You are not connected. Please login or register

Resurrect these forums!

evachu

evachu

Resurrect these forums! EmptyPosts : 30
evachu

I'm not even sure if many people use the forums. Some threads I open, the most recent posts are from 2013!! For starters, cleaning out the forums wouldn't hurt. Basically, all posts that are old can be deleted I think, unless they're guides that are still accurate. Secondly, an update to the navigation bar would be easy to make sexy and less squished. Another thing to do would be hosting events that require forum participation, Ex "Screenshot of the Week" contests, Riddles, Pictionary, ETC that reward something in-game. Those are some things that just sound like easy first steps to getting people more involved with Mazey and its important forums. A section for player-hosted forum events would be nice too, I'd even volunteer to host some!

If you don't like reading, the list of suggestions was:

1.) Clean out all posts from 2013 or earlier.
2.) Update the navigation bar. (this thing http://prntscr.com/7b0xqt)
3.) Add events that require forum accounts to be hosted by staff and optional ones to be hosted by players.

##1 - Posted Sat May 30, 2015 6:12 pm
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Resurrect these forums! EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

The first suggestion means that I will have a lot of work to do, anywho lets see what the other moderators say. Razz

##2 - Posted Sat May 30, 2015 8:28 pm
WeedLove

WeedLove

Resurrect these forums! EmptyPosts : 294
WeedLove

Since the suggestion is cleaning up the forums, please consider consolidating all guides accordingly so newbies like me wont be posting a new thread just for a simple inquiry/help.

I'm sorry if this means hijacking your suggestion, I just wanted to add up something Smile

##3 - Posted Sat May 30, 2015 9:53 pm
Shai

Shai

Game Master
Game Master
Resurrect these forums! EmptyPosts : 2964
Snorlax 
Shai

1. Some posts that are dated on the year 2013 are still updated. I mean, still applicable up to this day. Though I have to agree that we have some posts here which are kinda outdated but they are left there for a reason: the post or topic is probably still useful as of now. And if you see a post that you deemed useless or outdated, you can always message our Forum Moderator or any member of the staff and see what they have to say. I'd like to think that we are an open community here.

2. Uhmm, I guess. +1/-1. I don't think that this is a priority now. Maybe if the higher ups have extra time on their hands then perhaps they can update it. But take note that our Forums has been recently updated by Daily.

3. This is kinda tricky. I mean, I've been an active Forum user for almost 2 years. I've seen Forums became busy and idle. Sure, making events will somehow draw players attention here but I have to say that it only lasts for a limited time. Grey once did a Fashion Screenshot event thingy here at Forums and it was actually stopped due to players' lack of involvement. Don't get me wrong, I'm not shooting down this suggestion. I really believe that we should have some events here as well. I just don't want to keep your hopes up thinking that it will drastically change the Forums because eventually, the activities here will still remain or perhaps return to what it used to be.

We do have a section for player hosted events. Feel free to make one: https://mazeyflyff.forumotion.net/f23-player-events

Good luck!

##4 - Posted Sun May 31, 2015 12:38 am
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

WeedLove wrote:Since the suggestion is cleaning up the forums, please consider consolidating all guides accordingly so newbies like me wont be posting a new thread just for a simple inquiry/help.

There is an updated compilation of guides in the guide section. That being said, we do lack a complete newbie guide that covers game mechanics and a starter guide in one topic. I can probably make one later on.

Sorry for being off topic.

##5 - Posted Sun May 31, 2015 1:14 am
Cloaca

Cloaca

Resurrect these forums! EmptyPosts : 301
Cloaca

1. +1
2. +1
3. +1/-1 because I feel this could possibly get flooded with useless or crappy events that not many people would bother to participate in. As it is now, I think the best way for a player to get an event of their own out to the public is to use a GM to GM-shout for them across the system. Nevertheless, it would be nice for players to be able to host their own events of their choosing, which I would possible partake in if this was a thing, since not everyone lives in the same time zone it might be hard to host an event in-game without telling them ahead of time.

##6 - Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:13 am

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Atlas

Atlas

Game Master
Game Master
Resurrect these forums! EmptyPosts : 245
Atlas

jeffrey1982 wrote:
SimplyBliss wrote:1. +1
2. +1
3. +1/-1 because I feel this could possibly get flooded with useless or crappy events that not many people would bother to participate in. As it is now, I think the best way for a player to get an event of their own out to the public is to use a GM to GM-shout for them across the system. Nevertheless, it would be nice for players to be able to host their own events of their choosing, which I would possible partake in if this was a thing, since not everyone lives in the same time zone it might be hard to host an event in-game without telling them ahead of time.

almost  most of  other suggestion  for  you is crappy  in your eyes     the  question  are you the only  one player here ?? you need to consider   some player idea too  

This is uncalled for, bliss has just as many rights to express her opinion towards the orginal topic then you do. Either be fair and nice or don't comment on forums.

''P.S'' yes there are other people on the server instead of her I also do not see them posting to this thread let alone being on the forums and being active. If you do not like what is written here either move on or shut up.

With all that being said:
1.+1
2.+2
3.-1 (like everyone else has said above the forums might/will get active if we do events but also get a ton of flooded useless replies/messages)

##8 - Posted Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:26 am

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

Closing this topic because of misunderstandings from a forum user and offtopic discussion.

##10 - Posted Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Sponsored content

Resurrect these forums! Empty
Sponsored content

##11 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum