You are not connected. Please login or register

Switch Guild Leader Command

oResort

oResort

Switch Guild Leader Command EmptyPosts : 177
oResort

As the title says, I thought of the idea of having a switch guild lead command, rather than having to press G and then find the name and right click and press switch guild leader. Instead of that, there would be a command, for example "/switchguildlead oResort"

You could write that out and then have the speech bubble on your F-key to press in the middle of siege if someone else is scoring a lot of points. You would look at your lineup and then do the command with each persons name after it so it would change to that person.

I just thought this would be a much more efficient way to switch the guild leader.

Tell me what you think.

##1 - Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:38 am
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ResortFG
LostNightmare

LostNightmare

Ex-GM
Switch Guild Leader Command EmptyPosts : 285
LostNightmare

/SwitchGuildLead NO
jk good idea except for the fact it could be used to abuse GS as the leader could just be tossed around to the person about to score. idk how it would work out to be fully honest.

##2 - Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:26 am
oResort

oResort

oResort

Like you said about it being abused, it's possible for the leader to get passed around a lot anyway, every time the lead dies they switch it to someone else, if you get an average time of how long a player lives for 1 life and add like 5 - 10 seconds, that seems decent.

##3 - Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:33 am
LostNightmare

LostNightmare

Ex-GM
Switch Guild Leader Command EmptyPosts : 285
LostNightmare

Good idea on the cool down, but what about the people who get farmed by overly active big guilds? Doesn't it seem unfair a big guild that doesn't die because they're too op just swaps lead killing noobs?

##4 - Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:39 am
oResort

oResort

oResort

That's why you would record an average of several different skilled players, good ones - to inexperienced ones of how long they survive on one life and then get the mean average (add up all the times and divide by how many people) for example, from different players you get the results, 24, 14, 18, 28, 10, add them = 94, then 94 / 5 because thats how many times there were, = 18.8 seconds, round it to 19 seconds, then say add 5 seconds which would be 24 seconds.

It's just an example.

##5 - Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:04 pm
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Switch Guild Leader Command EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

I have study sieges and i will point out that Guild Leaders makes more point then any other members. So each time that gets passed around you are actual earning more points which leads to Abusing Scroing. So NO.

##6 - Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:13 pm
oResort

oResort

oResort

LEgionDark wrote:I have study sieges and i will point out that Guild Leaders makes more point then any other members. So each time that gets passed around you are actual earning more points which leads to Abusing Scroing. So NO.

I already explained the solution to that.

You could switch it around a lot if you wanted to already, each time the leader dies they switch it's simple, but i've already thought of a solution if you read the rest.

##7 - Posted Thu May 01, 2014 5:31 am
Soul

Soul

Switch Guild Leader Command EmptyPosts : 46
Soul

Alright, so let's break this down.

Contrary to common understand, which player has guild lead does not affect the total score of the guild a lot. It does affect the invividual score significantly, but the added up guild score does not get as affected.

Let's say you have a bad run and you score 5 kills, and your guildmate scores 15 kills. In this situation, you would commonly be getting 10 points, and your guildmate would get 30 points. If you had guildlead, you would have 15 points in this situation, and the other player would have 45 ponts. Individually, improving your score from 30 to 45 is quite a boost, whereas the total guild score is not affected as much, since you have to subtract the number of points the guild leader got. So, in this case, the difference would not be higher than around 10 points for the overall guild, even though it would affect the individual player with lead quite a lot. This might be decisive for the MvP, but it will not change which guild crowns most of the time.

Obviously, 5 kills versus 15 kills is a very extreme situation, and the difference isn't very big even then. I would say the difference between a player having a good and a bad run is usually around 5 kills, in which case you would only be able to get another 5 points out of having guild lead on the right person.

That said, something we have to take into consideration is the guild-lead swapping for extra points. As most players who siege regularly might realise, it is close to unrealistic to swap guild lead to somebody just as he's about to get a kill. Even if you manage to do it, you'll only be rewarded by one point. Given my previous argument, the overall impact wouldn't be as big as it might seem. I would say you deserve those extra 5-10 points if you manage to synergize the passing that well. It is not realistic to assume this will result in having 2 players have lead every siege.

This all being said, I would definitely say I support this suggestion. It would add an extra touch of team synergy to the siege, and the overall difference between a guild swapping lead efficiently and a guild not swapping lead at all wouldn't be close to as big as people might think.

##8 - Posted Thu May 01, 2014 5:58 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

Every kill earns a player 2 basic + 1 extra point for being a leader killing another player (3pts).

What I see is this. Guild Leader title switching over to another player, then that player switches the title back to original Guild Leader. Other words Farming for Points. Which is just as much as Farming for MvP Title.

Like what Lost has said. It will only benefit the stronger guild. (the perfect Farming for Guild War Title)

##9 - Posted Thu May 01, 2014 9:18 am
oResort

oResort

oResort

LEgionDark wrote:Every kill earns a player 2 basic + 1 extra point for being a leader killing another player (3pts).

What I see is this. Guild Leader title switching over to another player, then that player switches the title back to original Guild Leader. Other words Farming for Points. Which is just as much as Farming for MvP Title.

Like what Lost has said. It will only benefit the stronger guild. (the perfect Farming for Guild War Title)

Like I said, it's not changing anything, just adding a command to make it easier. If you add the delay I spoke about, you would be able to switch guild lead right now more often than you would with the command + delay.

The stronger guild won't always be the strongest guild because they won't always have a full line up. So the "strongest" guild will not be the same guild every siege.

##10 - Posted Thu May 01, 2014 9:52 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
LEgionDark

There could be a possibility of removing the Guild Leader's extra point of and keep everyone at 2points kill

##11 - Posted Thu May 01, 2014 4:22 pm
-Mikel

-Mikel

Switch Guild Leader Command EmptyPosts : 36
-Mikel

Lazy C:.

##12 - Posted Thu May 01, 2014 4:35 pm
Aioe

Aioe

Switch Guild Leader Command EmptyPosts : 56
Aioe

-Mikel wrote:Lazy C:.