You are not connected. Please login or register

Long-term Ideas

Amnesty

Amnesty

Game Master
Game Master
Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 188
Amnesty

Listed below are some long-term ideas that I think would be interesting to add, but would also require quite a bit of work to implement. I wouldn't hold your breath on any of these ideas coming true any time soon, but with your vocal support, anything can happen.

If you want an in-depth explanation for why I made any of these suggestions, feel free to ask!

Monthly Guild Siege Rankings Reset
The overall siege rankings are due for a reset. People come and go, but the siege rankings simply don’t reflect this. My suggestion is to reset the rankings monthly, hopefully encouraging new people to aim for the top. As it stands, seeing people with 20,000+ cumulative points is quite daunting for a new player hoping to rise through the ranks and gain recognition.

As a reward, the top character of each class will receive a special item that is character-locked and lasts for one month. This could be a symbol next to their name, a custom cloak, or a special tag. Your suggestions are happily welcome for what this reward could be.

1v1 Siege Arena
During non-siege times, players will be able to speak to NPC Frankie and place a bet on who will win in a 1v1. The two players agree on the amount, and once agreed upon, they are organized into a 1v1 fight in the siege arena. Points won’t matter; the last man standing wins. As a sink, the server will take 10% of the bet placed. For example, if 10RP was bet by each player, the server would take 2 RP and the winner would receive 18 RP. There would be a minimum bet of 10 RP per player to initiate the match. A match can only begin if one is not already in progress, and the matches would be open for everyone to watch like a normal siege.

Both players will be designated one spawn portal (ex: 1 & 4). To prevent "spawn camping," once a person is killed, the surviving player will be teleported back to their spawn when the other player teleports back in from rebuffing.

This will give the people who like to talk big an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is. It is a completely fair match orchestrated by the server; no longer will random players be obstacles in arena fights, and no longer will you have to deal with things such as unfair interferences or score resets.

Boost-up Weekends
Have you ever wanted to try another class, but didn’t have the funds to try it out? Boost-up weekends would allow players to create a character, and upon hitting level 175, receive a full siege starter kit for that class that would last for 24 hours.

Items would include armor sets equivalent to Aurum and weapons equivalent to Sacred, with the same stats in addition to what would be gained from awakenings.  (The items would not be awaken-able).
Example:
Aurum Force Master currently gives:
All Stats +1000
Hp +500%
Added Damage of Critical Hits + 1000%
Stamina + 500

Boost-up Aurum Force Master (DMG) would give:
All Stats +1000
Hp +500%
Added Damage of Critical Hits + 1000%
Stamina + 500
STR+2400

This is equivalent to 4x600 awakes, which are far from perfect, but good enough to be competitive with. All classes would receive both a damage and HP set, along with the corresponding damage and HP weapons for the class. Again, these items would be character locked and would expire after 24 hours.  

This idea will hopefully encourage people to try new classes, as well as allow non-donors to experience what having donation items feels like. These Boost-up Weekends could be held monthly or bi-monthly, depending on the feedback received.

Edit: My intention is to encourage class diversity in siege. It may be a good idea to only have Boost-up packages for non-FM and non-Harlequin classes.

New Items
Guild Creation Scroll – Adding this won’t affect the economy and provides a convenience; after all, it isn’t difficult to create a guild as it is. I suggest adding it to the Red Chip Merchant for 5 RP as a sink.

Exchanger Update
The exchanger found at the Flaris Mayor has yet to be updated from the Christmas event. My suggestion is to fill the exchange randomly throughout the week with miscellaneous items that are unobtainable elsewhere. Some items could include Pride of Victory, a box of 5x 9999x Blue Crystals, or even the old Event Titles that were replaced (ex: Sucker Punch, 1337, etc.). While fun and unique, these items can also serve as another RP sink. The consumables could cost 5RP, the QI boxes could cost 15RP, and the titles could cost 50RP. Of course, the stock would be limited and items/titles would be rotated weekly.

Last edited by Amnesty on Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total

##1 - Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:56 pm
mangkanor11

mangkanor11

Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 80
mangkanor11

+1 for the Boost-up weekends

##2 - Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:00 pm
Graphene

Graphene

Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 101
Graphene

+1 to all

##3 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:08 am
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

Amnesty wrote:New Items
Guild Creation Scroll – Adding this won’t affect the economy and provides a convenience; after all, it isn’t difficult to create a guild as it is. I suggest adding it to the Red Chip Merchant for 5 RP as a sink.

Will the requirements of the guild creation also be the same as if one were to create a guild by talking to the Saint Morning bank manager? If so, then I'd also like to add a suggestion to Amnesty's suggestions; which is having the price of the Guild Creation Scroll in penya currency instead of RP currency. The reason is because creating a guild is really an easy job. I believe that people would spend 5 extra minutes talking to the Saint Morning bank manager rather than spending 5 (valueble) RP.

##4 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:10 am
BananaMan

BananaMan

Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 32
BananaMan

Some ideas are pretty neat, although I do not agree with the booster weekend. The siege would then be crowded with random players and I'd say would lose some of the challenges in it, for a day at least! Plus it's a disincentive to donate

##5 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:50 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

The Aurum set booster weekend is not needed...why? We need to boost up the MQC quests, instead. It is not that hard to freaking farm for MQCs. It seems that people wants an lazy easy way to get the things.

The guild Creation Scroll? Really? Amiglory, it is not that hard to create another account for Guild nor it is not that hard to level to 40 nor it is not hard to have 3m penya to use for payments towards the creation of a guild.

Blue Crystals are easy to get. i know that for the fact, because I have always been farming in Azria Ticket Area.

##6 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:42 am
Amnesty

Amnesty

Game Master
Game Master
Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 188
Amnesty

BananaMan wrote:Some ideas are pretty neat,  although I do not agree with the booster weekend. The siege would then be crowded with random players and I'd say would lose some of the challenges in it,  for a day at least! Plus it's a disincentive  to donate

That's the whole point; siege is currently the same people playing over and over. We need to get new players involved in the space. These Boost-up weekends do not have to occur regularly; they can be done as infrequently as so desired. The point is to get people to try new classes.

It's not a disincentive to donate, as they would not be permanent nor happen frequently. The point is to give a taste of the class, and if you like it, hopefully either donate or buy actual gear in the market. As of right now, siege is dominated by FMs and Harlequins. If we are to ever get away from this meta, we have to revamp PVP (which is part of another suggestion I haven't posted here) and give people an opportunity to test out the changes without fully committing to changing classes. Why? Because if they commit to a full change and dislike the class, then they've wasted their time, effort, and money which would be impossible to get back. And what if they weren't able to switch back to their original class? Then they'd quit.

This suggestions is part of an overarching goal to get more classes into siege, so we don't see solely FM's and Harlequins.

LEgionDark wrote:The Aurum set booster weekend is not needed...why? We need to boost up the MQC quests, instead. It is not that hard to freaking farm for MQCs. It seems that people wants an lazy easy way to get the things.

It is not a matter of laziness, but acting rationally. Why would you want to encourage someone to spend hours upon hours farming for an Aurum Crackshooter set only to find out they hate the class? Especially since the current stigma is that they are only good for boss farming, it would be difficult to even try to trade it. If I were a new player starting out, i'd clearly get Aurum FM or Aurum Harlequin; at least that way, I'd be able to sell/trade it relatively more easily.

LEgionDark wrote:The guild Creation Scroll? Really? Amiglory, it is not that hard to create another account for Guild nor it is not that hard to level to 40 nor it is not hard to have 3m penya to use for payments towards the creation of a guild.

Nobody is saying that it is difficult to do these things. But because of this, why not just make it a convenience? Not everyone has the ability to triple client to create a guild. There's no reason not to include the scroll unless the current requirements change.

LEgionDark wrote:Blue Crystals are easy to get. i know that for the fact, because I have always been farming in Azria Ticket Area.

I'm not saying they're difficult to get, I'm just providing a suggestion for what could be included in the Exchanger. Any other ideas are welcome, I just want to get the ball moving.

##7 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:16 am
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

Monthly Guild Siege Ranking Reset - +1

1v1 Siege Arena - +1. Though it looks like it will need a hell of a work. But I'm not sure about that and that's just my opinion.

Boost-up Weekends - Seems to be a tough work too. With this major suggestion, I just hope that it will not cause confusion and stuff. And I hope that the items here would be 'event-rewarded' to avoid scammers to gain advantage. +1 if this will be bug free and will not cause any scams and will happen like once or twice every week. Gives players something to look forward to.

Though I have this feeling that players might get lazy because of this; I hope they will be more of inspired to farm for the class they want rather than feeling lazy and just play this event every week.

New Items(Guild Creation Scroll) - Though you are right that this will not affect economy, I'm really not sure whether to support this one because I see this as another way of laziness and escaping the trouble out of creating guild. Nonetheless, +1/-1 for me.

Exchanger Update - This isn't entirely a bad suggestion. But if I get it right, we will pay at Flaris Mayor via RP to buy those things right? In my opinion, paying at the Mayor is completely useless. If we want to have a RP sink, why not make the prices via MQC? In that way players will be more encouraged to farm MQCs and players who are lazy to farm can just pay them. It's a win-win situation, at least for me. We can help newbies and we have a 'RP sink' at the same time.

Though it is quite tricky because prices will change again. But based on our current economy now, MQCs are still affordable and stays on their price range since it was released.

And why does the items have to be limited? I understand that the old titles should be rotated just for variations, but I can't quite comprehend why items should be limited. I mean, the items you mentioned are pretty useful. So having them is a convenience for siegers and players in general.

##8 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:04 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

Amnesty wrote:
LEgionDark wrote:The Aurum set booster weekend is not needed...why? We need to boost up the MQC quests, instead. It is not that hard to freaking farm for MQCs. It seems that people wants an lazy easy way to get the things.

It is not a matter of laziness, but acting rationally. Why would you want to encourage someone to spend hours upon hours farming for an Aurum Crackshooter set only to find out they hate the class? Especially since the current stigma is that they are only good for boss farming, it would be difficult to even try to trade it. If I were a new player starting out, i'd clearly get Aurum FM or Aurum Harlequin; at least that way, I'd be able to sell/trade it relatively more easily.

Rationally? You have two choices, You either Donate or Farm. Those are the only two options when it comes to making in-game currency. But, when it comes to farming, Red Chips and Mazey Quest Chips are the top important in-game currency at Mazey. Serious hard trade? You are talking to a player who has over 80+ Slayers and bunch of Arcanists, and few other characters as well. I believe 735 characters.

##9 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:19 am
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

LEgionDark wrote:
Rationally? You have two choices, You either Donate or Farm. Those are the only two options when it comes to making in-game currency. But, when it comes to farming, Red Chips and Mazey Quest Chips are the top important in-game currency at Mazey. Serious hard trade? You are talking to a player who has over 80+ Slayers and bunch of Arcanists, and few other characters as well. I believe 735 characters.

Just because you have 700 characters more than a regular player, doesn't necessarily mean that you know how things work. Personally, I have 27 characters and am actually using them all from time to time. That doesn't mean that I know better than one of our ambassadors who has 2-3 characters.

That being said, I never farm for money making, nor do I donate. I still get my income from other sources, in which I explain further because it isn't relevant in this case. In this situation, I totally agree with Amnesty. If you were to ask random players if Slayers or Crackshooters are the best PvErs in game, 99% of the asked players would say Slayers. So, let's say that the only ways of making money are either farming or donation. I don't have the money to donate, so I have to farm RP or MQC myself. I choose the path of MQC-farming, spend more than 120 hours of farming and buy a Crackshooter Aurum. Now, I figured out that Cracks really sucked, and all the wasted amount of time spent on farming resulted in a failed aurum. In addition, I have to underprice the Crack aurum to even be able to sell it, because close to nobody buys Crackshooter equipments.

Solutions? Well, it could be Boost-Up Weekends.

About the Exchanger update: I have the same questions as Shai, as well. What are the reasons of having limited items in a NPC shop?

##10 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:12 am
BananaMan

BananaMan

Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 32
BananaMan

LEgionDark wrote:
Amnesty wrote:

Rationally? You have two choices, You either Donate or Farm. Those are the only two options when it comes to making in-game currency.  But, when it comes to farming, Red Chips and Mazey Quest Chips are the top important in-game currency at Mazey.  Serious hard trade? You are talking to a player who has over 80+ Slayers and bunch of Arcanists, and few other characters as well. I believe 735 characters.

You have 735 characters on your keyboard?! Wow I wish I had a keyboard that cool!

##11 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:51 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

Seriously, I have been reading you guys fair and square. Yes, i have been speaking through my experience in playing Flyff Private Servers. Nothing wrong with that. But you guys want to make suggestions base on your experience. That is cool. The thing that I m seeing is this.. what if this does not happen, is there any other options that can be used? I am also thinking through the perspective of a new player coming into the server that he or she has never played before. If we are going to keep this server alive, we gotta find some awesome ideas that would bring new players in, but also find always to keep experience players into the server, which can lead to possibility of bringing new donors to this game. I also seeing it being played out in a way that it might required lot of coding that does not require of receiving bugs or ends up being fixed later down the road.

##12 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:50 pm
GragasIsFat

GragasIsFat

Long-term Ideas EmptyPosts : 41
GragasIsFat

+1 For the monthly siege ranking reset, -1 for everything else.

scrd

Last edited by JackSparrowYAY on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged posts. Please do not double post)

##13 - Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Sponsored content

Long-term Ideas Empty
Sponsored content

##14 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum