You are not connected. Please login or register

scroll of rename?

Hope

Hope

scroll of rename? EmptyPosts : 50
Hope

if i recall correctly the scroll available is in the item shop for donation/votepoints is the transy scroll

is there a scroll of change name (changing a characters name)?
if not then i would like to suggest for it to be available in the NPC Is store

Very Happy

##1 - Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:57 am
Kayleee

Kayleee

scroll of rename? EmptyPosts : 89
Kayleee

There is no Name Change Scroll.

While it'd be nice to have it in there... I've talked to Mazey about it already and I highly doubt it'll be added as it's VERY hard to go through logs, meaning that if someone decided to scam someone and then go name change, it's almost impossible to find them...

##2 - Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:37 am
bjbmangahas

bjbmangahas

scroll of rename? EmptyPosts : 8
bjbmangahas

Kayleee wrote:There is no Name Change Scroll.

While it'd be nice to have it in there... I've talked to Mazey about it already and I highly doubt it'll be added as it's VERY hard to go through logs, meaning that if someone decided to scam someone and then go name change, it's almost impossible to find them...
You have a point sir but I think its all bout being aware of scammers. You can't be scammed by dealing items or trading but I think you can be scam by buying dp or items through money or load. Its their loss just be careful.
+1 to the scroll

##3 - Posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:46 pm
rhonnx

rhonnx

Verified User
scroll of rename? EmptyPosts : 1104
rhonnx

+1 to having scroll of name change back! :> I think a great scammer would just make a new account instead ;p

##4 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:02 am

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jordi

scroll of rename? EmptyPosts : 3
Jordi

Kayleee wrote:There is no Name Change Scroll.

It's easy just to make a simple script to see which people change their name into a diffrent one.

##6 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:13 am
Aloha

Aloha

scroll of rename? EmptyPosts : 209
Aloha

I agree on this thread, it would be nice too have a scroll of name change. Plus if the scroll costed a reasonable price such as like for 15vps or 5 dps. It would be worthless for a scammer to pay for that. Also it would be kinda obvious if they change their identity. Just by telling how they dress their character or just how they talk.

##7 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:55 am

Grey

Grey

Administrator
Administrator
scroll of rename? EmptyPosts : 1208
Jigglypuff  Psyduck 
Grey

Nice suggestion, however, please also consider the situation in the tracing of the accounts and constant records of logs. There are many circumstances that requires consistent reports such as confirmation of details in password reset request and most importantly in tracing.

I admit that unavailability of Scroll of name change in-game has big contribution; it lessen the burden of the staffs and the number of scamming attempts were drastically decreased compared before.

We already posted different means of precautions and warnings regarding scam awareness. But, there are still few several players who take and patronize the risk to share and trust their account details/items (to in-game/personal friends, family members, relatives. gf/bf, strangers and such) and of course, they are sole-responsible to their accounts and they are high-risk of getting scammed. Another way of being scam is through keyloggers and phishing sites. There are many players (especially Filipino) who are playing in internet cafes or computer shops, most of us (maybe) know that it is a public place where they meet random strangers and has a higher possibility that keyloggers were installed in computers. Yes, we cannot stopped scammers and keylog users but still, we want to do an action to lessen the spread of such activity. If the action was performed repeatedly (or depending of the level of offense) then we are going to permanent banned his unique identifier and the player will not able to login the server anymore even he change IPs.

At the end of the day, the staffs are being blame and getting all the pressure with regards to scam cases because victims are expecting an action. (We can't just say "hey it's your fault so deal with it." because staffs are suppose to help the community.) However, there is no restoration of any item/s being lost so, the only way we can do is to conduct an investigation with the help of the consistent logs and banned the account/s involved if found guilty. Plus, any players who committed something against the rules can easily get away with previous warnings they have received and can violate any of the rules repeatedly by changing their names. In that case, more players will encourage to commit any offense.

And another thing, we would like to get rid of the characters being bugged when using the scroll (which I also heard that even in official flyff happens). It happened to some players way back then where they cannot log-in their accounts successfully and keeps being disconnected.

##9 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:02 am

Grey

Grey

Administrator
Administrator
scroll of rename? EmptyPosts : 1208
Jigglypuff  Psyduck 
Grey

Viva wrote:You said the staff is being blamed because no action is/has been taken.
What I mean with this statement "the staffs are being blame and getting all the pressure with regards to scam cases because victims are expecting an action" the action I am specifying to is about victims are expecting item restoration with their lost. We cant do such but we can only conduct an investigation regarding the case base on reports on the logs and ban if anyone found guilty. It wont be much efficient and reliable if there is inconsistency of logs and missing details.

Viva wrote:
Yet, I barely see half the staff online, it could be because of time zone but still I'm only most of the time and I only tend to see Aaron and Recreant. I've seen MuppetReject a few times but it also happens that he was really inactive before.

My concern is how active the Staff was before they were actually staff, now since they're some of them have become really inactive and it's just  a problem when the staff isn't online to solve anyone's serious problems.
We are not limiting our means. There are still several means to communicate with our staffs such as sending in-game mails, PMs in xat, facebook group/fanpage (which most of the people are performing), sending private message in forum and others. Staffs will surely check and respond to it during our availability.

Some staffs go online from time to time, we might not feel/see 'em due to timezone differences but we can still monitor staffs in-game activity through playtime logs. Staffs trying the best to give time and exert their efforts to help the community, so I won't doubt that.

Viva wrote:
Yeah, of course the scamming went down a lot, well because the name changes were however taken out. But still, it's not just because of the scamming why people would change their names. I could think of multiple reasons of why someone would want to change their name, not including scamming though.

Grey, you have an excellent point but as Rhythm said, just make the Name Changes a good amount to pay for but not that much so scammers or anybody like that won't waste their time or waste their money on it just to do anything stupid. I legit haven't seen a scam report in awhile which is good. Yet, some would like to have a name change.
They still can afford to buy it especially those who succeed to scam or steal items of Full donor character. In that case, they can get rid of the ban without any shadows in the logs and took it away without any trace. And their MAIN/S won't be possible to be identified.

It's not only about logs but also getting rid of characters being bugged.
Grey wrote:And another thing, we would like to get rid of the characters being bugged when using the scroll (which I also heard that even in official flyff happens). It happened to some players way back then where they cannot log-in their accounts successfully and keeps being disconnected.

Anyhow, I just tried to clear and point the things why we took out the use of scroll of name change that was available way back then.

Have a nice day! ^^

Last edited by Grey on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

##11 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:44 am

freedert1

freedert1

Advanced Contributor
scroll of rename? EmptyPosts : 1291
freedert1

I clearly understand this matters about Scroll of Name change.!

Removing the Scroll of change name Is "wise" thing to do SPECIALLY FOR PRIVATE ONLINE GAMES.

For me Grey, Is pointing out that Removing the Scroll of Change name is Easy to track down of Scummers and Players that who committing Glitch, Hack, and doing against the rules of This Game etc... And what If ex. a Scummers uses a scroll of change and change their names, It will be hard to track it, it's like "spider web" line is hard to track, Removing the Scroll of Change name to have a fine line or to lost some line it will become straight line, it will be easily to this abusing Players.

-No support this.

Grey already said the REASON about this just understand it, also It will Help many Players.

-If you're BORED of your Names, Just Create another characters, Easy to Level up. its like 10mints or so.

##13 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:18 am
Aloha

Aloha

Aloha

Viva wrote:You'd be surprised about the staff, just saying. Either way this is a good suggestion.

I agree with viva on this, ever since the players who's actually became staffs became awfully inactive in-game, I know it's different time zones and all, but majority of the time I'm on, neither are on. For an example, not gonna be flaming him but just saying, but what ever happen to Mizuki? Ever since he became staff he's been so MIA. But yeah, I know how staffs are allowed to have alts but it seems to me that they're always on them, and trying to hide on getting the amount of PM's from players who need help. Like I know it can be difficult and all, but isn't it's suppose to be a GM's job too do so?

##14 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:35 am

freedert1

freedert1

Advanced Contributor
freedert1

@Aloha

Aloha why they "inactive in-game" they have their own life and main jobs this is just a side line. They have their own life, they need to not devoted in this game SPECIALLY this a Private Game, What do you want them to talk TIME-TO-TIME in-game?!!! to report. we have forum or Xat to report on, They will answer it, because they see PROOOFS at the FORUM of the matter of the Reports.

And if this Is Online Games well that's different story. You can GM's if they In-active in-game. But this is Private Online Games.

Facts about-->PRIVATE SERVER<--Click-->MORE

##16 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:03 am

Kayleee

Kayleee

Kayleee

As Viva stated above... Keep this on topic otherwise I'll lock it for going off-topic completely.

##18 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:16 am
Aloha

Aloha

Aloha

It's pretty sad tho Sad

##19 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:21 am
freedert1

freedert1

Advanced Contributor
freedert1

@Viva
However, this isn't the place to talk about the Staff Members online time and inactivity, and all of that. I'll make a topic about this later pointing out and giving solid, valid, and understanding reasons so everyone can give their point and such. If we could please stay on topic after this, that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on the topic, Have you read Aloha posted? Here..
I agree with viva on this, ever since the players who's actually became staffs became awfully inactive in-game, I know it's different time zones and all, but majority of the time I'm on, neither are on. For an example, not gonna be flaming him but just saying, but what ever happen to Mizuki? Ever since he became staff he's been so MIA. But yeah, I know how staffs are allowed to have alts but it seems to me that they're always on them, and trying to hide on getting the amount of PM's from players who need help. Like I know it can be difficult and all, but isn't it's suppose to be a GM's job too do so?

who is Off-topic ha?!

@Viva, a Question, Why do you think that they removed the Scroll of Change Name?

Info:

Advantages

The owner has full freedom in choosing the server functions and software stack.
   The housing price tends to be cheaper than for the similar dedicated server as it does not include the price for renting the equipment.
   The server activities are only regulated by the law and not by policies of the hosting provider.
   The owned computer can offer much more disk space, memory, CPU time and other resources than shared, virtual private or even a typical dedicated server.

Disadvantages

The dedicated machine is an overkill for many web projects. Buying limited resources with web hosting plan may actually be cheaper.
   The owner must be able to manage software and ensure security (it is possible to purchase security audit).
   The price of the new server is comparable to the price of the used car - several thousand to several tens of thousand dollars, depending on configuration. This may be too expensive for the occasional hobby purchase but is an acceptable price for some business start-up even without an investing company behind.
   With very high end hardware, the traffic speed may become a bottleneck. Multiple servers, scattered thought the world, may be able to handle more connections even when each of them is less capable.

Source: wikipedia.org

Grey already pointed out why they removed it. And what is the REASON is.

##20 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:24 am

Aloha

Aloha

Aloha

Freedert1 don't need to go all out on this, I was just pointing out, and where you got the wrong point on what I was trying to say. But please keep on topic instead of trying to make this a big problem.

Thanks!

##22 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 am
Kayleee

Kayleee

Kayleee

Locking this due to going completely off topic, keep it on topic next time guys.

##23 - Posted Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:32 am

Sponsored content

scroll of rename? Empty
Sponsored content

##24 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum