You are not connected. Please login or register

Minor classes tweaks. (Skills only)

Fredflap

Fredflap

Minor classes tweaks. (Skills only) EmptyPosts : 14
Fredflap

The only thing I'm going to talk about here are skills.

So basically, there are a whole lot of skills that are useless. I'm not talking about the offensive 2nd class mercenary skills ( because nobody would use them anyway ), I'm talking about skills that could potentially be worth using, but one details renders them useless. And the thing that renders them useless is the cooldown on them all.

I'll list there the skills I'm talking about, what should be done, and why.

First off, Elementor skills :
Elementor Skills:

Now, here beings the Psykeeper skill list :

PsykeeperSkills:

Here are the Ranger skills:

RangerSkills:

I think I succesfully listed most useless skills here. Don't worry about me, I'm not stuck in an illusion, I know the chances for something like that to pass is crazy low, and I know I'm the only one which would care about those changes anyway, but sometimes you have to stop looking like everyone, and do exactly the same thing than them.
Besides, I am absolutely sure you can do a thing with cooldowns, considering you added one for EVA Storm, so there's no excuse there :p.

End of the suggestion, you can start flaming me now.
Also here's a tl;dr :

tl;dr : lotsa useless skills, remove cooldown, and they're useful.

Last edited by Fredflap on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total

##1 - Posted Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:57 am
http://www.matmartinez.net/nsfw/
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Minor classes tweaks. (Skills only) EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

I'd just point out that arcanists are a lot better than blades PvP wise. Other than that, great topic you got there ^^

##2 - Posted Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:18 am
LEgionDark

LEgionDark

Advanced Contributor
Minor classes tweaks. (Skills only) EmptyPosts : 1445
LEgionDark

no one is complaining about the arcanist skills having a cooldown. You just want to spam the hell out of these skills, for what?

##3 - Posted Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:45 am
Fredflap

Fredflap

Fredflap

LEgionDark wrote:no one is complaining about the arcanist skills having a cooldown. You just want to spam the hell out of these skills, for what?

You didn't get the point because you didn't take the time to read.
You speak of arcanist skills as if they all had cooldowns, Spectral Javelin and Astral Moon don't, but maybe you don't consider those exist because they're not fancy enough compared to EVA Storm and Echoes of the Weary?

I don't think removing the cooldown on EVA Storm or Echoes would be a good thing, because the first is has a huge radius, and deals just as much as the two other offensive skills of arcanist, and Echoes is just a pain in the butt unless you have holy scrolls, and even if you do, the cooldown is shorter than the skill duration so it can still be spammed. I'm telling you this, so you realise I didn't mention those skills because it's only fair those have cooldowns.

In fact, I expected someone to be like : "why use those useless skills? lol -1", I guess I'm good enough to predict where I'm going to be criticized.

Fact is that you didn't even speak about the skills I mentioned for rangers or psykeepers. But let's look again at what you said :

"You just want to spam the hell out of these skills, for what?"

My answer to that question was actually was written in the part where I talk about Burning Field, in Elementor Skills spoiler :
"I'm asking such a thing for the sake of diversity"

If you want to have investment into any community or any instance of authority, you better read entierly what's written, and understand the meaning of it, not just skip through it with only one of your two eyes.

I take your comment as an offense.

Didn't know arcanists were that much better than slayers PvP wise, considering I haven't been into any PvP session yet.

##4 - Posted Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:12 am
JackSparrowYAY

JackSparrowYAY

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Minor classes tweaks. (Skills only) EmptyPosts : 1605
Pikachu 
JackSparrowYAY

Woah there, mate! Calm down haha. LEgionDark does have a point. Burning Field and Poison Cloud were made as bleeding/burning skills, which is why they do less damage. This means that there are no real points in spamming those skills.

If the lv 70/75 skills were made to be dealing extra more damage than winfield/earthquake do, then it is logic that it has been put cool down timer on those skills.

I think that´s where LEgionDark´s "offense" comes in:

LEgionDark wrote:You just want to spam the hell out of these skills, for what?

##5 - Posted Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:16 pm

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

iMarimar

iMarimar

Minor classes tweaks. (Skills only) EmptyPosts : 93
iMarimar

Hello Mister Fredflap Smile
I hope you are having a good day. Wink Anyways, Ill try to site my opinion about this.

Fredflap wrote:The only thing I'm going to talk about here are skills.

So basically, there are a whole lot of skills that are useless. I'm not talking about the offensive 2nd class mercenary skills ( because nobody would use them anyway ), I'm talking about skills that could potentially be worth using, but one details renders them useless. And the thing that renders them useless is the cooldown on them all.

I have read your post Mister Fredlap and I like your suggestion very pointy and worth discussing.  But grant me to correct little tiny flaws in you suggestion. I'm not against it nor I am contradicting. Literally, I'm so in it.

Fredflap wrote:First off, Elementor skills :
Elementor Skills:

Its quite peculiar of what said about the damage it deals, but I'm sure that its lesser. Tho, depending on the Staff Element and also Element of your opponent which I meant their Shields and Suits same goes with the Monster Element. Considering the removal of the cool down is okay but, I think its just no use after all its meant that way even in the official servers. On the other hand, still im up for it. More fun ^_^

Fredflap wrote:-Poison Cloud.
The cooldown, here too, should be removed, and it should be "action slotable". Also, the poison effect, with 10315 Int, and crazy amounts of atk% will not do over 7k damage. Can we multiply that by 10~100 ? ( I mean, windfield slows your opponent for hours with this much int anyway. )

Hmmm.. For this skill I can say that this is one of the awesomest skill in Arca's aside from its Skill BG effect. This is one of my favorites and I couldn't agree for more to remove the cool down and should be in action slot. Still, on the other hand, it would create an imbalance to the players if did so, we all know that players are in Fire Element to counter act the Windfield (which is one of the main skill when you think about Arca's) that is commonly used for its AOE and has a slow poison that makes it unique to others.

Fredflap wrote:Why should that happen :
Once again, for the sake of diversity, besides, Arcanists don't actually have any presence on this server other than for farming RC, even that won't change the fact that slayers are just million times better. PvP and PvE wise.

I doubt this. Arcanist Class is second on top in terms of count with a difference of 3,000 or so (based on Mazey's Official Site, in General Server Statistics Section). Arcanists aren't just for farming (PVE) but also for Dueling and Sieging (PVP), I really dont have any idea where did you base this either you get this. For the statement you had above saying that slayers are millions better in terms of PVE? Well, its a fact and too obvious to be discussed. But in terms of PVP? I doubt that Mister Freflap, tho we all know they do an enormous damage to players but its by chance and they're the one's being killed first before them killing the opponent. In addition to this, I rarely see Slayers in Arena nor in Siege.

Fredflap wrote:[/b]-Lightning Storm, Meteor Shower, Sandstorm, Blizzard.
Remove/ have a 1milisecond cooldown, and probably decrease the stun rate on blizzard?

Why should that happen :
Those 4 skills were meant to be crazy powerful, as they are combination of multiple elements, and which is why having a cooldown made sense. In this server, those skills have just about no use, people use them in RC farming, because they have a slightly higher radius to hit, but even then, they're just useless, people'll still spam Windfield for a living.

I'd just love to have the ability to use the skill I want endlessly, instead of being restrained to using the one that just does the thing better.

Yes you got it right!! those 4 skills that were stated above are really powerful. In your side that those 4 skills are no use is kinda fuzzy you just said it that its used for farming and I just love how it works. Its the players own discretion if they spam windfield or use those skills.

And of course I feel you about the ability to use the skill all you want endlessly is quite unreasonable for the reason that those 4 skills weren't just the exclusive skills in Arca's, they're a lot and I'm referring to Elementor skills.

For the Blizzard Mister Fredflap, you want to Decrease the probability of the Stun Rate or Increase its probability? 'Cause based on your post you are so up for the Arcanist Class. Thats whyI'm confused. O.o

Thank You
and..

love love love
fun fun fun Wink

##7 - Posted Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:58 pm
Fredflap

Fredflap

Fredflap

Sloenn wrote:Hello Mister Fredflap Smile
I hope you are having a good day. Wink Anyways, Ill try to site my opinion about this.

Fredflap wrote:The only thing I'm going to talk about here are skills.

I have read your post Mister Fredlap and I like your suggestion very pointy and worth discussing.  But grant me to correct little tiny flaws in you suggestion. I'm not against it nor I am contradicting. Literally, I'm so in it.

Fredflap wrote:First off, Elementor skills :
Elementor Skills:

Its quite peculiar of what said about the damage it deals, but I'm sure that its lesser. Tho, depending on the Staff Element and also Element of your opponent which I meant their Shields and Suits same goes with the Monster Element. Considering the removal of the cool down is okay but, I think its just no use after all its meant that way even in the official servers. On the other hand, still im up for it. More fun ^_^

Fredflap wrote:-Poison Cloud.
The cooldown, here too, should be removed, and it should be "action slotable". Also, the poison effect, with 10315 Int, and crazy amounts of atk% will not do over 7k damage. Can we multiply that by 10~100 ? ( I mean, windfield slows your opponent for hours with this much int anyway. )

Hmmm.. For this skill I can say that this is one of the awesomest skill in Arca's aside from its Skill BG effect. This is one of my favorites and I couldn't agree for more to remove the cool down and should be in action slot. Still, on the other hand, it would create an imbalance to the players if did so, we all know that players are in Fire Element to counter act the Windfield (which is one of the main skill when you think about Arca's) that is commonly used for its AOE and has a slow poison that makes it unique to others.

Fredflap wrote:Why should that happen :
Once again, for the sake of diversity, besides, Arcanists don't actually have any presence on this server other than for farming RC, even that won't change the fact that slayers are just million times better. PvP and PvE wise.

I doubt this. Arcanist Class is second on top in terms of count with a difference of 3,000 or so (based on Mazey's Official Site, in General Server Statistics Section). Arcanists aren't just for farming (PVE) but also for Dueling and Sieging (PVP), I really dont have any idea where did you base this either you get this. For the statement you had above saying that slayers are millions better in terms of PVE? Well, its a fact and too obvious to be discussed. But in terms of PVP? I doubt that Mister Freflap, tho we all know they do an enormous damage to players but its by chance and they're the one's being killed first before them killing the opponent. In addition to this, I rarely see Slayers in Arena nor in Siege.

Fredflap wrote:[/b]-Lightning Storm, Meteor Shower, Sandstorm, Blizzard.
Remove/ have a 1milisecond cooldown, and probably decrease the stun rate on blizzard?

Why should that happen :
Those 4 skills were meant to be crazy powerful, as they are combination of multiple elements, and which is why having a cooldown made sense. In this server, those skills have just about no use, people use them in RC farming, because they have a slightly higher radius to hit, but even then, they're just useless, people'll still spam Windfield for a living.

I'd just love to have the ability to use the skill I want endlessly, instead of being restrained to using the one that just does the thing better.

Yes you got it right!! those 4 skills that were stated above are really powerful. In your side that those 4 skills are no use is kinda fuzzy you just said it that its used for farming and I just love how it works. Its the players own discretion if they spam windfield or use those skills.

And of course I feel you about the ability to use the skill all you want endlessly is quite unreasonable for the reason that those 4 skills weren't just the exclusive skills in Arca's, they're a lot and I'm referring to Elementor skills.

For the Blizzard Mister Fredflap, you want to Decrease the probability of the Stun Rate or Increase its probability? 'Cause based on your post you are so up for the Arcanist Class. Thats whyI'm confused. O.o

Thank You
and..

love love love
fun fun fun Wink

Thanks for reading, but I have to commit myself to respond about the whole burning field part.
The truth is that, I have my staff fire elemented. And I tested my damage on the Venel Guardian, because it has no elemental strength or weaknesses.

Though you are perfectly right, I talked about PvP Slayer and PvP Arcanist without complete knowledge, and for that, I'll have to edit the main post.

But the rest of it are still facts, people aren't any likely to use these skills, unless they just want to not spam the same skill over and over.

The whole thing about Blizzard is to actually decrease the stun chance, in case it's made spammable, because if it's increased and spammed, that means a permanent stun on any foes around you/your target.

Still, I'm suggesting that so that this server has a unique feel. I've been to quite a few flyff private servers, and only one had managed removing the cooldowns, or restudying the skills so that there would be something else to them than what was originally planed.

And while it's very true that the fire element will do more on wind elemented targets, how much more will that do? And even then, will it matter? I think not, because if you put an element in your staff, your normal element skills will be weaker. For instance, the Arcanist skills don't have any element, and people still think EVA Storm is Electric elemented. It is not. The 3rd job skills are stronger, because on the official servers, you don't have anything that holds your MP and FP at a constant 100%, and how many mp do you consume per Arcanist skills? 500 MP. If you've played the official game for long enough, you'd be aware of how many Fifth Refreshers you should at least have in your inventory.

But I disgress, regarding the Poison Cloud part, you mentioned it would be a problem for people who have a fire element to counter Windfield.
That's exactly why it should be spammable : To make sure no one can expect anything, and give a more free/random feel to the fight, instead of following a boring metagame.

And regarding the 4 AoEs, you said that it was the user's own discretion if they want to use them or spam windfield.
I'd say you've got half the point, because the user doesn't YET have the choice to use them, because you can't use them often enough for you to cycle through them.
If they all had a 3~5 seconds cooldown, that would mean that you could be able to use one after the other continuously, ( dealing yet still less damage than windfield if you have any element in your staff ), and probably just have more fun than setting just windfield to F1 and keep that button pressed.
Had those skills any more power, I would say keep the cooldown, but they're still far too weak in comparison to other skills, so they're currently neither what they're meant to be or what could be useful.

Back to what Jack said :

JackSparrowYAY wrote:
Woah there, mate! Calm down haha. LEgionDark does have a point. Burning Field and Poison Cloud were made as bleeding/burning skills, which is why they do less damage. This means that there are no real points in spamming those skills.
The bleeding and burning aren't on scale for this server, what I mean by that is, the poison won't go over 50k if you have donor stuff on everything. At level 175, everyone has millions of health. Loosing 50k hp when you have 100M is like a tickle. It's as if inexistant, which is why it then becomes legitimate to be spammable if nothing is done about the poison's strength. In PvP, nobody stands in place forever, and burning field doesn't move along with the target, it just stays where it was casted for 1 second, and that's all. If it did follow the target, then it would be somewhat legitimate. But it's not spammable. Which is why there's no use having these skills like that.

JackSparrowYAY wrote:
If the lv 70/75 skills were made to be dealing extra more damage than winfield/earthquake do, then it is logic that it has been put cool down timer on those skills.

Yeah, but they don't do more damage at all. So where's the logic there?

##8 - Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:24 am

Sponsored content

Minor classes tweaks. (Skills only) Empty
Sponsored content

##9 - Posted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum