You are not connected. Please login or register

Artemis's Suggestions

Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

artemis

artemis

Artemis's Suggestions EmptyPosts : 18
artemis

After playing this server and getting a pretty good feel for it, I have some suggestions I'd like to make. If you plan to troll or flame me for making them, you don't belong in my thread. If you have something constructive to add or would like clarification on something, feel free to post, however.

Since no one stays first job for long, I'm going to skip right to second job.
Blade: Blades are fine, they don't need any work
Slayer: Slayers are fine, they don't need any work.

Knight: One-handed knight weapons would be helpful.
Templar: Make the Behemoth Two-handed weapons one-handed, fix Heaven's Gate (It only gives 4def, wtf?!)

Acrobat: Make Perfect Block last 10min instead of 4:30
Ranger: Their 1v1 skills don't do much damage, please boost them!
Crackshooter: Crackshooters could do with a name change (Hunter?), but they're fine otherwise.

Jester: Make it possible for Jesters to dual-wield weapons like Blades can.
Harlequin: Same as Jester

BillPoster: BillPosters are fine, they don't need any work
RingMaster: Make Heal Rain more effective, it hardly heals anything atm

Arcanist: Arcanists are fine, they don't need any work.
Mentalist: Mentalists are fine, they don't need any work (admittedly never used one, lol)

Regarding Jesters: The reason I suggest dual wielding ability for them is to kick up their DPS and make it easier (possible?) for them to solo dungeons like Blades can. It'll also change pvp dynamics, adding more strategy to yoyo choice (and just flat-out boosting DPS)

Sound Nuisance: Remove stat pet level up sound. This is extremely annoying to listen to for hours on end while I'm in town doing upgrades and awakes. And don't tell me "turn your sound off," I love to hear the background sounds of FlyFF, I always have. This is just a nuisance sound and it needs to be removed.

Perin Rollover: This would be helpful to farmers, when Penya reaches 2.1b (the current maximum,) it would automatically convert it to Perin and allow pick-up to continue instead of just deleting any thing picked up at 2.1b

I think that's everything, I'll add to it as I get more ideas.

##1 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:18 am
WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Administrator
Administrator
Artemis's Suggestions EmptyPosts : 959
Medal  Bulbasaur  Charmander  Squirtle 
WhiteNoise

You don't really need those items in the npc for long term. All modified weapons are one-handed and drops from bosses, or you can buy from players in the market.

Seraphs, Heal has been modified to heal up 50m hp, Don't need heal rain that much.

There is already a dual wielding system. All modified weapons like I mentioned above drops from different bosses. You can look up in the guides, here https://mazeyflyff.forumotion.net/t2029-guide-dungeons-map-guide-and-drops.

As for the Perin Roll over thing, you can convert your penya to perin by clicking the "P" button next to your penya on the left side.

Feel free to explore the world of Mazey flyff and learn more ^^.

##2 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:24 am
artemis

artemis

artemis

You do need to buy weapons from NPCs on a fairly regular basis though. It's sometimes a nightmare to find high-tier weapons at a good price and if you're too weak to the farm them yourself, there has to be a back-up so you can still get decent gear and have the advantages provided by high-tier stuff. The fact the Heaven's Gate is basically glitched is just silly though, it should give defense at least stronger than a Toeffin Shield +10.

Heal only heals one person though, Heal Rain heals all party members in range, which is helpful during bosses and Colosseum.

I don't like the current dual-wield system, which is why I suggested allowing Jesters to have two weapons instead of a weapon and a shield. They have an open off-hand slot, why not allow them to have another weapon for more DPS?

The Perin Rollover thing for for ppl who are "in the zone" and don't notice they've hit the penya limit. What about people who are in parties and the penya gets split up and spills over onto them and they hit max without noticing?

##3 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:43 am
Kn0ckz

Kn0ckz

Artemis's Suggestions EmptyPosts : 7
Kn0ckz

You mean perin roll over, so you can go afk, and farm perins?Smile

##4 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 am
artemis

artemis

artemis

I'm sure they could add a clause to the code that causes the -AFK- flag to block the Perin Rollover. Besides, no one uses Perin as currency anymore, it's really just an upgrade material and storage medium.

##5 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:34 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Artemis's Suggestions EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

Some of these items, that has been mention especially NPC items are mainly for re-modeling the Eng Game items. You can use Heaven's Gate as a model and use the Sacred Atk Shield as the base of the new created item.

##6 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:08 pm
Rial

Rial

Contributor
Artemis's Suggestions EmptyPosts : 743
Rial

artemis wrote:You do need to buy weapons from NPCs on a fairly regular basis though.  It's sometimes a nightmare to find high-tier weapons at a good price and if you're too weak to the farm them yourself, there has to be a back-up so you can still get decent gear and have the advantages provided by high-tier stuff.  The fact the Heaven's Gate is basically glitched is just silly though, it should give defense at least stronger than a Toeffin Shield +10.

Heal only heals one person though, Heal Rain heals all party members in range, which is helpful during bosses and Colosseum.

I don't like the current dual-wield system, which is why I suggested allowing Jesters to have two weapons instead of a weapon and a shield.  They have an open off-hand slot, why not allow them to have another weapon for more DPS?

The Perin Rollover thing for for ppl who are "in the zone" and don't notice they've hit the penya limit.  What about people who are in parties and the penya gets split up and spills over onto them and they hit max without noticing?

I don't think it's really needed. You can easily obtain those modified one-handed weapons to solve your problem. Yes, even if you are a newbie. If you don't plan on hunting them, which I assume you really don't, you can get them in the market for at least around 1rp. I don't think it would take someone long to farm that much. Excuse me If I'm wrong on this one tho.

I'll have to agree on this one. Heal rain would be a big help to players especially to those who boss hunts/run colos most of the time with their company. Not everyone is capable of doing hunts alone so I suggest changing this.

For me, the current dual-wield system for jesters are just fine and does not need to be changed.

About the Perin rollover, I used to farm back in the days when I was new and I clearly get you. When you've reach the max penya in your inventory, it doesn't really give you any notice that you did which will make you clueless. Sure you can see the amount of penya you have or the list of dropped items in your screen below whenever your pet picks up items, but again, from what I have experienced too, players tend to focus on farming which is why they don't notice it most of the time. It would be such a hassle to glance over it time to time. So having your penya be automatically converted to perins when it reaches 2.1b is just really helpful.

As for the crackshooter's name, it should stay the same in my opinion.

Last edited by Pinkiii on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

##7 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:35 pm
artemis

artemis

artemis

You aren't understanding why I want the Heaven's Gate fixed. Some people want the bonuses the Heaven's Gate offers and they also want the defense of a strong shield. They also might need a stop-gap between the Toeffin Shield and the lowest tier of stat shield. A new player might not know to go to Market Town and spend their red chips on a statted shield they can't afford anyway.

##8 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:37 pm
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Artemis's Suggestions EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

artemis wrote:
Knight:  One-handed knight weapons would be helpful.
Templar:  Make the Behemoth Two-handed weapons one-handed, fix Heaven's Gate (It only gives 4def, wtf?!)
Sure it can be fixed. But what for? I mean, who will use Heaven's Gate even if it's fixed, right? They will all stick to Donate Shield or Legion Shield. I think this will be a waste of time. But I'm not saying that it can't be fixed. Who knows, right?

artemis wrote:Acrobat:  Make Perfect Block last 10min instead of 4:30
Ranger:  Their 1v1 skills don't do much damage, please boost them!
Crackshooter:  Crackshooters could do with a name change (Hunter?), but they're fine otherwise.
I agree with your suggestion regarding Perfect Block. Extending the duration of a skill is not much of a problem nor a hindrance nor an imbalance. And I guess you are just feeling irritated with the name Crackshooter. Lol. Anyway, as you said, it's fine how it is. Except the hit rate maybe.

artemis wrote:Jester:  Make it possible for Jesters to dual-wield weapons like Blades can.
Harlequin:  Same as Jester
This, I don't approve of. This means tons of balancing for other class. Changing a major class with a major change will result to more rebalancing. Sure, dual wielding Jesters may sound and look cool, but it have to undergo a series of rebalancing and I'm talking about other classes too. And I honestly don't think why they have to dual-wield. I mean, they can even use shields. That right there is a huge advantage. Considering that almost all of the private servers I played doesn't allow either Crackshooter and Harlequin to wield shield.

artemis wrote:BillPoster:  BillPosters are fine, they don't need any work
RingMaster:  Make Heal Rain more effective, it hardly heals anything atm
Heal Rain. Not bad too. But we have to consider that Seraphs seldom appears at siege where I think the Heal Rain would be useful. Maybe when they rebalance or change Seraph, perhaps they will consider Heal Rain too. But maybe not for now. I don't know.

artemis wrote:Regarding Jesters:  The reason I suggest dual wielding ability for them is to kick up their DPS and make it easier (possible?) for them to solo dungeons like Blades can.  It'll also change pvp dynamics, adding more strategy to yoyo choice (and just flat-out boosting DPS)
I believe Jesters can solo dungeon. Even Seraph can solo it too. I believe I can solo a dungeon using a Jesters/Harlequin and even Crackshooters. And as I've said above, it will undergo series of rebalancing. Though it's not a bad idea. As you've said, it will change pvp dynamics, and with that alone, you are saying in behalf of all the classes.

artemis wrote:Sound Nuisance:  Remove stat pet level up sound.  This is extremely annoying to listen to for hours on end while I'm in town doing upgrades and awakes.  And don't tell me "turn your sound off," I love to hear the background sounds of FlyFF, I always have.  This is just a nuisance sound and it needs to be removed.
This, I don't know because I always turn off the "flyff sound" and play other songs on my playlist. Yeah, I'm not that loyal. But I love my playlist more. Smile Perhaps they will consider this too.

artemis wrote:Perin Rollover:  This would be helpful to farmers, when Penya reaches 2.1b (the current maximum,) it would automatically convert it to Perin and allow pick-up to continue instead of just deleting any thing picked up at 2.1b
I agree with this too. And I believe that we can't afk farm anymore because of the -AFK- status. Am I right? I don't really farm when I played before. I just boss hunt. But nonetheless, I experience this too. When I'm farming and I'm suddenly not aware of my perin inventory and my looter pet don't pick up penyas anymore. This is good if this will not be used for AFK farming.

##9 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:42 pm
Rial

Rial

Contributor
Rial

artemis wrote:You aren't understanding why I want the Heaven's Gate fixed.  Some people want the bonuses the Heaven's Gate offers and they also want the defense of a strong shield.  They also might need a stop-gap between the Toeffin Shield and the lowest tier of stat shield.  A new player might not know to go to Market Town and spend their red chips on a statted shield they can't afford anyway.

Shai beats me to it.

Shai wrote:Sure it can be fixed. But what for? I mean, who will use Heaven's Gate even if it's fixed, right? They will all stick to Donate Shield or Legion Shield. I think this will be a waste of time. But I'm not saying that it can't be fixed. Who knows, right?

##10 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:45 pm
artemis

artemis

artemis

I'll use the Heaven's Gate, I LIKE the Heaven's Gate, and it's not like the stat shields come up in the market for good prices anyway. I watch on almost an hourly basis, so I know what I'm talking about when I say this.

This, I don't approve of. This means tons of balancing for other class. Changing a major class with a major change will result to more rebalancing. Sure, dual wielding Jesters may sound and look cool, but it have to undergo a series of rebalancing and I'm talking about other classes too. And I honestly don't think why they have to dual-wield. I mean, they can even use shields. That right there is a huge advantage. Considering that almost all of the private servers I played doesn't allow either Crackshooter and Harlequin to wield shield.
You don't know how a blade works do you? The main hand controls the damage stat in the stat panel (Press H.) The off-hand just adds the weapon damage during strikes, it doesn't change the actual attack stat. (This is according to Mazey, I went to a lot of trouble to talk to him about this.) If a Jester/Harlequin can be changed to function the same way, the damage boost won't be gigantic enough to change the game's balance as much as you claim.

##11 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:28 pm
Rial

Rial

Contributor
Rial

artemis wrote:I'll use the Heaven's Gate, I LIKE the Heaven's Gate, and it's not like the stat shields come up in the market for good prices anyway.  I watch on almost an hourly basis, so I know what I'm talking about when I say this.

You don't know how a blade works do you?  The main hand controls the damage stat in the stat panel (Press H.)  The off-hand just adds the weapon damage during strikes, it doesn't change the actual attack stat.  (This is according to Mazey, I went to a lot of trouble to talk to him about this.)  If a Jester/Harlequin can be changed to function the same way, the damage boost won't be gigantic enough to change the game's balance as much as you claim.

Those shields that I'm talking about DOES come up with good prices and I am sure of what I'm saying. I've said it in my previous post, it is easy to obtain those even for newbies. It's not like people will stick too long with Heaven's Gate. The next day they might even go and change it immediately. I am hearing out your opinion tho, don't misunderstand. I just want you to know what I think of this. I might be wrong but from the way you sound, I honestly think that constructive criticisms aren't welcomed in your thread.

##12 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:50 pm
artemis

artemis

artemis

Those shields that I'm talking about DOES come up with good prices and I am sure of what I'm saying. I've said it in my previous post, it is easy to obtain those even for newbies. It's not like people will stick too long with Heaven's Gate. The next day they might even go and change it immediately. I am hearing out your opinion tho, don't misunderstand. I just want you to know what I think of this. I might be wrong but from the way you sound, I honestly think that constructive criticisms aren't welcomed in your thread.
I admit I was losing my temper a bit. What I mean about the shields not being available to noobies is that they're LITERALLY not available. The shops I've seen recently mostly consist of weapons and fashion items and some Kalgas pieces but no shields.

##13 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:46 pm
Rial

Rial

Contributor
Rial

artemis wrote:
I admit I was losing my temper a bit.  What I mean about the shields not being available to noobies is that they're LITERALLY not available.  The shops I've seen recently mostly consist of weapons and fashion items and some Kalgas pieces but no shields.

Apparently you did and it was something which I didn't understand. You started something in the suggestion section and you should've been ready for constructive criticisms. It would be a good idea to accept and hear out others even if they disagree on what you are suggesting. I have no means of any argument though. And for what you said, I play on a daily basis and maybe you are just unlucky to not even see 1 shield in the market. I check the market every now and then and I am sure I've seen at least one player selling it. I've said my piece and we might go off topic already if I continue so I'll just leave it to you.

Last edited by Pinkiii on Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo error)

##14 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:54 pm
Walnut

Walnut

Artemis's Suggestions EmptyPosts : 29
Walnut

artemis wrote:I'll use the Heaven's Gate, I LIKE the Heaven's Gate, and it's not like the stat shields come up in the market for good prices anyway.  I watch on almost an hourly basis, so I know what I'm talking about when I say this.

Good for you for sticking to what you like, but I would like to state that you're underestimating how inexpensive the stated shields are. Black Shields are roughly 1rp in the market shops, and can range a bit higher or lower depending who you're buying from but the point still stands that it's only 1rp. Holy Shields roughly go for 20rp, but that's still decently cheap. Compared to the other things you would probably be recommended to buy such as the 40rp mask/cloak, I believe that the prices for the stated shields are okay.

You might as well just get a stated shield and remodel it. Win win.

##15 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:56 pm
artemis

artemis

artemis

All right, let's set aside the matter of the Heaven's Gate and talk about other things related to this topic.

##16 - Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:44 pm
artemis

artemis

artemis

Sorry for the double post, but I had a brilliant idea! How about creating an offline shop system? That way people who want to sell off their junk don't have to leave their computers on overnight if they want to sell stuff while they sleep.

##17 - Posted Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:40 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

Heavens Gate: Increase HP+30%/Block Range+20%/Block Malee+20%

VS.

Holy Scroll: Stats+800/HP+800/Atk+800
----------------------------------
HP+30% < 1600 HP (STA/HP)

No matter, if we posts the Battle Gear Items. Heavens Gate shield  will always be over taken by much better item.

artemis wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I had a brilliant idea! How about creating an offline shop system? That way people who want to sell off their junk don't have to leave their computers on overnight if they want to sell stuff while they sleep.

I have seen that happen before on other private servers. But, that would be a problem big time. Market Town would be flooded with private shops to a degree that it will be impossible to move around there in the Market Town.

##18 - Posted Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:45 am
artemis

artemis

artemis

Yeah, why do we have Market Town anyway? Hardly anyone goes to Darkon or Saint Morning anyway (well, kinda have to go to SM to level, but after 45 no one stays in SM.) You could just unblock shops in those areas and have the shopping there. Then offline shops wouldn't be an issue because everyone could spread out.

##19 - Posted Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:07 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

Why we have a Market Town? We have a market town for the purpose of allowing Players to open up their shops without causing any kind of lagging in the cities of Darkon, St. M and Flaries.

##20 - Posted Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:40 pm
artemis

artemis

artemis

But hardly anyone goes to Darkon or SM! SM has some levelling purpose, but Darken (the actual name of Darkon's city) is basically a ghost town. I understand Flaris/Flarine though, that's basically the most populated city and even w/o shops it lags like crazy because of the sheer volume of ppl in it.

I think getting rid of market town and opening up the ability to have shops in Saint Morning and Darkon would be a good idea. Then you could implement offline shops and it wouldn't lag the crap outta people.

##21 - Posted Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:44 pm
marton4o992

marton4o992

Artemis's Suggestions EmptyPosts : 200
marton4o992

artemis wrote:But hardly anyone goes to Darkon or SM!  SM has some levelling purpose, but Darken (the actual name of Darkon's city) is basically a ghost town.  I understand Flaris/Flarine though, that's basically the most populated city and even w/o shops it lags like crazy because of the sheer volume of ppl in it.

I think getting rid of market town and opening up the ability to have shops in Saint Morning and Darkon would be a good idea.  Then you could implement offline shops and it wouldn't lag the crap outta people.

Yes , yes , yes like the old times when there was no market towns you just go around darkon and sm searching items its waaay better that ugly tree market ..

##22 - Posted Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:45 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

it will be major lagging if we allow players to open their private shops in SM or Darken. First off, SM and Darken have NPC that does Mazey Quests and all three cities has NPC IS, Model Changing Jeff, Both Red Merchant NPC Sellers and so on.... Which the SM and Darken are supposed to relief the stress of upgrading in Flarine.... so I say NO to this idea.

##23 - Posted Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:53 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Artemis's Suggestions EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

artemis wrote:All right, let's set aside the matter of the Heaven's Gate and talk about other things related to this topic.

artemis wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I had a brilliant idea!  How about creating an offline shop system?  That way people who want to sell off their junk don't have to leave their computers on overnight if they want to sell stuff while they sleep.

Sure. But next time, please do use the "EDIT" button in case you want to add something. Perhaps you are aware of that. And about what you said on your past post, I believe I know how Blades/Slayers work. But nevertheless, I don't want to ignite any useless confrontations regarding that aspect. Maybe we just have to stick on your suggestions. And speaking of which, I already commented and pointed out my comments and I don't think I'll comment again. But I'll follow this topic in case of rants, rages or whatsoever considering that you easily loses your temper. Good luck with your suggestion, though.

##24 - Posted Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:22 am
artemis

artemis

artemis

All right, new suggestion time! How about restoring Baraha functionality? That'd give us another useful levelling area to fill the gap between Elliun and Upresia 1

##25 - Posted Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Sponsored content

Artemis's Suggestions Empty
Sponsored content

##26 - Posted

Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum