. You can not fix only one class character, because in doing so will throw the whole entire PVP out of balance. Every PVP class should have both strong points and weak points in order to have a good balanced PvP. This Counter Attack is one such weakness, it was not design to take on all the damage skills. You have to protect the YJ by using Pre-Strike Tactics to keep any other class from knocking out your weakness.

You make a living missing the point...

It's not about making the YJ tanky, it's about fixing his skills, so those tactics you speak of can actually be used reliably, instead of just having them fail when someone has the slightest bit of position lag. This thread is about making Counter Attack work as intended. It is supposed to tank the first skill/hit that is used against your YJ at close range. The fact that most bps can run at you and asal, pos lag and kill you regardless of counter being used is all sorts of wrong and needs adressing. Asal is not a ranged skill and should be reliably countered by Counter Attack. It should have ZERO percent chance of failing.

##14 - Posted Sat May 09, 2015 7:58 am
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

In my opinion, there are some classes that needs a small boost PvP wise, like the nerfed knock back of Mentalists/Psykeepers. So fixing skills like Counter Attack to actually work 100% properly to make the Harlequin more "Tanky" would be a good start.

And this:

Amnesty wrote:Edit: A better improvement would be to add a check and see if the incoming damage is from an incoming Asal. If it is, ensure that counter works as intended. That's all I need.

could be the perfect start.

##15 - Posted Sat May 09, 2015 8:13 am
Cloaca

Cloaca

Cloaca

To be fair, I think a lot of people are branching away from the original suggestion in this post, which is a fix to counter attack, and talking about changing PvP altogether....

##16 - Posted Sat May 09, 2015 3:50 pm
skyidol

skyidol

Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions EmptyPosts : 25
skyidol

Balance pvp is already broken!
For a start I would advise to lower HP characters class BP!
Because I want to notice that in the GS they are impossible to kill if they wear things awaked fully in the STA of a player!
Even fully awaked in strength YJ cant to kill them use
HOP!

Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions Begushhiepoloski
[CONSTANTINE] SkySon [Premium] -AFK-

##17 - Posted Sun May 10, 2015 1:38 am
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

SimplyBliss wrote:To be fair, I think a lot of people are branching away from the original suggestion in this post, which is a fix to counter attack, and talking about changing PvP altogether....

This, yes plis

##18 - Posted Sun May 10, 2015 5:07 am

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

LegendZero88

LegendZero88

Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions EmptyPosts : 36
LegendZero88

yeah working counter i think its a must. +1

##20 - Posted Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:02 am

Sponsored content

Counter Attack & Acrobat Skills Suggestions Empty
Sponsored content